Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Legend
Legend
O
When that whole fumble-touchback thing unfolded, I immediately thought about Hunt's diving score in final regular season Pitt game, I think (maybe it was the Jets game). Almost same play (hit as he was diving/reaching into the endzone), but Hunt had that extra half step before he went airborne and pretty much had the ball breaking the plane before he got hit while Higgins didn't. Literally split second difference between two VERY different play results.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I know we lost Wills, but did we also lose Lamm?

Yes, a guy named Blake played most of the second half I believe.
I commented earlier in this thread that I will always remember Blake Hance. In the Wildcard game, Bitonio was out and was replaced by Micheal Dunn. As a backup, they signed Blake Hance off the Giants practice squad. (Baker remarked that he met Blake for the first time in the locker room before the game.) When Dunn left the game with injury, Hance replaced Dunn without affecting the overall performance of the OL.

In the Chiefs game, Wills was injured early, replaced by Lamm, who subsequently was injured early in the 2nd half. Again, Hance stepped in without any drop off in OL performance. In fact, Baldy's Breakdown singled out Hance at least twice in his clip about the Browns OL after the last game.

I say again, I will remember Blake Hance for his performance in both games.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend
Agreed ... I think he did a more than admirable job. And I liked what I saw from Dunn too. OL depth is a definite strength

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T

Too bad his name's not "Sue."

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Yes, plus we get Forbes back.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
It wasn't so much that Higgins fumbled the ball because he was hit hard in the Helmet it was the penalty not being called. Without that hit to the head he may not have fumbled. Odds are with the penalty called we would have scored a TD. That non-call changed everything at that point. Also, and I said it before, we should never have allowed Henne to scramble like that at the end. I was yelling at the TV get him where are our guys. Inexcusable!!!!

Legend
Legend
So, if the helmet-to-helmet call was made, what was the result of that play?

Seems to me, the fumble through the end zone would still result in the turnover and KC would just be penalized half-the-distance... They would still have the ball at the 10. Am I missing something?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
The hit occurred during the play before the fumble. I'm pretty sure we would maintain possession.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: FATE

Seems to me, the fumble through the end zone would still result in the turnover and KC would just be penalized half-the-distance... They would still have the ball at the 10. Am I missing something?

Half the distance to the goal from the spot of the foul. Browns ball first and goal.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
D
Legend
Legend
D
I believe if the spearing penalty had been called it would have been the Browns ball, 1st down with the ball half the distance from the prior spot. Penalty call negates the fumble, and its resulting turnover to KC.

Edit: In other words - what I *think* is if the Browns accept the penalty (which they would have), the catch and the fumble never happened.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg
Originally Posted By: FATE

Half the distance to the goal from the spot of the foul. Browns ball first and goal.

Bingo.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain

I commented earlier in this thread that I will always remember Blake Hance. In the Wildcard game, Bitonio was out and was replaced by Micheal Dunn. As a backup, they signed Blake Hance off the Giants practice squad. (Baker remarked that he met Blake for the first time in the locker room before the game.) When Dunn left the game with injury, Hance replaced Dunn without affecting the overall performance of the OL.

In the Chiefs game, Wills was injured early, replaced by Lamm, who subsequently was injured early in the 2nd half. Again, Hance stepped in without any drop off in OL performance. In fact, Baldy's Breakdown singled out Hance at least twice in his clip about the Browns OL after the last game.

I say again, I will remember Blake Hance for his performance in both games.

I'm not sure if you know this but I didn't just make up the expression "a guy named Blake".. it trended on Twitter (#aguynamedblake) for a while after the Steelers game because of Baker Mayfields postgame comments where he said:

“We had Michael Dunn step in at left guard for Joel Bitonio, and then Michael [Dunn] got hurt, and then a guy named Blake that I introduced myself to literally in the locker room before the game stepped up in the fourth quarter.”

So if he sticks around, and I hope he does, you will hear him referred to that in the future.

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I did know that, and recognized it in your post. I was just adding more details...filling in the blanks.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Gameday vs Kansas City Post game thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard