Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Legend
Legend
B
He probably did. I have already said he was excellent at talent evaluation.

He just isn't GM material unless a GM does nothing but evaluate players. Fans around here probably should have learned that with Phil Savage.

Some GM's want the power and title, but they don't want the other parts of the job.

But that is another thread from days past. The Eagles, now the Lions have a very good evaluator in the house. We can leave it at that.

I wish him well.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Just admit it, Sashi gave you a Chubb.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Draft picks don't mean a thing if you keep drafting crappy players.

If you love Baker, thank John Dorsey. You love Chubb? Thank John Dorsey.

What makes you think I must be a fan the way you want me to be. When you got the amount of picks he had again he did a good job but I think many could have. I didn't Diss him I said as time passed by I was less impressed with the results of his build up and even explained where. But I must think, react, and be a fan under your guidelines ONLY...pfft.

Who says I haven't thanked Dorsey for Baker and Chubb.

I did so at the time...btw did you? Nah you were one of the experts who said Baker wasn't worth the overall #1 pick and was not our Franchise QB.

Overall #1 Mayfield and #4 Ward and then two early 2nd rounders one a bust the other Chubb...but after that not much and quite frankly you should not bust on the first pick of the 2nd round.

Similarly in 2017 with Berry running the draft.
Overall #1 Garrett and #25 Peppers, #29 Njoku a bust in #52 Kizer but I think that was a Hue Jackson pick.

But we did hit on LARRY O

My point is I liked Dorsey and gave him credit for making changes for this team in a good build up but as far as draft goes it was a combo of the 2017 and 2018 draft that got us where we are today. 2019 was not a good draft for us.

2020 was pretty good.
JMHO if I'm allowed to have it. If not please write all my posts in the future - Seig Heil oh commadant tongue

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Funny, yesterday I read where the Lions hired him... I'm confused

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

Eagles GM Howie Roseman mentioned analytics in a FO meeting and Dorsey ran for the hills.

Tackles are tackles.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

Well, you are confused(a joke) but no, the Lions did hire him. That is why I mentioned them in my last post.

It was nearly a back to back thing, so it was easy to get the wires crossed.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Just admit it, Sashi gave you a Chubb.

I don't follow the NBA. What's a Sashi? wink

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Wah.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
If you love/d Freddie Kitchens, thank John Dorsey.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Hammer
If you love/d Freddie Kitchens, thank John Dorsey.
haha yeah, he made some great moves and some bad ones

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Yo John Boy, get Hank some help at RG, and RT.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Wah.

The sum of your football input..typical reaction when you don't have a leg to stand on. You just are bored and must attack posters and I'm not the only one. [censored] on a Bull Hog...about equals your usefullness...smh

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
T
Legend
Legend
T
A freep story title doesn't tell me anything.

Is this a link to the story of the Eagles hiring some guy as a head coach,

and the pundits on and on about working with wentz.

Oh my freaking Gosh!

The only Guy the Eagles need to hire, is anyone with the Guts! to Fire Wentz!

Wentz sucks! as a Qb, and he's not going to get better and anyone who can find him knows the difference between a lead and a hole in the ground.

-cough- kind of, lapsed into Nathan Arizona in the middle of that rant again.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: eotab
Wah.

The sum of your football input..typical reaction when you don't have a leg to stand on. You just are bored and must attack posters and I'm not the only one. [censored] on a Bull Hog...about equals your usefullness...smh

And that was useful. Just more whining and name calling from the one who can't seem to control himself. Keep ranting. And don't forget to yell at the neighbor kids to stay off your lawn.

I've wasted more of my time on you than you deserve. That's why all you got yesterday was a "Wah". Because that's about all the time you're worth.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
There you go again...

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
A
Legend
Legend
A
And yet, YOU are the one that stated he was "locked and loaded".

DHS may find that interesting?

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M

No doubt, the core of the Browns offense centers around the players that Dorsey drafted. Dorsey didn't do such a bad job for Andy Reid and KC either.

IMO, not much doubt why Dorsey was hired by the Lions..they hope he can work his magic one more time.

Last edited by mac; 01/28/21 09:39 AM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
E
Legend
Legend
E
I know you are but what am I...

You came on and attacked and then when causing a reaction you act like I came on the board and just attacked you for no reason. Really, Lie much. smh done with you. Just will talk football which I get it, you are incapable of communicating football so you instead lash out and hope to cause an insulting based argument your specialty.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

P
Legend
Legend
P
Mmmmm hmmmm....

rofl

This is what you call an attack?

Quote:

Now you're just making crap up. That's not an attack just in case you need someone to explain it to you. Which you obviously do.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
My last post to you on this cause I will give you a chance to post honorably.

You posted telling me HOW I MUST perceive John Dorsey, also insinuating that I was somehow disregarding his positives.

You just got it wrong and when I posted my thoughts and how I did not like for you to tell me how I must "THINK" "REACT" in a Fascist fashion.

Your reaction to just annoy me further was "WAH" as if I was crying (where the major insult came from) but instead of just telling the truth you quote a portion of the discussion and pose that as proof of innocence in your conduct. Yes, you did attack, yes you did incite a argument. And then you got the Gaul to say WHO ME???? and then point the finger to me as the instigator. You have no Honor and you do it to more than just me. Something is wrong with you. I don't know what but I think it is how you debate or discuss. Cause your football is bad so instead you use an attack in a sly way where when an obvious reaction occurs you quickly point your finger and cry "FIRE". I think its cowardly but you have the freedom to do what you want. You know exactly what you are doing and you do it just under the radar so that you don't get bounced. I just wish your football discussion capabilities would be as good as your diguised insults. Later, feel free to talk football with me not this crapola that some how turns you on.

btw, can somebody tell me how I can IGNORE a poster, its a shame but I just don't have the strength to waste my time arguing to somebody so immature. Pitt, you will be the only person I will have on ignore but you add nothing to discussion but "AGGRAVASION" which I don't wish to waste my life what ever is left on that. So how do I ignore a poster???

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

E
Legend
Legend
E
DONE...found out how and it was easy.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm glad you think that Chubb, Baker and Hunt just appeared in a puff of smoke on the Browns.

You have a rough time comprehending English don't you? I simply said if yoy like these players, thank John Dorsey. John Dorsey WAS the GM who drafted them.

That has nothing to do with how you feel about John Dorsey. Just that you should be smart enough to give credit where credit is due. But you won't. You would rather make a federal issue over it, live in denial and blame someone else for your shortcomings.

#gmstrong
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
I stated before that JD is a very good talent evaluator. Saying that, he did have a ton of draft capital and cap space when he took over, and he also had the final third of the previous season to evaluate the current Browns players. Soon after he made his famous "we need to get Hue some real players" comment. I think that was poor form even if it was true as that was a not a public that would . We obviously had a few good "real players", because some remain on the roster as some are pro bowlers.

He also had his share of "gut instinct" & evaluations of 2-5 round players who did not pan out, not that every draft executive doesn't.

Posters who love his performance here ironically compare him to past Browns' GMs to show his worth, which since posters consider past GMs nearly incompetent, thus it is not really a high bar for comparison.

Obviously the roster was stronger when he left as it was in KC, so two organizations have chosen to move on from him regardless of his talent evaluation abilities.

I also have never considered the GM just a talent evaluations position, I would guess that would be head of scouting or player acquisition etc.

The GM is also responsible for team culture, management organization, and cap among other things.

I also have never understood the posters who keep bringing up FO people who have Ivy League educations as some sort of handicap. I would guess intelligence would be a valuable asset to any organization .

Just my opinion, as it is every poster's but I would love to have the JD talent evaluation person and leave rest of his "traits" to another team but we all know that is impossible.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Dorsey had a LOT to do with the Browns becoming relevant again. Don't think so? Then let's cut every player he brought in or drafted. Starting with Baker and Chubb. Then we can get rid of Landry and Hunt. I could go on. Was he perfect? No. There is no GM that is perfect. But he did a pretty damned good job while he was here and we owe him a big thanks for helping us get back to being an actual football team again. The Chiefs owe him a big thank you too. He had a lot to do with the Chief's return to glory. I thought the Lions should have BEGGED him to become their GM. The Falcons too. There are a lot of teams that have lousy front offices that would greatly improve bringing in Dorsey. His mistake here in Cleveland was the coaching hire. It was his first. Ever. Hell, we don't even know if he might be good at it. Failing on your first try isn't always an indicator of inability at something. In hindsight, he should have listened to everyone else and hired Stefanski. If he had, he would still be the Browns GM right now. Still, we should all be very thankful he was our GM for those two years and did such a good job bringing in talent. Some seem to forget just how BAD our GM's have been before he came here. So THANK YOU Mr. Dorsey! I wish you much success wherever you end up.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I like the Berry/Stefanski combo much better than a Dorsey/Stefanski combo, so I am thankful that JD hired Freddie which proved his undoing.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
J/C

Do you thank John Dorsey for the great picks he made, or do you thank John Dorsey for not screwing it up past the point of no return?

Baker was going to be the #1 pick regardless who had it.

Why do we overlook the Corbett pick? And if he ends up being terrific, why did he trade him away in his second year?

It was said Dorsey wanted Rashaad Penny, but the Seahawks took him before we had the chance.

If Chubb was such a great pick, why was he selected 35th and not 33rd?

He overpaid Landry. I get people want to dispute that because they like him.

He traded away a 1st, a starting guard and safety for OBJ and Vernon. How's that working out? Before anyone answers don't forget fans have always been critical of Vernon. And people think OBJ is the reason Baker had preformed poorly. Are you one of them?

He retained Hue. He hired Kitchens.

Imagine if he kept Zane Gonzalez and didn't have to draft Seibert (who is no longer with the team).

Yes, there were great moves by Dorsey and some very awful ones.

Had we not gotten rid of Dorsey when we did we could have become what the Texans are today.

Thank you Jimmy. Thank you Paul.

Last edited by devicedawg; 01/31/21 09:41 AM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Hiring and wanting to keep Kitchens was his biggest downfall.

The marriage between Baker and our OL/RBs and Stefanski is the perfect combo

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Eagles hire John Dorsey

Link Copied to Clipboard