Print Thread
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
For none Browns fans a great game to watch... flamingmad

1. I saw a game lost by our KICKER...just when I felt comfortable with our kicker Parkay - he missed and "EASY" FG try in mellow winds and an extra point. That is 4 points making the Ravens have to do a Hail Mary on that last play instead of the FG try to Win!!!

2. Both QBs played very well at what they do. Baker with his arm and Lamar with his Legs.

What kind of DEFENSIVE Game plan is that how can we leave Lamar free to run...HE WAS THEIR OFFENSE and then on that 4th and long play.

We got *%#$# Modelled as the back up got hurt on the ground (or was that staged???) just to have Lamar come back in just in time and then throw a freaking TD Again Defense.

Garrett, still looks weak from that Covid man that kid got hit hard from it. I can't wait till he's 100% if he can heal faster by sitting out - I'd rather have him sit out than risk injury by playing.

I hated the one side bias of these announcers. They even had to spend like 5 minutes Dissing Garrett when they announced he was nominated for the Walter Payton award. Yeah yeah we know he took his helmet off hitting the guy who hit him TWICE in the NUTS! He paid his price for that.

But they just kept dissing us at every compliment they would give.

I thought Baker played great...glad to see him still accurate in the system now. I missed the INT but he came back from that.

What was up with Higgins...he finally gets his acclaim and then he all of a sudden got the Dropsies! He got better as the game went on.

Harrison got a couple of catches but he was afraid to go all out on YAC so he wouldn't Fumble.

Njoku again was MIA on the field.

I love Chubb and Hunt again both were stellar and did not let us down!

Lamar, passing SUCKS sorry he could be so great. But his run game is AMAZING. Even though we got some licks on him this time around!

I like Karl Joseph I think he was one of our best players out there.

Mack Wilson sorry kid was terrible as I saw him just go and chase the wrong guy too many times as if he's guessing who has the ball and runs right by the carrier. smh

thought Malcolm Smith played well...wish he could stay out there longer!

Our Defense has to get better. Looks like Sendejo who is finally playing well is going to sit out??? Who know for sure but concussion protocol. Hopefully Ward is coming back soon.

arggghhh we had this game and ran out of time...we scored too quick I'm like run the ball a bit when we then threw a pass Getting us at Goal to go...I was so pissed and happy at the same time. We scored too Quickly!!! Still sorry hate to point fingers but PARKAY you Blew this one!!!

Well if it too late to post this than just erase it or move it. Just couldn't get myself to talk about the game this is the first visit to the site or Browns site. I like all of you really wanted this game!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
I saw a offense that can stand toe to toe with KC
Donovan people jones looks like are big play WR next year
kicking can we bring back Dawson
Mayfield best game of the year
Go browns lets win out

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Very good take on the game.

You dont have to win every game just the next one!
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Thanks.

Sheldon Richardson is play some Great Football. Again wish Garrett was not that weak but its obvious he is not the same guy.

TE I would like to see more of 89 Carlson he's freaking big didn't realize how big he was.

Does anybody else think Lamar had the runs. Just had to go to the bathroom badly...lol laugh

As for the vertical spread I was hoping to see the new guy I can only assume he was inactive but want to see that 4.28 speed!

Well Giants can be dangerous if we take them too lightly. Lets kick butt the next two weeks with Giants and Jets this way we get 11 wins the most we have had since our reemergence in 1999!

Steeler game we might not get a lot of their starters depends if they need it to challenge for Home field advantage or not???

But I am not happy with our Defense and don't expect us to get far in the playoffs until we fix it!
Later guys And I get it you got that other thread that is similar. Maybe I should do a brief what I saw and get the thread out and then continue later??? or the board just is tired of the thread from yesteryear which is fine with me.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend

The difference in this game was Justin Tucker and Parkey. Tucker is the best and Parkey is not.

Many games are won and lost by kickers. Tucker is close to automatic at 55 yards. Every other kicker is measured at 40 yards.

If you are going to win games like the Ravens game. You can not leave 4 points on the field that are routine kicks.

I watched the new Building the Brown's this morning.

I love this Brown's team. And I truly believe in Kevin Stefanski. He has created the right mindset for this team.

Baker was terrific. 42 points on the Ravens is no easy task. It is so clear that Baker has evolved. He is learning how to read the field. He has a great offensive line in front of him. And that is a huge deal. Baker has confidence in his protection. He now is scanning, and pump faking, and looking db's off where he wants to go. Advanced quarterbacking.

Nick and Kareem are outstanding. Love their games. High effort great players.

The Brown's offensive line play is off the charts. They play as a true unit. IMO they are the best OL in football.
==============================================

Our weakness as a team was once again exposed. We flat out give up to many chunk plays on defense. And the finger is pointed at the same place: linebackers and secondary.

We actually had great DL play.

Lamar obviously made up his mind that if it took him running every play to win; he was going to make that sacrifice. We boxed him in numerous times. But Lamar is unequaled in his ability to escape. As a runner he is unique. He took the game over.

Mack Wilson? Damn dude. Have a clue. His missed tackles that really hurt. Him alone missing a tackle gave up a TD.
But on many occasions he looked lost.

This game hurt. But I love this football team. I like that KS said he was not going to accept "moral victories."

However, this is the best team we have had in so long I am super proud of them. That was one hellava football game.

We will be ready for the Giants.

The long view of the Brown's is so encouraging. I will believe we can win a Super Bowl this year until proven that we did not.

Going forward we will be one of the best teams in football.

I have totally bought into Kevin Stefanski as the head coach and Andrew Berry as the GM. We are fortunate.

It would remiss to not give Haslam some credit.
It has been a difficult time as fans going through watching an owner having to learn from failure. But maybe he has learned and now we can finally have continuity.

2020 has been a challenge. So many of our fellow citizens and their families have suffered. We are lucky to have a football season. Fortunate to have that break for a few hours from the cold realities this year has brought.

I can't express what a thrill this year has brought. Christmas is right around the corner and the Cleveland Brown's are in the hunt for a championship.

We are not the favorites. So.

Sports have had many non favorites win it all. Upsets is what makes sports.

Make no mistake our football team can beat any team in football.

Legend
Legend
Agreed w/this stuff. Our LBs and secondary is a major Achilles heel ... it’s such a shame. I mean every team has flaws, but that’s glaring for us.

We’d all love to be in the playoffs in a month ... but the thought of us going to KC with this secondary is not a fun proposition lol

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
I just want to get in the playoffs. I don’t care who we play (have my preferences but I wouldn’t complain about who we’re matched up with).

Just get in.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
I just want to get in the playoffs. I don’t care who we play (have my preferences but I wouldn’t complain about who we’re matched up with).

Just get in.

win out!

Joe Thomas #73
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Agreed w/this stuff. Our LBs and secondary is a major Achilles heel ... it’s such a shame. I mean every team has flaws, but that’s glaring for us.

We’d all love to be in the playoffs in a month ... but the thought of us going to KC with this secondary is not a fun proposition lol

Actually I was just thinking what a great AFC Championship game that will be. KC vs Browns

both teams will score over 60 points. Just TD after TD us and them...lol laugh

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
eotab, that sounds like a replay of a college game between baker’s Oklahoma and patrick’s Texas tech. Seems like they played a 66-60 or so game . Baker won that one so maybe he does again.

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Like this past game, it comes down to who has that ball last! As I mentioned we just scored way too fast and I think we left 1:04 on the clock. We should have ran and let them use their TO and bring that clock to 20 seconds when we scored.

If only we had/have a championship Defense. We got the DL and that is it, 4 players with little back up Clayborn and Elliot after that not much. But its a great UNIT. LBs, Taki Taki is ok Goodson is OK but both should be back ups not starting material.

Corners WARD but he's been hurt a lot and in the NFL you need 3 studs not 1. Safeties we got a lot of back ups not starters. Possibly Delpit and Ronnie Harrison can be good starters NEXT YEAR. with Joseph and Sendajo as backups not starters. So I see us needing to add some corners and LBs to shore up our Defense next season. Safety we might be ok as well as DL.

jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: eotab
Harrison got a couple of catches but he was afraid to go all out on YAC so he wouldn't Fumble.

Njoku again was MIA on the field.

Njoku had the same number of catches as Harrison, on 2 fewer targets than Harrison, for more than double the yards as Harrison.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
harrison was early and I noticed his catches again, this really wasn't a debate just "WHAT I SAW" please always be free to state what you saw. Now do you remember that or did you do a fact check on catches and STATS???

I just mentally didn't remember Njoku doing anything. Were these catches for First downs or something deep.

As stated I know Harrison didn't have much of YAC as he went out of bounds and my point was that immediately he was running with two arms around the ball.

Can't help what I saw for me Njoku was missing in action as I didn't see him do much...now please tell me what he did not his STATS What Did You See wink but thanks for the Stats it did surprise me but I don't think we are getting as much out of our TEs as I would hope!

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: eotab
harrison was early and I noticed his catches again, this really wasn't a debate just "WHAT I SAW" please always be free to state what you saw. Now do you remember that or did you do a fact check on catches and STATS???

I just mentally didn't remember Njoku doing anything. Were these catches for First downs or something deep.

As stated I know Harrison didn't have much of YAC as he went out of bounds and my point was that immediately he was running with two arms around the ball.

Can't help what I saw for me Njoku was missing in action as I didn't see him do much...now please tell me what he did not his STATS What Did You See wink but thanks for the Stats it did surprise me but I don't think we are getting as much out of our TEs as I would hope!

I remembered Njoku making a couple of catches so I looked up the particulars. Specifically a 20 yarder or so for a 1st down early in the game.

I agree we are not getting much from our TEs, which is not what we were to expect. Especially considering what we are paying for Hooper.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't think it's a question of what you saw. More trying to remember what you saw. You actually saw Njoku had the same number of catches as Harrison, on 2 fewer targets than Harrison, for more than double the yards as Harrison.

You just didn't remember it that way. wink

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
No Pit I remembered Harrison because of the way he clutched the ball after catching it. It did it again last night. But that is why I remembered him and it was in the 1st quarter early on.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 42 Ravens 47 What I saw Ravens game #2and

Link Copied to Clipboard