Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
Isn't Hughlett a captain this week? So cool! Have always loved that sig! thumbsup

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Isn't Hughlett a captain this week? So cool! Have always loved that sig! thumbsup

Stefanski said Hughlett, Baker, and Garrett are the three captains for all the games going forward (as they were last week).

Legend
Legend
OMG, the Holy Trinity!!

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
"Mercy Me"

Hah, that same song ran through my head as well. wink

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
This is a chance to show everyone how good our O is. Everyone got to see some of it against the Steelers but now we have everyone back with the exception of OBJ. I hope we match KC point for point +1. smile

They better hope they can match us point for point, according to this from ESPN.

Impressive.

I think the thing that concerns me is that we have been held under 20 like 4 or 5 times, it's only happened to the Chiefs once.

All of those stats are great and over the seasons the Chiefs only average 4 more ppg than we do but our offense seems to be a lot more boom or bust while they have been much more consistent.

yebat' Putin
M
Legend
Legend
M
Being held under 20 is a good angle as well. But you can throw out the first game of the year for the Browns, and personally I think the Jets game with our starting WR's out plus key OL.

I don't believe KC has a D that will stop the offense as it is currently firing on all cylinders. . . unless we come out uber flat like we did against the Raiders.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
3 of those games were horrible weather condition games, too.

T
Legend
Legend
T
I can't see the espn box of stats and that is probably a good thing because espn.

The Playoff bracket is like a car race, all you can do is have the best car but there is a lot of chance into who comes out in front.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

I think the thing that concerns me is that we have been held under 20 like 4 or 5 times, it's only happened to the Chiefs once.

All of those stats are great and over the seasons the Chiefs only average 4 more ppg than we do but our offense seems to be a lot more boom or bust while they have been much more consistent.

As it probably should be. They are rather well established and polished at this point, and we've been growing into who we are as we go. Add in those three weather games, and it's maybe not so bad as it seems.

What makes it a little harder to picture how we stack up is that we only have two common opponents: Raiders and Ravens. Our Raiders game was the Wind Game... very low scoring by both teams. In their Ravens game, they held the Ravens to fewer points (20), but we scored way more in our 2nd Ravens game. They managed to bottle up Lamar fairly well and he ran for under 100 and passed for under 100. Offensively, we carved the Ravens up just as much as they did, just differently.

In the end, I don't know that there is much to take away from any of this except that our offense is very capable - perhaps every bit as capable as theirs, and the Raiders were able to beat them early in the season before anyone was resting anybody and every game still mattered completely.

The Raiders totally OWNED Time of Possession in that game. The Chiefs allowed 3 sacks and punted five times and Mahommes threw one INT.

So, they are far from infallible... and they are subject to all the same issues as the rest of the teams.

Browns is the Browns

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
No one, except Browns fans, are giving us much of a chance to win this one. If we can run the ball and Baker has a great game we can beat KC. GO BROWNS!!

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Quote:
The Raiders totally OWNED Time of Possession in that game. The Chiefs allowed 3 sacks and punted five times and Mahommes threw one INT.

Now that is food for thought!

Legend
Legend
Thanks!

Purp, it's the Three Horsemen of the Apocalypse! Maybe Coach Stefanski can be a 4th.

We need a break or two, but it is not out of the question.

Unleash The Elf! brownie thumbsup

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
Quote:

Now that is food for thought!

In their 2nd Raiders game, they won.
They won Time of Possession, gave up no sacks, still threw one INT, but only punted twice.... and they eeeked out the win with a final of 35-31.

However... in the game the Chiefs won, they scored 35. In the one they lost, they scored only 32.
In the game the Raiders won, they scored 40.

So, the recipe is two fold.... you gotta end a few of their drives, and you MUST be efficient and score with yours, and there isn't a lot of wiggle room there.

Browns is the Browns

B
Legend
Legend
B
The weather isn't going to be much of a issue on Sunday as far as projections are concerned.

Temps mid to low 30's, no rain or snow (6%), winds 14 mph at game start, calming to 6mph by games end.

Browns win a close game. 42-40

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
those under 20 games...again stats but not indicative of the team cause what was the weather like in those under 20. If memory serves me correct.

Early in the season with our team not knowing the System we scored badly against good D. Steeler and Ravens first games for example. Our play with the system just was not rolling yet.

The other games under 20 was in 30+ mph winds and whipping rain/sleet

This isn't a testimony to our inconsistency but just a testimony of a team growing into the systems we have both on Offense as well as Defense.

Why we are not a cinderalla once in a blue moon chance team.

I hope we have our A game and dictate to the Chiefs our game.

I think it will come down to who has success with their running game!

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Yes, there are reasons we can point to for the Browns low scoring games.. some were windy as hell, the Jets Covid game, etc.. I can't say I know what weather conditions the Chiefs played in every week but I assume some weeks were less than favorable.. maybe?

But just with the eye test, our offense can be a bit streaky.. times we get going and times we struggle. There isn't a whole lot of struggle to the Chiefs offense.

I'm certain we have the ability to stay with them and even beat them.. strategy aside, we need what we had against the Steelers, no turnovers, no drive killing penalties, play clean with intensity... and I think we have a decent chance.

yebat' Putin
L
Legend
Legend
L
“we need what we had against the Steelers, no turnovers, no drive killing penalties, play clean with intensity... “

Nailed it.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T

This guy picked up on what Kollman has been saying too...

While mahomes is this world beating QB, his biggest weakness is that the dude like to fade and fade and fade out of the pocket.

THey have so much talent on O that they bail Mahomes out a lot for that... along with his arm being a cannon and having expert mobility, he can get away from things.

But unless he stops this completely, this is great explotiation

Legend
Legend
A lot of what we've all been thinking and saying shows up in there.... keep Mahommes in the pocket (discipline from our DEs), make him feel pressure, play that umbrella to keep things in front and make him dink-dunk.

Mahommes can run, but I don't think he can outrun Myles Garrett... that would be a losing gamble for him, I think.

Beating them is a tall task, but I think we're up for it.... this has the potential to be a REALLY good game.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Hope you are right. Not sure we can out drop Mahomes a bunch. Pound on a few of their best receivers. Make him change his progression. We don't do much denial much, but this might be a game to do that if Ward can hang. People will need to get off their blocks and move better.

Legend
Legend
Say it with me: We are more explosive when we are on. BM may have figured some of this out. fingerscrossed

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Has anyone seen the matchup NFL video on our game against KC? Its a 2:20 minute video. Almost 2 minutes is about KC then at the end , Browns need to score more points and they wont.

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
Yeah, I saw it.
Bugged the hell outta me.

Then, I thought of this: they probably don't have much to say because they don't know the Browns.

Lazy.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend

Ya know. I love it.

Bring it. We don't have a chance. Don't belong on the same field as KC.

All good. I need no affirmation. I have done a great job of convincing myself we are going to win this game.

I already went full Joe Namath.

So frankly anything that the media says; I love it. Because there will be a reckoning.

And I hope they have salad to go along with the crow they will eat.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

In their last two games they squeaked past the Falcons and lost to the Chargers. Often time it's about who peaks at the right time. #believe

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Ya know. I love it.

Bring it. We don't have a chance. Don't belong on the same field as KC.

All good. I need no affirmation. I have done a great job of convincing myself we are going to win this game.

I already went full Joe Namath.

So frankly anything that the media says; I love it. Because there will be a reckoning.

And I hope they have salad to go along with the crow they will eat.

I put my money where my heart is. No points.

Bring on the new jet!

Browns absolutely have a chance and it's because of Baker Mayfield. I will say this again. People do not understand how good he's playing (minus the Jets game). It's top 5ish.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

Nick Chubb has become my all-time favorite football player. His talent, the way he carries himself, his humility. But when 'they' talk about running backs, he's an honorable mention.

I saw that ESPN chart above. Both teams have big offense, but suspect defense. This promises to be a shootout. And of course, our offense relies on the running game.

This is a big stage. There are a bunch of fans who haven't seen Nick. They've heard of him, know his stats. But they haven't seen the man play.

Raise your classes; Here's to Nick Chubb having a huge game on the big stage!

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
M
Legend
Legend
M
I did that last week ... sadly parlayed with Buffalo (W) Saints (W) and .... Ohio Stae (L) !

Have not decided what to do yet this weekend.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
j/c

Nick Chubb has become my all-time favorite football player.

Agreed. Chubb has as much class as he has ability.

If you watch him closely, he is the perfect running back.

Legend
Legend

I don't believe you can be a football fan and not like Nick Chubb.

You can see how his teammates love the guy.

He epitomizes the position of running back.

Unselfish player who cares about one thing - winning the game.

Watching him you just know he is going to take off at some point.

The Browns are the team in this game with the offense.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
j/c

Nick Chubb has become my all-time favorite football player.

Agreed. Chubb has as much class as he has ability.

If you watch him closely, he is the perfect running back.

I voted Nick Chubb for president. Seriously.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Our modern-day Jim Brown.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend

The modern 2021 version.

The Chubbmeister

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
j/c

In their last two games they squeaked past the Falcons and lost to the Chargers. Often time it's about who peaks at the right time. #believe

Don't read too much into that Chargers loss; they rested almost everyone on both sides of the ball.

Which means that Sammy Watkins was injured the game before, as was Edwards-Helaire. So, those guys were pretty beat up.... so, maybe the resting was out of necessity??

Browns is the Browns

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Gameday vs Kansas City Can You Imagine ...

Link Copied to Clipboard