Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I would stay at #26. We can now afford to let the draft come to us. I wouldn't move down unless we know we can get the player we are targeting with that pick and we get another 2nd round pick. I would not move up. There are a lot of good players we can use at #26.

O
Legend
Legend
O
With the moneyball philosophy we don't need blue chip players because we are looking for overlooked blue collar guys with certain niche strong skills vs the more complete players imho. I think outside the first round our last 2-3 drafts have trended this way and the FO seems to be getting better at it. Last year I didn't bother with any pre draft research mostly because I was mad at how poorly we played under Freddie. I feel like they more or less nailed the draft last year and should do well again this year using the same system. So I'll worry about it on draft day and just be the fan.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Makes some sense.

We have two 3rd round picks and two 4th round picks. We are at the point where quantity of drafted players isn't a primary consideration.

It might be time to use some of those picks to either trade for a player or two, or use those picks to move up in the draft.

I still wouldn't mind moving down some to gain for next year, but we have flexibility to do most anything we want.

I could see us moving down out of round 1 to gain another 2nd this year and maybe a 3rd for next year.

I could also see us moving up in round one.

So in otherwords, 'Peen, you have no idea (or perhaps even care) about which direction we are going.... naughtydevil, rofl

Hey, that's my story and I'm St-St-Sticking to it.

In the end, none of us know what we might do. I can see solid arguments both ways. As soon as I think I settle one one direction, I can talk myself or be talked in to the other.

I suppose it is like flipping a coin.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
I wouldn't be too miffed if the FO largely punted the draft until next year (in the name of gathering additional assets in a draft year where we'll be able to better gather info). The name of the game for Depo and Berry is data, and this year that will be limited.

With the cap crunch, another clever use of draft capital could be to leverage it in FA. I would be on board with this so long as we're getting talented young players and at a relative bargain (even if a contract situation is looming).

I don't like a tradeup back into the 1st round. Too expensive, and I don't think it's this FO's MO anyway. More second and third round picks sound nice, though.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I suppose it is like flipping a coin.

......or whoever has the least 'cloudy' crystal ball. No doubt that the draft this year will produce some unique difficulties (and opportunities).

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c...

We will be getting some answers after FA signings

I was wondering though...can Gilmore play FS???

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
L
Legend
Legend
L
this is def. not the year to trade up.. too much unknown and very little data with Covid really screwing with the season in CFB. This would however be a year to trade picks for known players or acquire picks for next year

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
B
Legend
Legend
B
The point Oober and yourself are very sound takes.

I am not sure we are all that void of data, but no doubt it will end up being some with no combine and interviews...at least in person.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
I'm just looking forward to us signing.

Sherman (to play FS)
Lattimore (back home and joining Ward)
JJ Watt completing the DL

then the draft wink

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
B
Legend
Legend
B
I'll agree on Lattimore.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I don't think Lattimore will get cut loose.

They are going to unload as much older, expensive talent as they can before they start unloading the inexpensive young guys that produce.

Honestly, they are going to have to dump so much, they really should just rip the bandaid off and go into tank-mode. I get that Brees might not retire, but they literally have no ability to hold together enough of a roster for him to make another serious run at things.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I don't think so either, but I didn't want to totally disagree with Eo.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I would absolutely love it if we could bring him here, and if Greedy ever recovers, that would make for one sick-good secondary for a long, long time.... but, I think the reality is that it just isn't going to happen.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Any Good Trade Targets Out There?

Link Copied to Clipboard