Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Stefanski's power over the football processes will expand this year, after his successful rookie season. What worked well in 2020 will likely be retained and refined for the 2021 season.

In the NFL, success is rewarded with more power. Successful football coaches who might want "more say" over the decision making processes stand a good chance of getting what they want.

Stefanski has earned the right to have more say (if he desires), imo.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
E
Legend
Legend
E
I didn't forget Wills just don't know where I was to mention him??? Love our OL we had one of the worst Edge OL in 2019 it was our greatest weakness. And then we got Conklin who turned out great as well as the rookie who looks to be a keeper for LT and a weakness became a strength...not to mention the best OL coach in the NFL.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: mac
Stefanski's power over the football processes will expand this year, after his successful rookie season. What worked well in 2020 will likely be retained and refined for the 2021 season.

In the NFL, success is rewarded with more power. Successful football coaches who might want "more say" over the decision making processes stand a good chance of getting what they want.

I think he already had it. That is the way this FO chooses to operate. They seek consensus amount the front office executives, coaching, and scouting.

The coaching staff knows better than any what positions they need to shore up. The scouts know the college players and pro players around the league. The executives know where contracts are falling and where we might have holes a few years down the road they might need to prepare for.

Each has a different objective to accomplish to help reach the main goal, win the Super bowl.

The coaching staff's job is to win the next game. Win that season. They aren't looking 2-3 years down the road.

Scouting is tasked with being on top of college scouting and scouting pro players we might need to bring in if someone gets hurt.

The executives are charged with the long term planning. They aren't charged with winning the next game, they are charged with being in a good position to win in the future.

All three work together to get the players we need tomorrow as well as players we may not need today but will probably need in 2-3 years.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: mac

I think he already had it. That is the way this FO chooses to operate. They seek consensus amount the front office executives, coaching, and scouting.

The coaching staff knows better than any what positions they need to shore up. The scouts know the college players and pro players around the league. The executives know where contracts are falling and where we might have holes a few years down the road they might need to prepare for.

Each has a different objective to accomplish to help reach the main goal, win the Super bowl.

The coaching staff's job is to win the next game. Win that season. They aren't looking 2-3 years down the road.

Scouting is tasked with being on top of college scouting and scouting pro players we might need to bring in if someone gets hurt.

The executives are charged with the long term planning. They aren't charged with winning the next game, they are charged with being in a good position to win in the future.

All three work together to get the players we need tomorrow as well as players we may not need today but will probably need in 2-3 years.

I think mac is still viewing Berea as a recast of Game of Thrones, where the only goal everyone agrees on is to amass more power to satisfy their egos no matter who gets stabbed in the back.

Maybe success could corrupt any of the 3. Who knows? But I don't think mac's prediction is likely to come true because it would mean Ski would have to do a near 180 on his philosophy and personality.

In order for this season to have turned out like it did, Ski, Berry, and DePo ALL had to see the value that the others brought to the table. The 2020 performance had the mark of all 3 of them.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think it's much more simple than that. When things are falling apart people know the end is near. It's human nature to splinter apart and as such division and blame begin. People start pointing their fingers at each other in the struggle to survive.

When things are going well the need shifts to sticking together. Something about that combination of people causes everyone involved to succeed. A certain measure of your success appears to at least partly hinge on the group sticking together.

Over time that dynamic can change. But at least for the first few years you usually won't see a lot of internal strife among those succeeding as a group.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Very true.
Occasionally you meet a doofus you don't like from the get-go, but it usually takes some time before certain people get on your nerves or jealousy sets in.

Will that happen with our FO? I don't think so, but you never know for sure.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Coach of the Year.. Executive of the Year

Link Copied to Clipboard