Next Thread
Print Thread
#1843487 01/18/21 06:56 PM
T
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
T
They just fired the coach, lost two recruits, and stud LT transferred to OU. Aren't the Haslam's deeply involved with this team?

Legend
Legend
That program has been a mess .. and it’s getting worse

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
That program has been a mess .. and it’s getting worse

No wonder fulmer retired... hasn't been the same since 98...

<><

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
They just fired the coach, lost two recruits, and stud LT transferred to OU. Aren't the Haslam's deeply involved with this team?

LOl....it's Haslams fault.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
I believe they're boosters.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
We get a heavy dose of what's going on with the Vols down here. It is a huge mess. I think a lot of this goes on in college sports around the country. There's just too much money involved in it for there not to be.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
T
Ha, Tennessee was handing cash out to recruits in McDonalds sacks. I'm hearing Georgia may next in line. Fat PHil gonna bring down the SEC.

T
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
T
Tennessee goes with Josh Heupel for HC. Good luck Josh.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
Tennessee goes with Josh Heupel for HC. Good luck Josh.
ehhh, not inspiring for either side lol

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
With them being under investigation and with sanctions likely coming, I expected the talent pool at HC to be limited.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
With them being under investigation and with sanctions likely coming, I expected the talent pool at HC to be limited.

Could be, but they got a very good AD IMO, so maybe sanctions won't be killer.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't see how they won't be. I mean Tennessee is in the SEC and have done terrible the last few years. If they're not what one would consider already dead they're certainly on life support. At this point there's not much left to do but nail down the lid to the coffin and I'm pretty sure sanctions would accomplish that.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
As a UCF fan, losing our AD definitely hurt a lot more than the coach.

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
E
Legend
Legend
E
Teams survive. None hit harder by sanctions than SMU took them like 2 decades to get their act together. And Tennessee has little competition in their state. NCAA has to be careful not to cripple an entire State.

Jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: eotab
Teams survive. None hit harder by sanctions than SMU took them like 2 decades to get their act together. And Tennessee has little competition in their state. NCAA has to be careful not to cripple an entire State.

Jmho

It wouldn't cripple the whole state. The Vols are big in the state, but so are a lot of other teams. Tennessee is a unique state. It shares a border with 8 other states. Add in that it is a narrow state north to south, a person, no matter where in the state they live doesn't have to drive over maybe 50 miles to be in at least one of those other states. Here in Chattanooga, the local TV stations are considered the local stations in cities in N. Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted By: eotab

Jmho

The Death Penalty. I don't see how Tennessee isn't in the same class as SMU, but whatever. A ban from bowl AND TV appearances is also a crippler, but I don't expect that either. It will boil down to schollies.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Tennessee Vols are a mess

Link Copied to Clipboard