Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
1st String
1st String
Safety measure approach. Didn't know where else to post this

Conklin is desperately trying to play and Jimmy and Dee are going above and beyond to ensure everyone's safety. I hope this approach works.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dave
I understand the "house money" analogy, because I think fans want to protect themselves from feeling too bad if we lose, but I'd bet the house that the Browns players and coaches don't feel that way. They are fully invested, and have worked hard and long under very adverse conditions to earn where they are. Its the playoffs - yes it will hurt if we lose, but there's no getting away from that, its part of the deal. It will be that much better when we win, whether its tonight or next post season. Screw house money, we paid for this watching 18 years of ineptitude.

I completely agree. We, as fans, are allowed to think about things differently than the players. However, if we lose, once that initial pain goes away, even the players will find some perspective in what they accomplished this year and what they MIGHT have accomplished under different circumstances and what they need to do better to accomplish more next year.

yebat' Putin
S
Legend
Legend
S
I know the entire deck is stacked against us, but I am still excited for this game, and excited for the potential this team has going forward.

Legend
Legend
The Steelers are really the ones who should be feeling the bulk of the pressure because they are in a no-win situation.

If they win, congrats, you beat a team without it's coach and a couple pro-bowl players who are out with covid, making their first appearance in 20 years.

But if you lose........

yebat' Putin
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
The Steelers are really the ones who should be feeling the bulk of the pressure because they are in a no-win situation.

If they win, congrats, you beat a team without it's coach and a couple pro-bowl players who are out with covid, making their first appearance in 20 years.

But if you lose........

Oh there is no doubt the pressure is fully on the side of Pittsburgh. They have to take care of business here. If they don't I am 100% streaming local pittsburgh sports talk radio on monday LOL

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

But if you lose........

Boom

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

But if you lose........

Boom

Shaka-laka

yebat' Putin
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

But if you lose........

He's on fire!

Boom

Shaka-laka

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 48 Steelers 37 Playing With House Money

Link Copied to Clipboard