Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Mox I agree with you but not taking care of the ball on those fumbles has nothing to do with the WR's or anybody else but Baker. It's on him. I like Baker a lot I want him to be our franchise QB I have no axes to grind with him.

I agree with you. I still believe we're in that game solely because of Baker and I believe we lost the game because of Baker. No issues here.

If he hangs onto the ball, forward progress could have had a first down (Blow the whistle!). Depending on when the ball dislodged, did he already have a first down? Should be like a touchdown, once you got it, fumble away you're all good... I'm joking of course. Or am I?

Last edited by devicedawg; 12/29/20 03:27 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN
Another thing I thought of with several fans calling radio stations for the Browns to change the game plan or at least significantly alter it after the news the players were unavailable sounds pretty simple.

If so, why don't NFL teams just install the game plans Friday afternoon or Saturday. That way should a key player be unexpectedly injured late Thursday they did not waste all that time.

You're kidding... You spend all week figuring out how to attack and defeat a team, you just don't change a gameplan at a moments notice. Organizing and Planning for a team probably starts 2 weeks before the actual game, with the coaches brought in the day (Monday) after the game. Wednesday and Thursday are reserved for new plays and packages that are not common...

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I just rewatched the game, and I did notice two successful sneaks by Baker earlier in the game (on one he actually gained like 4 yards). His passing seemed to start out well enough, but he started getting a little erratic with his passes at the end of the half. He also started holding the ball a ton, but I think this had more to do with the new guys out there and Jets progressively taking away his preferred options.

I think it was Johnson (might've been Joseph) that was playing really stupid. Lots of dumb penalties on special teams. Bunch of blocks, though, which was pretty impressive.

Our Oline got whooped on pretty good. On rewatch, our TE didn't do too bad catching the ball, overall. Bryant had that brutal drop. It looked like they were able to do some damage in the first half, and then NY started to lock them down. Honestly, I'm not sure why they didn't do that right out of the gate, given our personnel. I saw a lot of real suspect blocking out of our TEs and tackles.

It looked like we started trying to get the ball to Chubb and Hunt on short passes, but that just wasn't really working all that well.

Bradley (PS WR) had a pretty decent game. It would've been pretty sweet if he hung onto that ball at the very end and been the hero.

Jets D played very very well. jkl;./Their O played slightly less terrible than our D.

Sendejo had a pretty mediocre game (this is a pretty significant improvement for him). One of the busted coverages might've been on him, but he had a really nice stop on 3rd down when we needed it near the end.

Chubb and Hunt ran really hard, but there wasn't a ton there for them. Even RBs as talented as them can only do so much when they have DLs and LBs hitting them in the backfield.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Jets seem to be playing better since they fired GW. Maybe there happier!!! smile

Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I would hope that once Stefanski has a proper offseason he can do a proper install and start putting in some really fun wrinkles (a bunch of plays off of Chubb and Hunt in the backfield, etc). I wouldn't be surprised if they just didn't have the time/means to do the fun stuff yet.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

BWAHAHAHAHA He lays into Redwine and Joseph and Goes Ballistic over Joe Woods' secondary

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg
Originally Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN
Another thing I thought of with several fans calling radio stations for the Browns to change the game plan or at least significantly alter it after the news the players were unavailable sounds pretty simple.

If so, why don't NFL teams just install the game plans Friday afternoon or Saturday. That way should a key player be unexpectedly injured late Thursday they did not waste all that time.

You're kidding... You spend all week figuring out how to attack and defeat a team, you just don't change a gameplan at a moments notice. Organizing and Planning for a team probably starts 2 weeks before the actual game, with the coaches brought in the day (Monday) after the game. Wednesday and Thursday are reserved for new plays and packages that are not common...

I thought my post was obviously sarcasm in response to the fans who talked about the coaches changing the game plan after the Covid losses were announced the day before the Jets game.

There were fans on 92.3 criticizing the staff for not overhauling teh ganmeplan at noon on Saturday.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ok, purple font is the board code for obvious sarcasm.

People really have no idea how much planning goes into the game.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 16 Jets 23 Post game thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard