Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Juju's days in Pittsburgh are dwindling. They have a habit of disposing of dimwits like him. I hope Joseph lays a lick on him early.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Legend
Legend
Running game / O-line block MUST be STELLAR.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
I agree. I also think your sig is brilliant.

Thought I would share a thought occurred to me yesterday. Our coach is 12th man here, some proclaim it's the fans. I'd suggest that this year in this season, if there is such a thing as a 13th man, then it would be COVID and tracing. Definite impact on games, players, coaches, schedules, practices, rosters, you name it. It has certainly impacted the game this year.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
If JuJu Smith-Schuster's Browns shade wasn't enough to fire up Cleveland ... here's EVEN MORE bulletin board material for the Dawg Pound -- courtesy of ex-Steelers player Ike Taylor!!

TMZ Sports spoke with the former Pittsburgh DB this week ... and when he was explaining Smith-Schuster's "nameless, gray faces" comments, Taylor said JuJu wasn't exactly wrong!

"Well, first of all, there is no rivalry," Taylor said of the Browns vs. Steelers. "You know, the only rivalry when it comes down to Pittsburgh is the Baltimore Ravens. That's the only rivalry we look at."

"We never looked at Cleveland, we never looked at Cincinnati as no rivalry. That's just how it was."

Don't get it twisted, Taylor still has a ton of respect for Cleveland -- he praised Baker Mayfield for his progress -- but he says there's definitely a big brother little brother relationship between the Steelers and Browns.

"It's not in a disrespectful way," Taylor tells us. "It's just if you're a Pittsburgh Steeler, that's how you look at other teams."

If you missed it, Smith-Schuster spoke with reporters on Thursday and said he doesn't look at the Browns any differently this season compared to years' past when they were awful.

"The Browns is the Browns," JuJu said.

Kickoff for the playoff game is 5:15 p.m. PT in Pittsburgh. Getcha popcorn ready!

https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/10/ike-taylor-playoffs-juju-shade-browns/

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
Browns win this game if:

Baker has some protection and the loss of Bitonio doesn't cripple the OL in terms of pass protection and running lanes.

Unlike most comments on here about we can only win if we establish the run - and that play action and passing success will be predicated on the running game. I think the game rests on Baker's shoulders and ability to establish a passing game (including play action) before we start to pound Chubb and Hunt down their throats.

Too many games this season I have seen the running game shut down for periods of the game - and with as bad as our D has been most of the year, I expect we need to keep scoring on most drives to keep in the game... if we run, run, pass on 3rd and 8 too many times, we're going to make this harder for ourselves. I know posters simply shout run, run, run when we've come out passing against teams, but vs the Jets we had 18 carries for 45 yards. . . . I think the Pit D is good enough to do something similar unless we can hurt them passing.

TJ Watt and Heyward have to be slowed down and big plays minimized. Njoku / Hooper / Bryant can't whiff when Pit bring the heat. We saw what happened to Wilson vs the Rams when he had no time ... we can't let that happen.

On D I'm hoping we can prevent anything deep - keep the game to short runs and passes and at some point get a deflection or batted ball and an interception. Connor and Snell are average backs - don't let them beat you. Ben gets the ball out fast - don't send the house, but try to take lanes and the underneath away. I think I heard Ebron was out? I hope so ... but don't let Vance McDonald look like a stud find a way to cover him.

Let's go Browns.... can't wait till 8:15

The more things change the more they stay the same.
E
Legend
Legend
E
We will win only if:

We score more than them.

Actually it will be resting a lot on the shoulders of our D. If they can get intense and work together with discipline we will win. The O will score - We will run on the Steelers we will do well with our play action. Again the key will be our Defense hopefully Garrett and Richardson can muster up the strength to over come their injuries and lead the team. We got Ronnie Harrison back I still haven't heard anyone actually name who will be replacing Bitonio I just know that Bitonio has been advising them. I'm happy we made the playoffs but I wish for us to further than this game. It will be nice to be the ones to kick the Steelers out of the playoffs and make a statement to all the so called experts. Lets keep that chip on our shoulders and kick Butt!

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
This got me thinking: obviously our last playoff win was against the Patriots in the 94 season

BUT ... when was our last AWAY playoff win??

1968 at Dallas

And before then??

Yikes

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: eotab
We will win only if:

We score more than them.

This reminds me of my favorite John Madden quote.
“Usually the team that scores the most points wins the game.”

Last edited by ~Con~Artist~; 01/10/21 11:13 AM.

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
D
Legend
Legend
D
Agree with you that we need to find a way to be ahead by 10 points or more going into the 3rd quarter, and THEN pound the rock - and the clock - with Chubb and Hunt (and Johnson, if necessary). I wouldn't be surprised to see the Browns empty the playbook in this game; reverses, Jarvis throwing the bomb, hook-n-ladder, fumblerooski. Everything should be on the table, except for that ridiculous shovel pass that Freddie loved so much. I also hope our sideline is on the refs about watching for Steeler receivers pushing off and their famous (and never flagged) pick plays. (When the Steelers do it, its a "rub route" ... yeah, riiight.)

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Dave
Agree with you that we need to find a way to be ahead by 10 points or more going into the 3rd quarter, and THEN pound the rock - and the clock - with Chubb and Hunt (and Johnson, if necessary). I wouldn't be surprised to see the Browns empty the playbook in this game; reverses, Jarvis throwing the bomb, hook-n-ladder, fumblerooski. Everything should be on the table, except for that ridiculous shovel pass that Freddie loved so much. I also hope our sideline is on the refs about watching for Steeler receivers pushing off and their famous (and never flagged) pick plays. (When the Steelers do it, its a "rub route" ... yeah, riiight.)

I'm totally convinced Stefanski called/played last weeks game with the desire to keep all of our wrinkles and more exotic plays held back for today. Pit's gonna be ready for some of that schtick - but I hope there is something in the cupboard when we need it most.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
They expect us to come out running so I would come out passing. Quick slants, a screen, short passes to Hunt and Chubb etc. That, if successful should open things up. It would be great to win and show them we're not the "little brother" anymore.

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 01/10/21 11:46 AM.
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Legend
Legend
Dear Phil,

PLEASE reach out to Berea about a position as a Kicking Game Consultant to help teach our Kickers how the world works inside Cleveland Browns Stadium.

Thanks,
Every Browns Fan

p.s. also teach them how to doink the ball THROUGH the bars, not off them. You were the Master!

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Good luck! Hoping for an injury-free game for both sides.

#gmstrong
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: sk8termom
Good luck! Hoping for an injury-free game for both sides.

YOU'RE GOING DOWN TODAY

hope all is well with you!

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
This got me thinking: obviously our last playoff win was against the Patriots in the 94 season

BUT ... when was our last AWAY playoff win??

1968 at Dallas

And before then??

Yikes

The last time the Browns won 2 post season games following a season?

I know the answer,

And Dolphins toast 1972 because they got to be DRUNK to not recognize the Browns Perfect Season!
hmpf years earlier.

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
They expect us to come out running so I would come out passing. Quick slants, a screen, short passes to Hunt and Chubb etc. That, if successful should open things up. It would be great to win and show them we're not the "little brother" anymore.

Problem is I've seen this recipe lose so many times.
I'd rather they just play football!

(So many year of looking at losses saying, they gave up on the run.)

Run Everybody, Run everybody right at em.
Give the ball to Sheldon Richarson up the middle, and Kendall Lamm too!

Metcalf up the middle! Baker up the middle!
freakin, Cody Parkey up the middle!
Every! Suited up! Player!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 48 Steelers 37 Browns will only win this next playoff game If

Link Copied to Clipboard