Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
O
Legend
Legend
O
We are 10-4, yet every little bump in the road brings on a new round of despair and wrists slitting. How about we let them play the games before we crown somebody else victor in the games we might yet win? What the actual hell you guys? How do you even call yourselves fans...

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Whipped Dawgs only know how to howl.

And to a man, if you asked them in August if they thought the Browns would be playing a meaningful game on the last weekend in December... they'd have howled- with laughter.

pffft.

I love this team's 2020 story. This most recent news is just the next chapter.

I think it just adds another layer of intrigue. Baker loves to play the undervalued world-beater. Analysts/commentators still hang the "He hasn't had to carry the team" sign around his neck. Stef's '1-0' on the line again.

Man, I love it. Pour it on. Let's see what this team is really about. A true test of character amid adversity. The first real test of Stefanski's nascent culture here at CLE. I just don't see the guy panicking over this. And if he doesn't panic, and Baker doesn't panic, and 24 and 27 and 95 and 54 and... you get my point, I'm sure.

What a fascinating season.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Whipped Dawgs only know how to howl.

And to a man, if you asked them in August if they thought the Browns would be playing a meaningful game on the last weekend in December... they'd have howled- with laughter.

pffft.

I love this team's 2020 story. This most recent news is just the next chapter.

I think it just adds another layer of intrigue. Baker loves to play the undervalued world-beater. Analysts/commentators still hang the "He hasn't had to carry the team" sign around his neck. Stef's 1-0 on the line again.

Man, I love it. Pour it on. Let's see what this team is really about. A true test of character amid adversity. The first real test of Stefanski's nascent culture at CLE. I just don't see the guy panicking over this. And if he doesn't panic, and Baker doesn't panic, and 24 and 27 and 95 and 54 and... you get my point, I'm sure.

What a fascinating season.

Well said on all points, and I agree. I think Stefanski has this, great mind we have in control.

Plus Chubb and Hunt, i'm not that worried. Lets just win out and control our own destiny!

Last edited by Psydeffect; 12/27/20 02:04 AM.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Lets just win out and control our own destiny!

YupYup, and for sure. Brownies have more 2020 story to write. Think what a story we'll tell if lightning strikes.

But I'm also talking about how sweet the future looks after this season. Psyde: this team is poised to come back pretty much the same next year. Same FO. Same coaching staff. Same feature players. Same system. Same on field/classroom language.

Same culture.

I can't stress how important that is. So much of CLE's bad history since The Return has been of an endless succession of houses hastily built upon shifting sands. We finally have a chance to build something of quality that could last... and that (to me, at least) is more important than the final results of this season.

CLE v. NYJ is the next step. I'll be on the edge of my couch tomorrow. Go Browns!!!

"too many notes, not enough music-"
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
At this rate we better pray that we can get in the playoffs ANY WAY

Browns can still get in if they reach 12-4, (Say that out loud and realize how preposterous that is)

12 and 4 just to qualify, or Zip--- nada, oh well.

Browns may still get in if they finish 11-5 but realize the Raiders vs Dolphins game just hurt the Browns.

( If the Browns spin around the ole who gets in card game and it comes to Browns vs Dolphins in a tie break,
at 11-5 in any way:
Know that last nights game kicked the Browns out by way of the "common games minimum 4" Which, by rule is looked at before strength of victory, or strength of schedule.
(Common Games Browns vs. Dolphins)---
going into last nights games the Dolphins were 4-0 with 1 remaining, (the raiders)
the Browns were 3-1 with 1 remaining (the jets)

( Those common games minimum 4, being (Jaguars, Jets, Bengals, Raiders,) ((dolphins swept the jets, Browns swept the bengals.))

That would occur, if it did, in the, 2 Clubs Not In The Same Division tie break.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-tiebreaking-procedures/

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Quote:
Lets just win out and control our own destiny!

YupYup, and for sure. Brownies have more 2020 story to write. Think what a story we'll tell if lightning strikes.

But I'm also talking about how sweet the future looks after this season. Psyde: this team is poised to come back pretty much the same next year. Same FO. Same coaching staff. Same feature players. Same system. Same on field/classroom language.

Same culture.

I can't stress how important that is. So much of CLE's bad history since The Return has been of an endless succession of houses hastily built upon shifting sands. We finally have a chance to build something of quality that could last... and that (to me, at least) is more important than the final results of this season.

CLE v. NYJ is the next step. I'll be on the edge of my couch tomorrow. Go Browns!!!

Is that whole post a vieled "Next year" forget about this year kind of thing?
The Browns haven't been in the playoffs in 19 years, that's the longest streak in the NFL.

Pettine, had his best year year 1.
Romeo Crennel didn't match his success after his extension.

Culture and Foundation don't mean anymore than "moral victories", what does is winning, and there are no guarantees, I'll bring up the culture the Texans had 2 years ago, iirc, when they won the division, how bout the Jaguars won their division the year prior.

Bottom line!
Browns do it THIS YEAR, or everything they did so far,
Coming back to beat the redskins
rebounding from opening day to dominate the bengals
surviving 500ish passing yards in week 7 from burrow
Winning in Dallas
Upending the Colts in the 4th quarter

Railroading the Texans, eagles, and jaguars after the bye week,
Sweeping 2 divisions
Upseting the Titans on the road

Is All For Nothing if they don't get In the Playoffs! This Year!

Screw Next year
It's been 32 next years!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
If the NFL wants to treat the Cleveland Browns, like college football treats the Indiana Hoosiers, or the Cincinnati Bearcats?

The Cleveland Browns are not playing Southern Sponge Bob university, or Cartoon state! The Browns are playing a real NFL Schedule!
Here are the overall records, from 1 week ago!
1. Chiefs 13-1
2. Packers 11-3
3. Bills 11-3
4. steelers 11-3
5. Titans 10-4
6. Browns 10-4
7. Colts 10-4
8. Saints 10-4
9. Seahawks 10-4
10. Rams 9-5
11. Buccaneers 9-5
12. Dolphins 9-5
13. Ravens 9-5
14. Cardinals 8-6
15. Raiders 7-7
16. Bears 7-7
17. Redskins 6-8
18. Vikings 6-8
19 Patriots 6-8
20. Broncos 5-9
21. Chargers 5-9
22. Lions 5-9
23. Cowboys 5-9
24. FortyNiners 5-9
25. Giants 5-9
26. Eagles 4-9-1
27. Texans 4-10
28. Falcons 4-10
29. Panthers 4-10
30. Bengals 3-10-1
31. Jaguars 1-13
32. Jets 1-13

If the NFL keeps the Browns out of the Playoffs, then 2020 is no better than last year's 6-10 record.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum AFC Playoff Chase Continued

Link Copied to Clipboard