Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Online
Legend
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3071...l-another-upset

Though he won't be on the field for Sunday's AFC divisional showdown in Kansas City, wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. hinted he thinks his Cleveland Browns could upset the defending Super Bowl champion Chiefs.

Beckham Jr., who's been out since Week 7 because of a season-ending knee injury, isn't the only NFL receiver who's weigh in on this matchup. After Cleveland knocked Pittsburgh out of the playoffs, Steelers rookie receiver Chase Claypool taunted that he thought the Browns would get "clapped" by Patrick Mahomes . And the night of Cleveland's impressive win in Pittsburgh, a Chiefs fan tweeted to Kansas City wideout Sammy Watkins that "Looks like we got some comp next week."

Watkins didn't exactly agree.

Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield, who took issue with Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster saying before their wild-card game last week that "The Browns is the Browns," didn't seem to mind what Watkins said.

"I have no problem with it to be honest with you because if you do not have confidence, then you are not going to have success," Mayfield said Wednesday. "Those guys have been doing it together for a few years now. They have a ton of confidence in each other. People get mad when you put it out there as your quote-unquote 'bulletin board material,' but I don't have a problem with it. It comes with the nature of this game that you have to be confident and you have to know and believe in yourself."

Meanwhile, this week around Cleveland, billboards have popped up, with the Browns and the city adopting Smith-Schuster's trash-talk as their new playoff slogan.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend

Would not be a surprise in the least.

I have made that clear in other posts.

That is not to say I disrespect the Chiefs. They have a HOF coach, a super young quarterback and they are the defending Champions.

We are and should be the underdawgs.

But I like how we match up. That is because we have for the most part our starters back.

Without Ward, Bitonio, and some of the others. We would not win this game.

But we have our guys back. Kevin is back. They are practicing.

We are coming off a huge momentum builder.

AND we are the underdawgs. This team buys into "nobody gives us a chance." It fits perfectly.

The Chiefs can be beaten. And the Browns have the right stuff to do it.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Why not us?

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
BELIEVELAND!

Legend
Legend
Might as well win it all.

We need to gear the game our way and make every snap count every time that we can. Gut check. Patriots gave them fits, I think. We can do some of that.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Gameday vs Kansas City OBJ: "Don't be surprised ....."

Link Copied to Clipboard