Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
TTTDawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Ex-NFL Tight End Kellen Winslow 2nd Facing 14 Years in Prison in New Plea
The former NFL player previously faced a range of 12 to 18 years in state prison stemming from a 2019 trial

By City News Service • Published 6 hours ago • Updated 4 hours ago

Ex-NFL tight end Kellen Winslow II, who committed sexual offenses against five women in Northern San Diego County, will be sentenced to 14 years in state prison next month following a modification made Friday to his original guilty plea.

The 37-year-old son of former San Diego Chargers legend Kellen Winslow previously faced a range of 12 to 18 years in state prison stemming from a 2019 trial, plus guilty pleas to other counts.

On Friday, a prior plea Winslow made to a sexual battery count involving one of the victims was changed to a guilty plea to assault with intent to commit rape.

Sentencing for Winslow, who initially faced life in prison on the original charges, is slated for March 3.

Kellen Winslow Jr.'s defense team plans to argue that brain injury from his football career played a role in his actions. NBC 7's Artie Ojeda has the story.

In his trial, a Vista jury convicted Winslow of raping a 58-year-old homeless woman -- Jane Doe 2 -- in May 2018, exposing himself later that month to Jane Doe 3, who was gardening in her front yard in Cardiff, and touching himself in front of a 77-year-old woman -- Jane Doe 5 -- at a Carlsbad gym in February of 2019. The Carlsbad incident occurred after Winslow was arrested, charged and released on bail.

That jury could not reach a consensus on whether Winslow raped a hitchhiker in 2018 -- Jane Doe 1 -- or a 17-year-old girl -- Jane Doe 4 -- at a Scripps Ranch house party in 2003.

He was set to go to a second trial on counts involving Jane Does 1 and 4, but pleaded guilty to rape and sexual battery counts connected to those victims on the day trial was set to begin.

Mistrial Declared in Kellen Winslow Jr's Rape Trial
A mistrial has been declared in the sexual assault trial of former NFL player Kellen Winslow Jr.
Deputy District Attorney Dan Owens said at trial that none of the five women knew each other, yet their accounts yielded common details and similar physical descriptions of the suspect.

Winslow's attorneys told jurors that the charged incidents were either consensual or never occurred at all.

Winslow II grew up in San Diego and attended Patrick Henry and Scripps Ranch high schools before heading to the University of Miami. He played for four NFL teams between 2004 and 2013.

Copyright CNS - City News Service
https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/e...w-plea/2526550/

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Money, Success, not even education can buy self control.
Going after someone who is minding their own business is even worse in my opinion.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
So glad I have this guy's autograph...

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I'm glad he looked at me like I had the Plague and refused to shake my hand. thumbsup

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
What a complete waste of talent..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
T
Legend
Legend
T
On Another thought, if a brain injury actually caused him to do this without any ability to not, then brain injury is a heck of a thing.

(Anyone ever see the t.v. show "I'm with Busey", (Gary Busey), all he had was a lobotomy, and watching some of that was scary.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Was your comment in regards to Winslow?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
JC

Sorry to hear. Not that I am sticking up for the guy, it's just a shame he put himself in this position. Now he gets 12-14 years.

Assuming he is a good actor in prison, he will serve around 60% of his time, so 8+ years if it's 14 years.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think it's far more sad he put those women in that position. As such he deserves everything he got and then some.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
As usual, you don't understand what I said.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Not that I am sticking up for the guy, it's just a shame he put himself in this position. Now he gets 12-14 years.

Maybe I don't. People do terrible things. The people who are the victims endure the punishment. While he did terrible things the last thing that enters my mind is the terrible position the perpetrator of the crime put themselves into.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Right, but it is a tread about Winslow, so I kept my comments to Winslow. Someone else said something about it being as waste. I said a shame he put himself in that position....I suppose another way of saying what a dumb ass...a shame. He should be ashamed, and now he gets 12-14 to think about it.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Who?

Some day, following the example of the United States of America, there will be a United States of Europe.

George Washington
Legend
Legend
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Thanks for the explanation.

#gmstrong
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I remember being at Harpos in Brookpark on Draft Day and the 2nd they drafted him half the drunken fans were already putting a HOF jacket on him. It was ridiculous.
He slept with several gf/ wifes of his teamates
So Im notice shocked at this.
Maybe he will do a Aaron Hernandez and add to his legend

Legend
Legend
Most NFL players are good people. KW@ and his wife are the exeception. They both are rood, ignorant, and nasty folks. I stood no more than 5 feet away from KW2's wife at practice when she made it clear to everybody within earshot that her husband was to good to sign autographs for kids.

Her exact words. "get the hell away from those brats. They won't make you a dime, and you don't need to waste your time on them. No matter how bad He was/is I believe his wife is even worse. I even called her a female dog in front of him and he didn't even flinch.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
J
Legend
Legend
J
The fact that she isn’t out raping people probably makes her the better person, though that certainly isn’t saying much.

Legend
Legend

Frankly, I feel nothing for Winslow.

He committed crimes. He got his day in court.

He was justly sentenced.

That is all. He did the crime and now he will do the time.

We all have choices in life. He made his.

Serve your time. Maybe he will figure out how to be a more productive member of society.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Winslow Jr's dad is a POS too. The apple didn't fall far from the tree.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Kellen Winslow 2nd will be Sentenced to 14 years

Link Copied to Clipboard