Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
All 5 games ahead are MUST wins.

PrplPplEater #1821086 12/01/20 11:37 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Kinda funny that already I have seen "analysts" picking the Titans to roll over the Browns.

Everyone buying into our record is against losers.

If you look at team offensive and defensive rankings the Browns and Titans are very close.

Actually I like our chances.

It was the Titans that outright stomped all over our heads in the opener last season to pop the bubble of hype surrounding this roster.

Now, there is hype building again as we're 8-3. I absolutely favor them over us because we haven't proven too much, yet.

Now is our chance to rise, or be what we've always been.

Totally agree.

Add to that the fact that Garrett's status is still open, Ward and Harrison are out. Not to mention the rest of our laundry list of injuries.

If we had our full power it would probably be pretty even matchup. As it is they're only favored by 4.5 at home which isn't much, the odds makers are actaully giving us decent respect. Let's hope we can prove we deserve it!

Hammer #1821112 12/02/20 08:50 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Hammer
Perhaps they did not see the Titans lose to the Bengals. These "analysts" only think about the last game that was played - against depleted Colts and assume Browns will get spanked. The Titans are the flavor of the week.

It should be a Slobber Knocker.

Honestly, I am not surprised that TEN is favored. Look at it objectively.

TEN has the same record as we do. The game is in TEN. We are 1-3 against teams with winning records. Two of those losses were embarrassing efforts. Our 6 of our 7 wins were against some pretty bad teams, and for the most part went down to the wire.

If we want respect, we need to earn it. Beating TEN will help with that.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Swish #1821115 12/02/20 09:00 AM
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
CapCity Dawg #1821138 12/02/20 10:03 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Originally Posted By: Hammer
Perhaps they did not see the Titans lose to the Bengals. These "analysts" only think about the last game that was played - against depleted Colts and assume Browns will get spanked. The Titans are the flavor of the week.

It should be a Slobber Knocker.

Honestly, I am not surprised that TEN is favored. Look at it objectively.

TEN has the same record as we do. The game is in TEN. We are 1-3 against teams with winning records. Two of those losses were embarrassing efforts. Our 6 of our 7 wins were against some pretty bad teams, and for the most part went down to the wire.

If we want respect, we need to earn it. Beating TEN will help with that.

This. Though we did beat the Colts... not getting embarrassed by the Titans will even be a step in the right direction for us, imo.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c...

didn't have the opportunity to make my what I saw thread and its Wednesday already so will put my observations here. If I can remember....lol laugh

Baker had a bad Red Zone as he had a wide open WR but over threw him...it was one pass but a situation that we have seen before.

Before that miss there was a pass to Landry that was incomplete right at the goal line posts. Can a receiver get mugged any more without a Pass Interference??? shame on you refs...smh

Back to Baker - I have a theory on Bakers Pocket passing near the goal line. Oh he still is accurate and throws TD passes. Stupid announcers making a big thing of Baker not throwing a TD in three games....um did you see the weather in those games and those 3 games all were determined by the RUNNING GAME!
Rain, sleet and 30+ MPH winds will take that air game away.

Anyways back to what I have observed. Baker needs to drop back deeper when he is closer to the Goal Line. He and I have seen other QBs have similar problems (Wilson for example) they don't have much depth for spreading the field and they/Baker has to get his pass over LBs so that it ends up being thrown high and very often too high or else his pass would be tipped and worst case scenario an INT would happen. To avoid that he throws the ball too high.

As stated I would like to see him get that Shot gun snap but then take a Deep 3 step or even 5 step drop...if he did so he would have better depth on those endzone passes. Just saying and please observe yourselves. Not only with Baker but look at other QBs as it is something going around.

Anyways Baker is protecting the ball much better our last game the weather was playable and he did throw 2 TD passes but our Run Game totally controlled the game.

btw the Eagles are a pretty talented team - I think their OL is bad but everything else is pretty darn good.

Talk about holding onto the ball too long and not seeing the open routes....that is Wentz. He has been hit so much and so often the kid is almost at that Damaged goods stage.

Something Burrows will have to look out. As he is out for the year.

Harrison Bryant His hands are small for his size. 9.5" but no excuse for his handling of the ball. For some reason he has it against his chest but not securely in his hand. He has to hold the ball out like a loaf a bread secure in his hand....and then bring that Loaf against his chest with a secure 2 point position and then as he did this time bring his other hand up to secure it even better making a 3 point handle on it. This time he brought his second hand up but the ball was already slipping out of control when he did so. Since his hands are not massive he has to get that ball over the point secured in his hand and arm. Instead he tries to grasp the side of the ball. He has excellent hands but after catching he does not know how to secure that ball. Where is our TE coach...of not her fault but she was a one day coach who needed to show him...At least the kid can block.

Where is Njoku I think his attitude is lack luster and he does not put out 100%.

Chubb has the best vision in the NFL right now. No body is better I know I tried to convey that when he was out and Hunt is very very good but does not have the vision that Chubb has.

Its clogged up Chubb cuts to an opening rather than commit to the quagmire at the LOS. Just good and the kid can catch.

Kudos to our OL they just feed on that Run game that we hae and puts it to our opponents - So proud of them but our depth is not that great, pretty much is Hubbard that is our depth and the kid from the West Coast for Center.

Very satisfied with our Rookie Wills - don't know if he will be an HOFer like Thomas but the kid can ball that is for sure.

Our WRs - are running good routes especially Landry, Higgins and Hodge. I also see our rookie Peoples-Jones learning from them. As he is getting better. I like OBJ his attitude was actually pretty good with us and he has a world of talent but whether from him or coaches too much emphasis was made about him. Just let him be one of the guys and not center the O around him. In any case our WR Corp. is doing just fine without him for some reason things are flowing or that just might be the effects of 8 games under our NEW OFFENSE and things are just jelling. But as I have preached for years you don't need a STUD WR, what you need are 5 WRs who run good routes and have good hands! with Hoop included we got 4 right now. Peoples Jones might become 5.

Hunt I think feeds on Chubbs running game. He becomes a BEAST especially when the Defense is gasping for air and he is fresh. Best Tandem for us in a long long time. Better than Mack and Byner.

Don't want to talk about Playoffs...but things are starting to fall into place for us!

I don't think we are ready yet for a Championship but it would be nice to get some Playoff experience and a Taste in our mouths that will have us identify our goal for the future.

LBs didn't even know anyone was playing the position although now and then I'd see 93 Goodson but they were so so irrelevant. We need a sideline to sideline Beast in there.

Well all I can say is we have to cut RedWine - cause if he cannot beat out Sandejo then what good is he!!! I saw another NONE Tackle out of Sandejo he puts his head down and the runner easily gets by him. He tries hard....but he just is bad!

Our DL is exceptional. I hope that Vernon can give this effort now with Garrett back. It would be nice for the DL to just take over games. Our O will play well but Win or Lose is going to be from our D.

Denzel is missed and it will be probably another game before he is coming back. Woods is going to have to EARN his money from here on in.

I think our D is disciplined and its getting better on the TEAM EFFORT. As the game was a lot more in our control then the score showed.

Stefanski scares me sometimes. 6 minutes to go and its 4th and 1 at the 23...we are in 40 yard FG range Parkay has been money at this range and we are in excellent weather conditions.

My wife goes. WE SHOULD KICK THE FG...I thought for a second - You know, She's right. we had an 8 point lead, the FG was pretty much at excellent odds of success and it puts us up 11 points instead of 8. Why go for it... Yeah I get it we could probably get it close to the 2 minute warning with an 8 point lead and get a TD or the FG. But we went for it. Hunt right up the Gut...not spreading things out and get a Zone read run by Chubb. But any how it was not successful and the Eagles did get their last minute TD but missed their 2 point conversion leaving us with a 2 point lead...smh. Scary when my wife KNOWS a football situation better than our HC and she did so without hesitation. No rant, a simple....ummm, we should kick the FG why are we going for it??? I had no real reason for her and was actually silent about it cause I know she was Right.

anyways we out played them Our D comes through and I never worry about the O as they are flowing especially the Run game.

I think our next will be interesting. It might go FAST like without a batting of the eye Quarters will change cause we will both be running the ball eating up clock time. We have to take advantage of every OPPORTUNITY!

Well that is what I saw.
Wish me luck hope I'll be back having a little procedure done Thursday. Don't know if there will be football in after life for me to see. I was in a bad way September's procedure but I didn't see any white light or my life passing before me.

Just nothing but came back

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Good luck 'tab.

I'll be praying for you.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Thinking about you buddy. See you when you get back.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
EO best of luck to you. I, as I'm sure other posters, understand the problems of health issues. My wife was diagnosed with cancer for the 2nd time back in August and has been having a tough time. My prayers are with you my friend.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
My prayers are with both you and Tabber.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Thank you. It's greatly appreciated.

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Prayers your way my friend.

You dont have to win every game just the next one!
P
Legend
Legend
P
Praying for Both ..

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Homewood and EO...

Thoughts and prayers to EO and his family and for Homewood and his wife as well as the family.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
I'll be praying for your wife as well.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
bonefish #1821337 12/02/20 06:57 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Kinda funny that already I have seen "analysts" picking the Titans to roll over the Browns.

Everyone buying into our record is against losers.

If you look at team offensive and defensive rankings the Browns and Titans are very close.

Actually I like our chances.

If you look at body of work, I don't get it.

Texans squeaked by the Broncos, Jags, and Vikings, got stomped by the Bills, Squeaked by the Texans.. got stomped by the Colts, then stomped the Colts, lost to the Steelers.. Sorry, I don't see anything there that says they should beat us badly. Could they beat us? Sure.. but I expect this to be a fairly close game. I mean, we beat the Colts pretty handily for most of the game.

yebat' Putin
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
EO best of luck to you. I, as I'm sure other posters, understand the problems of health issues. My wife was diagnosed with cancer for the 2nd time back in August and has been having a tough time. My prayers are with you my friend.

back at you Homewood Dog...prayers for your wife and family.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

this is a big reason why I think we will pick up Baker's 5th year.

he is a leader among men

https://youtu.be/1bk4XXc50qc

Check out this Youtubers take. I love his streams and he is a very well spoken Browns fan. He does a great job breaking down Bakers miss to Higgins.

Who let the Dawgs out???
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
EO take care brother. You are one of my favorite posters on this board. I wish people would understand Vers and not attack him. He is another one of my favorites that just talks and educates around football. Thank you for your "What I Saw!!" I have been wondering where you were smile

“It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” -Steve Jobs.
Xanthros #1821662 12/04/20 10:09 AM
Legend
Legend
That was worth a watch. Thanks!

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Xanthros #1821738 12/04/20 02:32 PM
Legend
Legend
Very well reasoned take free from the emotion, hype, and hyperbole that you see in "analysis" much of the time.

Did not even realize on the TD pass to Landry that Landry was supposed to be running the pick and then an inside route with the target being Hodge on the wheel route, which got blown up and everything after that was improvised.. that's awesome.

yebat' Putin
DCDAWGFAN #1821840 12/04/20 11:44 PM
Legend
Legend
Insight like that is why I still hang around here.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Swish #1821880 12/05/20 11:16 AM
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 27 Jaguars 25 Post Game

Link Copied to Clipboard