Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
Wasn't sure if this belonged in this forum, or in the other forums, not really football-specific

I will be getting up super early to smoke a pork shoulder. I am going to make pulled pork nachos.

Wife is off, and I will be sending out invites to a few buddies. Not too many Browns fans around here.

I will be consuming large amounts of cannabis and vodka.

how about you guys?

Legend
Legend
Home alone with the wife, but I'll have my brother on messenger, my son on the phone and 2 friends on Zoom. Bombay gin to either celebrate a win or drown my sorrows.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
As with the last game, I will drink one beer every time the Browns score a TD, no more. And eat whatever snacks we have on hand. Chips, cheese & crackers, whatever. If we win I will proceed to triple the amount of beer already consumed.

I will HOPEFULLY watch the game on whatever network has it. Hulu Live kept dropping the network for the Steelers game and I had to watch it on Telemundo. I'm guessing the issue got fixed eventually but we were doing so well I didn't want to jinx anything by switching. The picture was a tad bit blurrier but any Spanish in the graphics was easy enough for any football fan to interpret.

And of course, it is ok to watch on Telemundo because I wouldn't dream of having any audio other than the glorious commentary of JIM DONOVAN & DOUG DIEKEN. This is the audio I've had all season and the reason I can't join the discussions of how horrible the TV announcers are and how they want the Browns and their fans and their fans' parents, children, and grandchildren to fail and die horrible deaths.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn

Cannonball!

S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn

Cannonball!

This is the way.

O
Legend
Legend
O
My dad has just been finishing up his place out near Oxford, OH. He has cable out there, and it's nice and big and conducive to everyone spreading out (I like watching the game, he likes yelling at the TV, my wife likes saying she watched the game even though she doesn't, and my mom really couldn't care less).

I haven't decided what I'm going to make. The stock pot is much more conducive to traveling vs the smoker, so I'll probably try a nice hearty soup recipe.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Probably alone with the wife and youngest son. One of my older sons came over for a few games and jinxed us. He was there for the early Pittsburgh game, the Ravens game and the Jets. We agreed that we'll try this again next year barring a meeting at a parade.

As far as HOW, dude, on my feet. I don't think my ass has hit the chair during a game since the Taxans game got boring. Pacing, yelling, calling out plays and shaming the announcers with my far superior knowledge of the game. wink

And maybe cannabis after the "W".

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
I’ve watched every snap of every game since maybe 1992 with my father and grandfather ... that will continue this weekend

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I’ve watched every snap of every game since maybe 1992 with my father and grandfather ... that will continue this weekend

That's absolutely awesome dude.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I will be home watching the game. I haven't decided on the menu yet but will be going to Kroger tomorrow so I will have decided by then. I no longer drink or smoke weed but I've had far more than my share. Not saying I "never drink", but it's been years.

I DVR every game so I can rewatch whenever I choose.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Every year at this time, I'm letting myself 'dry out' from the holidays, so no delicious beers for me. I've been trying to find a tasty/fun drink that skips the alcohol, but I've always come up empty (I also always try to stay away from sodas).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
E
Legend
Legend
E
I will most likely be at the bar.

No Craps Given
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
With my very elderly father.

Started going to Muni together in the late 70's. With a few exceptions in the '95 season, we've watched every game together in person, on local broadcasts or DirecTV since.

Been to every game against the Cardinals since we moved to AZ many years ago.

Plan to bring over some spicy wings and red potato salad. No booze (had to retire from that quite awhile back).

More for his sake, I hope the Browns continue to defy the odds.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Home alone.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I'll be swearing at the TV by myself. My dog will vacate the room early in the 1st quarter. I'll have a couple beers, and a shot of BV at the end to either celebrate a great win or to toast what was a good season. I've had a taste for a pep-mush pizza, so I'll probably get a pie and a side salad from a local mom 'n pop joint. BTW, when did a small side salad go from being $2.50-$3.00 to $5.95-$6.95? Its mostly lettuce, for crying out loud.

A
Legend
Legend
A
I'll be at home with my wife and probably Sooga. I'll probably be in the garage, as is normal for all but night games.

Just looking ahead here.............we have a congregational meeting on zoom at 11. That'll go til 12-12:30. And also, my family (spread out from here to Columbus, to 3 different cities in Indiana, to Colorado) tries to do a monthly zoom meeting since we can't/didn't get together for Thanksgiving OR Christmas. That's supposed to be at 6:30 pm. I will, obviously, skip that this month.

Food? Probably nothing before or during the game.

After the game? Depends on how the game goes.

Legend
Legend
In my living room.... alone

I will let my son watch with me if he is off but my wife and daughter have to stay up stairs, where they were for the steelers game.

I will also not be watching with either of the dogs. I screamed so much during the Steelers game they both went and hid.

yebat' Putin
A
Legend
Legend
A
Our dog knows when I'm preparing for a game. He dives under the blanket my wife has on her (I keep the living room at 64, so she always has a blanket on)

Sammy the cat though? He gets amped up when the orange hats are on. Shoot, in my office, if I'm watching old games, or just highlights, he sits on my right arm, front legs folded underneath him, and watches with me. Often times, during live games, he'll jump on my shoulder or neck to watch.

Shotgun blasts don't phase him in the least.

Legend
Legend
My little Gabby (my eight nine pound Min Pin) gets her jersey on, get's keyed up, and barks on every big play, right along with us. She gets little mini bones every time we score. This has resulted in the ^ adjustment above as she has gained a little weight with all the scoring this year lol.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
It'll be just me and my blushing bride of 37 years.

We'll do 3-4 appetizers. Haven't yet decided on which. I'll keep Mozart and Maxwells dog treats within arms reach. I'll start my daily 8-12 hits off my "tobacco pipe" rofl earlier(11a-ish). No alcohol......been clean for more than a few years.

I've seen every game since the earlyearly 60's. Even the blackout games of the early-early 90's??? Bar off of State Rd and 480 pirated it. Even "on duty cops were there watching it. rofl

Back in the early 60's and me at 4-5 years old it was on grandma and grandpa's B&W followed by grandma's spaghetti, italian sausage and meatball + salad dinner. Dad always asked me "what team I wanted"? I always picked the black jerseys....thought they looked tougher. Browns always/99% of the time wore white.

On a side note, I'll be thinking of my father who passed away in 73 in his mid 30's. A "BigBig" fan he was(season tickets), etc.

Rest assured, he'll be closely watching the game as much as anyone here. thumbsup

So, we got that goin for us!!! rofl

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
With the game on at noon rather than 10, I'll probably order a pizza and watch the game. Will likely be texting with family in CLE and a few local non-Browns fans that are excited the Browns or doing well.

B
Legend
Legend
B
As with any games on local television, I will watch at home.

As for eats...I don't know, maybe slow cook a pot roast.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Rookie
Rookie
M
I am really weird and superstitious so only a couple of people I can watch the game with.

My wife, my daughter, my 96 year old grandmother, and my loyal golden retriever Zoe.

Food will be spicy wing dip, fried chicken livers, and pizza from Cameo's in Sandusky, Ohio. I will drive there on Sunday morning from Cleveland to visit with the biggest fan I know and got me hooked for life, being my grandmother.

It know it sounds like a weird menu but my grandmother is 96 and in a nursing home and loves Fried Chicken Livers and would always make them for me as a kid. We would sit and talk Cleveland sports etc. She is so excited I am coming to see her and keeps telling me "they are going to win just believe me"! Unfortunately the nursing home staff will have to the chicken livers to her as I will only be able to say GO BROWNS thru her outside window frown

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum How are YOU watching the game sunday?

Link Copied to Clipboard