Legend
Legend

White tops brown pants

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Chubb didn't play in the game vs. the Raiders, or the Steelers earlier.

If the Raiders rushed for 200, maybe they got an additional drive because the Browns offense punted an extra time.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'd bet the mortgage Tenny wins.

If they don't, good thing I rent.

1st String
1st String
Originally Posted By: Pdawg

White tops brown pants

Not that it matters but I was looking forward to the white top orange pants. We did well with those on against the Gals. I hope we see those one more time.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I agree. I hate the brown pants. Love the orange pants.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Make no mistake, Derrick Henry is going to run all over our defense, Nick and Kareem will do their thing

Baker Mayfield will determine the winner or loser of this game. Big game for bay may, I’m throwing all of the hyperbole on this one. Insight into the future.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
O
Legend
Legend
O
Good take on this matchup.

Go Browns! I think they win a squeaker here.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
This is, IMO, the biggest game the Browns have played in 18 years, since the Falcons game in 2002.

A win gives us the easy road to a playoff spot, and would also make a statement.

It’s fun to be talking playoffs in December.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Who is that Kat?

That was excellent.

Legend
Legend

The more I look at this game the more I like our chances.

Start with our OL. Inside at both guard positions and center we go against Jeffery Simmons and Daquan Jones. That should be back and forth battle.

But overall our OL should give Baker time and we will be able to run the ball.

Stopping Henry will a task. In fact he will get yards. However, what we need is to keep him out of the endzone. This becomes more about winning on third downs. And getting turnovers which has been a strength.

Jarvis is finally getting healthy. Baker should have a good day. He will have time and Jarvis and the TE's should do well. Secret weapon may be Hunt in the pass game.

I like our offense in this game. We will do enough on defense. But I like us scoring points in this game.

I see a high scoring game with us winning.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: kwhip
Who is that Kat?

That was excellent.
He has a youtube channel and has been doing this for a few years now. I been watching him for about two years. Not always 100% but as good or better than most talking heads and still a big fan. Just click through the video to his page if you want more.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Originally Posted By: kwhip
Who is that Kat?

That was excellent.
He has a youtube channel and has been doing this for a few years now. I been watching him for about two years. Not always 100% but as good or better than most talking heads and still a big fan. Just click through the video to his page if you want more.

I love him. He does good stuff! I commented on his stuff and let him know the board loves his stuff.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
JC...

What I hope happens....We start scoring big in the 1st quarter, resulting in the titans abandoning their run game. We keep the scoring up, obviously which will keep their ground game limited.

What I fear will happen...the opposite lol Tennessee comes out on fire, scoring early...rendering our running game (our heart and soul) useless. Baker will have even more pressure on his shoulders.

Not going to lie, it feels so good to be in a playoff position in December (Heck for nearly the past decade, I just wanted to see us at .500 ball) However imho we have barely squeaked by some pretty bad teams, and the good-very good teams (Ravens and Steelers) Blew us apart...The Titans are at minimum a good team, I wouldn't be surprised to see us struggle...a win here, would be huge nonetheless.

T
Legend
Legend
T
GC.

Making the most out of all drives on offense.
Winning the turnover battle also..

Making the most out of all drives on offense, partially means, get at least 3 points every time you get the ball across midfield,

Field goal kicker is going to have to have a big day, and the Passing game is going to have to have a big day.

(Call up Derrick Willies off the Practice squad in my opinion is key to the Browns winning this game, I'm not sure the Brown could win this game with their current crop of receivers not having another "threat" who is tall, to "bounce" or "work" other of the D's coverages' off of.

Even After that, I still feel, getting the Tight ends the ball in the passing game to a larger/greater/grande more extent than usual is another key to the Browns winning this game.

Becoming dynamic and unpredictable and opportunistic on offense, Without!
trying to do too much early,
for instance.
We have the situation of the Falcons in their super bowl loss, we also have the situation for the Browns last week iirc,

Where with the Browns, they get the ball to a first down, maybe even a 2nd down, to the opponents 22 yard line, with 7 minutes to go,
And I say, Kicking a FG there, to go up 11 points and kick off, up 11 with only 8 minutes to play in the 4th

though unorthodox, should not be out of the question or overlooked.

The Falcons in their super bowl loss to the Patirots
had a similar situation, where a big named receiver caught a big pass down to the 25 ish while up a certain amount with about 11 minutes to play.

I think, if they kicked the FG at that point they would have possibly gone up 25 points and eliminated the possibilities of the Patriots coming back to win that super bowl which they did.
because I don't recall the details but in my mind, I think it would have eliminated the possibility of 3 scores tying and required 4 separate scores, which usually, barring onside kicks, requires 4 separate posessions to get the win,

Which would have given the scenario where Tom Brady's and Bill Bellichic's come back (given an expectation of 2.5 minutes per drive) would have ended with them not having enough time on the clock to get the 4th possession.

The Falcons, in that super bowl, up 18, or 22 or whatever it was, Did NOT, elect to kick a fg try, when they got that pass completed to the pats 25 ish on that play

I do distinctly remember the very next snap was a big loss, about negative 10 I'm guessing for the falcons, when the Pats D stepped up, the very next snap, becaue the Pats' D was desparate.

NOW!, what you could do, as an offense,

is take that D's ability to desperately make a sack, and take that away from them by, in that situation, Call a timeout,
and send the FG kicking team out, and make a Fg, to go up an insurmountable number of points, per time left in the game,
while you already have the lead.

It is an option, though very unorthodox. And if the FG is good, it helps your cause, perhaps, in the end.

Last weeks Browns game would have allowed for the Browns to kickoff, up 11 points, with 7+ to play in the 4th quarter,

instead of up 8 points, to allow for the possible 2 point converson by the Jaguars to tie the game.

We can remember how the game ended, and the bad calls, 3 which had to be overcome by the Browns, up 2 points, including
including a faux holding call on the center to set up a 3rd and 12.

Browns,
against the Titans, need to make the most of all opportunites on offense, including trying to ensure they get a FG
or better every time they get the ball plus midfield.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Call up Derrick Willies off the Practice squad in my opinion is key to the Browns winning this game,

They brought up Ja'Marcus Bradley instead.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Not familiar with him, I'll read up,
I remember the chemistry Baker and Derrick Willies have though.

I looked at pro football ref. of that Falcons Super Bowl, Austin Hooper was in that and he had a TD, whoa way to go, smile

(Super Bowl 51) I'm talking about the play in the 4th quarter, with 4:47-4:40 to play,
The Falcons hit Jullio Jones, from the 49, to the Patriots 22,

and a few plays later punt from the 38.

A FG, by the Falcons, on first down at the 22, (+17 yards for a kick would have been a 39 yarder)

would have put the Falcons up 11, I think at that point, kicking off with 4:40 seconds to play in the 4th quarter.

Instead of up, 8 points, a game the Falcons lost in overtime, it turns out.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
Our offense might be the best way to get Henry out of the game. Vrabel is a smart coach and he's not going to outthink himself. He's going to make sure Henry gets the ball. The best way to get away from that is to put the pressure on their O to score. Make Tannehill shoulder more of the load.

I agree, use our running game to control the clock and keep Henry off the field as much as possible. Baker has to play better also. Going to come down to TOs and penalties. Time for the Browns to prove they are not a fluke by beating a good team on the road!

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed.Baker has to play better. He can't miss wide open guys to stop a drive or lose a TD. It's really going to be on him today on O.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 41 Titans 35 Taking down the the Titans

Link Copied to Clipboard