Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
TTTDawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Didn't know about Wests addiction.. Good to see Mark Cuban helping him out.

Sorry. Had no success copy and pasting the article. Good read.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...ING-FLUIDS.html

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Hope he gets the help he needs. Still feel for him after all the nasty rumors that popped up about him towards the end of his tenure in Cleveland.

S
Legend
Legend
S
After seeing the 30 for 30 "Broke", there's no doubt that West probably lost a lot of his money helping people close to him, and shame on them for doing nothing to help him when he needed it the most.

I really hope he can turn himself around

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
After seeing the 30 for 30 "Broke", there's no doubt that West probably lost a lot of his money helping people close to him, and shame on them for doing nothing to help him when he needed it the most.

I really hope he can turn himself around

I'm amazed at how many professional athletes go broke...

hope Delonte finds help

<><

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
WTH is embalming fluid doing for somebody? I never heard of this. Is it a drug or what.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Delonte has battled mental health issues for a long, long time. He deserves our sympathy and prayers.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty
WTH is embalming fluid doing for somebody? I never heard of this. Is it a drug or what.

It's called "wet". Marijuana soaked in formaldehyde. It intensifies the effects of the pot. Some people who smoke this become violent, psychotic and dilirious. It also can cause serious lung damage.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
It never ceases to amaze me what people will do to escape whatever problems they have. It is really sad to see how some people will endeavor to destroy themselves over temporary problems.

I hope he gets the help he so obviously needs, and I hope he uses that help to get straightened out.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty

It's called "wet". Marijuana soaked in formaldehyde. It intensifies the effects of the pot. Some people who smoke this become violent, psychotic and dilirious. It also can cause serious lung damage.

Yeah, that stuff would make an appearance occasionally in the mid-eighties, under the name "Monkey Paw". Never tried it.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
TTTDawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
There's a photo(twitter) in the link. Couldn't get it to post to the thread.

Mark Cuban shares photo of Delonte
West's 'first steps' on road to recovery.
Cassandra Negley

Fri, October 9, 2020, 2:54 PM EDT·2 mins read
Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban personally picked up former Delonte West last month to help the former NBA player after he was spotted panhandling. Now he’s sharing the “first steps” in West’s journey back to his family and through a rehabilitation program.

Cuban shared a photo Friday on Twitter showing West horseback riding and noted that there’s a long way to go “but he has taken the first steps and shared these with all of us as a thank you for the love and support.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/mavericks-mark-...-185458605.html

Legend
Legend
Is there a gateway for this? HOW do you stumble into this addiction? Really troubling to figure this one out.

Hope Cuban helps. Good help.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Thanks for the explanation. IDNKT. Sounds really rotten to me.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
TTTDawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Good to hear......

Delonte West working at drug rehab center he attended, source says

Jan 19, 2021
ESPN

Delonte West is now working at the drug rehabilitation center in Florida that he attended after Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban helped the former homeless NBA player get his life back on track, a source confirmed to ESPN.

West was treated at the Rebound therapy center in Florida. Cuban picked West up at a gas station last September after pictures circulated of him panhandling at an intersection in Dallas. Cuban also helped West to reconnect with his mother.

Cuban is among several people involved in the NBA who in recent years have been attempting to help West, who publicly discussed his diagnosis of bipolar disorder during his NBA career.

West, 37, averaged 9.7 points and 3.6 assists per game over eight NBA seasons while playing for Boston Celtics, Seattle SuperSonics, Cleveland Cavaliers and Mavericks. He last played in 2011-12, with Dallas.

The news of West's employment was first reported by The Athletic.

ESPN's Tim MacMahon contributed to this report.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/3074...ded-source-says

E
Legend
Legend
E
Good for him. Love to hear a recovery story like this.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
It's an uplifting story yet very sad at the same time... Glad for West but he is one of the very few who knows a billionaire willing to help him.. most of the rest just suffer in anonymity until they die alone.

yebat' Putin
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Delonte West Homeless and Addicted to Embalming Fluids

Link Copied to Clipboard