Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
Legend

I mean I know that the covid rules will not change.

However, seems to me that in a case like this. Where those that have not tested positive could take a pre game instant check that could determine positive or negative.

The contact tracing to a positive will not show if that previous contact was with both parties wearing a mask or not.

If you are tested negative can you infect someone else if you had contact with a carrier when both of you wore masks?

This may be a case of overkill. I mean if you are negative hours before could you turn positive over a 3.5 hour game time frame?

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed> I still think we can win. I just wish it didn't have to be so hard. By the way, today is the 56th anniversary of our last championship. December 27th 1964 27-0 over the Baltimore Colts a game many didn't think we could win. If you asked anyone after that game, Browns fan or not, that 56 years would pass and the Browns wouldn't win another championship they would have thought you were nuts!! frown

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 12/27/20 08:55 AM.
Legend
Legend

I have stated the same thing numerous times.

In 64 I was in eleventh grade. The Browns were at the time a top team.

I always took it for granted that we would compete every year for a title.

That is how you think when young and dumb.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Play the game and hope that no more than those named are infected.

Got to be super careful given the present threats..covid 19 and now other various strains from the UK as well as other places.

Next man up....!

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Bahahahaa

A special edition "who are these guys?" breakdown.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
Honestly, though... can Njoku scoot out wide for a game. Throw Hunt out there as well? Even if we lose Njoku to the WR room, we still and 2 very good guys at the spot (and Carlson).

Main question is who is our deep threat? How do we cover for our missing LBs?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
All Pro
All Pro
Kevin will probably use a conservative game plan.

This game will hopefully show how far we have come both mentally and as characters since last season.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
[quote=Floquinho]Kevin will probably use a conservative game plan.

This game will hopefully show how far we have come both mentally and as characters since last season. [/quot

Doesn't matter what game plan we use. Mow "all of a sudden " our left tackle is out and most likely had covid even though he had been testing negative. This is not a winnable game. Even if I'm wrong I would not doubt all these players the nfl wont let play who ate testing negative will suddenly be positive

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
We can use Marvin Hall as our deep threat. That's probably one of the reasons we picked him up. As for LB someone will have to step up. Mack Wilson possibly? It'll be a chance for him to get back in with the coaches.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
We can use Marvin Hall as our deep threat. That's probably one of the reasons we picked him up. As for LB someone will have to step up. Mack Wilson possibly? It'll be
a chance for him to get back in with the coaches.

Hall is also the guy who has the most exposure to the playbook along with some explosion. He could be a factor and is a potential money saver in DFS.

Not as worried about the backers unless they start dropping during the game. Obviously, losing Beej Goods hurts, but I see the term "two starters out at linebacker" when including Phillips and I think that makes it sound worse than it is. Takitaki has been playing some really good ball and Malcolm Smith is probably the best LBer we have all around. Mack will need to stay at home better and play lower, but he can certainly step in. We should be okay there, and I expect Myles and Vernon to get after both tackles for the Jets. The rookie Becton is having a pretty good year but is still a rook, and Fant (RT) is not exactly a stud (PFF ranking of 62nd).

Their interior oline is not good. Former Buckeye Elflein, McGovern and Andrews are bottom of the league bad per PFF. Elflein and Andrews are in the low 40s.......

If Darnold tried to get rid of it quick, we have a chance to jump some routes. If the Jets are stupid and try to run slow developing plays, I can see our line eating them alive for a 5 sack plus game.

Wills is officially out but I have solid faith in Lamm, who could possibly even be a step up in the running game.

"Does Howdy Doody got Wooden balls, man?"
C
Legend
Legend
C
Ja’Marcus Bradley has been on the practice squad the whole season so he should have a pretty good grasp on the playbook. Willies was with the team during training camp and has been back for several weeks so he should be good to go also.

Malcolm Smith has been pretty good and should be able to fill in for Goodson. Mack Wilson has been terrible. Takitaki has been great against the run. I’d expect to see Sendejo and/or Joseph in the linebacker spot quite often.

We are really lucky to be playing to the Jets.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Ja’Marcus Bradley has been on the practice squad the whole season so he should have a pretty good grasp on the playbook. Willies was with the team during training camp and has been back for several weeks so he should be good to go also.

Malcolm Smith has been pretty good and should be able to fill in for Goodson. Mack Wilson has been terrible. Takitaki has been great against the run. I’d expect to see Sendejo and/or Joseph in the linebacker spot quite often.

We are really lucky to be playing to the Jets.

Mack Wilson was trash last year and he continues to be just a special teamer this year. He played his best game as a healthy scratch last week

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Nothing like trying to win a game with one arm tied behind your back, I've felt this game was no gimme and all these players out just increases the difficulty level

We need the Colts to win against the Steelers today, so we gotta root for the Giants but they don't have a good chance

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
j/c

I see no reason we can't use 3 TE sets and swing Hunt out as a WR. The Jets will be expecting and prepared for an all out running game and I think Stefanski may have a surprise for them.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 16 Jets 23 https://www.nfl.com/news/browns-fl ight-to-new-jersey-delayed-followi ng-positive-covid-19-test

Link Copied to Clipboard