R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Do you take your advice from Q?

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Ummmmm, yeah, anything that the government is giddy for me to do, I'm pretty such I'll do the exact opposite.

Like get vaccines at birth
Save for retirement
Own a home
Wear a seatbelt
Drive a safe/fuel efficient vehicle

Stuff like that?

yebat' Putin
T
Legend
Legend
T
Understandable to think this way.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: JulesDawg
The hospital system I am working with has been excellent also. They set us up for our second vaccine during the 15 minutes they were monitoring us, I immediately received the email with the date and time as I waited there. They are getting huge numbers done. I wish everyone could be as efficient as they have been.

Hopefully they are not going to require an email as this is a dealbreaker and totally unreliable one of the most dangerous things on earth if you listen to the cyber security commercials
which I don't know how anyone can trust the cyber security commericals either because everything they introduce they immediately claim is the most vulnerable thing to cyber attack there ever was,
only to be solved by the next thing they introduce

almost like no one can be sure who is actually doing the attacks,

We know we can Not trust the cyber securities, because 60minutes tells us periodically how the US is so grosly inept in the computer wars vs other, any other country.

plus email never reliably transmits messages, or allows access to see those messages.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I chose voluntary.

I think the reason being, on election day 1976, I, at 19yo, sat with my grandmother 10'-12' outside of the veryvery small Richmond Hts. Hospital emergency room for 15-20 minutes listening to emergency room doctors working on my grandfather yelling....."HANG IN THERE MR. P". "HANG IN THERE MR. P. "HANG IN THERE"......

..........silence.

Dead

Pulmonary Adela. Lungs filled up with fluid.

They attributed it to the swine flu vaccination he received that morning. Every time I hear or read the term "vaccine" I think of that night.

I know it's a psychological thing but.....

Just........Dunno?

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
That's a sad story. I remember how much I cared about my grandparents. It must have been tough on you and your family. Very tough.

Legend
Legend
Sorry to hear that. Losing somebody close to you like that can certainly be traumatic. Just try to be objective, try to weigh the best current science available.

yebat' Putin
J
Legend
Legend
J
Have you received your second one jay or jfanent? Getting my second one Wednesday, just wondering how it went for you guys.

Legend
Legend
I'm due on the 27th. There's a lot of anecdotal evidence that the side effects are worse with the second injection, more incidents of fever, chills and joint aches. People at my facility are just starting the second shots this week I believe. I'll find out soon if this is true.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I’m now circumventing my office and seeking a vaccine outside their direction. It’s absurd that as a frontline worker I’m having to navigate this in my own. Yet here I am. My girlfriend, also a nurse, got her first jab on Sunday. I’m in a queue waiting for a return email with directions...

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
It's stupid, asinine, goofy, and so so disrespectful. I am glad we have folks like you in our country bro.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
That really sucks. I don't know if you have a Kroger pharmacy out that way, but I was able to sign up my elderly mother in law. The county portal said there were no slots available, but I went right to the Kroger pharmacy website and was able to make her appointment. She gets it this week. Given what you do for a living, you should be at the front of anybody's line.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

My mother in law is 82 and lives in a very rural town in Tennessee. She was able to receive her first dose just last week. We were very concerned given her location if it would be available for her. We will rest much easier after after she gets that second dose.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
J
Legend
Legend
J
My mom is getting her first one this evening. I was getting worried because it took so long for them to get back with her. I’m relieved.

I got my second one this morning. My arm is definitely more sore than it was with the first. Other than that, no other side effects yet.

Portland, I’m really sorry you are being let down with the poor management of all this in some areas.

Legend
Legend
Had my first shot yesterday. Slight headache for a few hours then nothing. Woke up this morning with a sore arm. Might have to keep my motorcycle ride to an hour today laugh

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Finally!
I was out seeing patients this morning when my girlfriend called me. She doesn’t call me when she knows I’m with clients. So I knew I needed to answer... she found a vaccine clinic website to get me signed up. She, also a nurse, managed to find one and get jabbed this past Sunday. Ever since she’s been on the search to get me vaccinated too. Today she scored. Big. I was able to sign up for mine at noon tomorrow. I turned my coworkers onto the clinic after I got my appointment lined up. Many of them jumped on it. Over the next few days me and many of my coworkers will finally get their first dose.
A huge relief for me and my teammates. I won’t lie it’s made me a little emotional. This has been the hardest year of my 23 year career. I’m a ‘roll with the punches’ sort of guy, but the underlying stress of all this has been weighty. I feel at least some semblance of hope and relief.
The reality is this virus is likely going to be with us for longer than anyone really wants to admit. But if I can keep my 48 year old self from severe illness I’ll take it as a step in the right direction.
I’d encourage you all to roll up your sleeves when the time comes for you to do your part.
Be safe everyone.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I'm really happy for you. It's a shame you had to wait so long.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Had my first shot yesterday. Slight headache for a few hours then nothing. Woke up this morning with a sore arm. Might have to keep my motorcycle ride to an hour today laugh

My arm was sore as hell for several days after the first one

After second dose my arm was sore for a bit but I was pretty achy and really fatigued the next day... I spent the day resting on the couch... then I was fine...

I have had some employees who had fevers and more severe achiness/fatigue than i had... but overall side effects haven't been too bad

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
In a meeting yesterday, my boss informed us that a lot of people are feverish and achy after the second shot, and to plan accordingly....meaning make sure our work is caught up. He said that the symptoms seem to be peaking late in the day, the next day after getting the injection. There are only 3 people in my department and 2 of us are getting our 2nd shots Wednesday.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Well I have a sore arm for sure. More than any other vaccine/shot I’ve ever gotten. It’s not unbearable but it’s certainly tender.
Last night I dealt with insomnia. I can’t say that it’s related as I deal with insomnia all too often. I had to get up and take a half an Ambien last night. That did the trick though I only slept for about 5 hours before woke up feeling wide awake. The Ambien only ‘fools’ me into falling asleep, it doesn’t always keep me there. Hopefully tonight is better. It often comes in 2-3 night waves. Again likely not related to my vaccine... though it is the arm/side I sleep on and I certainly felt the ache in my deltoid more when I laid on it to try to sleep. So, slightly related??

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
The more you move your arm the quicker the soreness goes away. It's like walking the day after surgery. You know it's going to hurt, but the sooner, and the more you walk the quicker you feel better.

Legend
Legend
One word

Indica

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
One word

Indica

If that's not "Hammer Meets Nail" then I don't know what is.

Legend
Legend
I received the 2nd vaccine yesterday morning at 9:30. Other than a very sore arm until bedtime at 11pm, I had no side effects. I woke up around 1 and couldn't get back to sleep until 5:00. I didn't really have any issues except the arm, but couldn't nod back off. I finally went back to sleep until the alarm went off at 6:15, awoke freezing my butt off under the comforter. That never happens. I feel like I haven't slept in days, my joints are aching, my heads foggy and it feels exactly like having the flu. Work's going to be a hoot. Luckily I can wear this hoody and skullcap for the chills.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
One thing I also learned yesterday.....do NOT take ibuprofen or other ANSAIDS as a preventive measure for side effects. It greatly decreases the efficacy of the injection by blocking the immune response to it. I'm surprised this isn't being publicized more.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
My second dose unfortunately happens to fall on the day I leave for a weekend trip to the Oregon coast. My 10 year anniversary with my girlfriend. I’m hoping any side effects don’t mess up our weekend plans. I’m not typically one to get side effects to stuff but knowing my luck....

[Linked Image]
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Update: My girlfriend managed to grab another appointment for her next vaccine. Unfortunately it’ll be 31 days after her first. Not the 21 recommended by Pfizer. I’ve been doing some reading. While not ideal, it seems there’s a 5 to 6 week window that you really have to avoid going past to get any real overlapping effect of the two doses. Past that threshold there doesn’t appear to be the ability for the two doses to ‘interact’ and compound their strength. So while not the desired span, she’ll at least be within that larger window.

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: TTTDawg
I chose voluntary.

I think the reason being, on election day 1976, I, at 19yo, sat with my grandmother 10'-12' outside of the veryvery small Richmond Hts. Hospital emergency room for 15-20 minutes listening to emergency room doctors working on my grandfather yelling....."HANG IN THERE MR. P". "HANG IN THERE MR. P. "HANG IN THERE"......

..........silence.

Dead

Pulmonary Adela. Lungs filled up with fluid.

They attributed it to the swine flu vaccination he received that morning. Every time I hear or read the term "vaccine" I think of that night.

I know it's a psychological thing but.....

Just........Dunno?

So the "2nd" shot,
Remember all the side effects that were discussed somewhere on DT about 6 weeks ago being touted in some foreign land of problems from this shot
Just heard the anecdote including these match to match troubles with side effects.

Cold feeling, Fever, severe headache, pain in arm of shot, and teeth chattering.

apparently, - more than a couple people are going to the hospital from side effects of the "2nd" covid shot,
but don't expect fake news to keep anyone honed up on this nightmare.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
My second dose unfortunately happens to fall on the day I leave for a weekend trip to the Oregon coast. My 10 year anniversary with my girlfriend. I’m hoping any side effects don’t mess up our weekend plans. I’m not typically one to get side effects to stuff but knowing my luck....

This is just one person's experience, but make sure to take som ES Tylenol on your trip. I took some about the same time I posted yesterday and the symptoms decreased by at least 75% and I was getting thru work without a problem. About 4 hrs later, the symptoms came back with a vengeance. I took my lunch at that time and took some Ibuprofen after reading that it was ok to take after receiving the injection. By the time lunchtime was over, I was feeling pretty good. Outside of being tired and the sore arm, I've been pretty much back to normal since. I slept like a baby last night. My co worker that took the injection on the same day (though she took it late in the afternoon) was just starting to feel crappy at the end of the day. She's in her 40's and took some ES Tylenol earlier in the day when she saw how I was doing. I'm off today so I don't know how she fared last night.

One thing I'd like to add is that Tylenol rarely does anything for me when I take it for a headache or other pain. It was very effective with these side effects.

I wonder how Jules did with the second injection? Her last post was on the day she received it.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
J
Legend
Legend
J
I had the same issues that I did with the first one, sore arm and fatigue, only with the second dose I would say it doubled the effect. I worked the next day, but I was really dragging in the afternoon. I was still tired the second day after, but drove 5 hours to home without any issue.

I feel so blessed to have received such early access to the vaccine. I’m hoping the process speeds up for everyone.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yay or nay, gotta fit in this thread somewhere..... thumbsup

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Well I have a sore arm for sure. More than any other vaccine/shot I’ve ever gotten. It’s not unbearable but it’s certainly tender.
Last night I dealt with insomnia. I can’t say that it’s related as I deal with insomnia all too often. I had to get up and take a half an Ambien last night. That did the trick though I only slept for about 5 hours before woke up feeling wide awake. The Ambien only ‘fools’ me into falling asleep, it doesn’t always keep me there. Hopefully tonight is better. It often comes in 2-3 night waves. Again likely not related to my vaccine... though it is the arm/side I sleep on and I certainly felt the ache in my deltoid more when I laid on it to try to sleep. So, slightly related??

Sorry to hear about the insomnia. I have always been one who woke early. Wait until you are 60-70 years old. With an inevitable enlarging prostrate, you won't get much sleep at all. If I want to get 6-7 hours total sleep, I have to go to bed around 7pm because I wake up about every 2 hours, and once I do around 3:30am, there is no falling back asleep, or rarely. Going to bed at 10pm does no good. I still wake up around 3:30...that's the time I got up for years when working. The internal clock has been set.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I got my first shot on Monday and had no issues. I lucked into the shot by being at the local VA for an eye exam. They told me I could sign up for a shot since I was 50+. I asked and there were available shots since it was late in the day. I guess they have no shows each day.

I'm sharing for my fellow vets who are looking for shots.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
WOOHOO One step closer to being able to meet up again cool

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk K-9 Consensus Covid Vaccine: Mandatory or Voluntary?

Link Copied to Clipboard