R
New computer coming in.

Ended up getting a system with a 3070.

S
Legend
Legend
S
More Cyberpunk thoughts...

I am still enjoying the game despite the fact that the game at times can struggle to run (especially when driving)

The main story and all the sub stories are good, and interesting, and i find myself getting hooked to a lot of these characters

The gameplay with weapons is awesome. Shooting guns in this game is so much fun

Night City is beautiful, I just wish there was more to do. There are tons of random events that you can partake in, but its mostly just attacking bad guys. With the GTA games you can do all sorts of different activities.

I have had a few crashes on me, but it's not the end of the world, because the game autosaves so much that you don't really lose any ground, you just have to restart the game, and load your game back up

There are no cut scenes in this game, you are involved in every conversation, you can't even really put your controller down because you may have to say something back, or ask a question

I do bet this game will look and run incredible whenever they decide to release it on ps5.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I ended up shelving Cyberpunk until the bulk of the updates are out and have pulled way back from Division 2. I've burnt myself out on that game and it's just not fun to me anymore. They just don't advance the story at all. I've also dropped Destiny since right before the last major release.

Lately, I've been slowly getting through Metal Gear 5 and just picked up Ghost Recon Wildlands. The latter has always gotten a LOT of love, and I was shocked to see how much it cost despite being a 5+ year old game. It's sequel (Breakpoint only came out ~2 years ago?) is already bargain bin fodder.

But the real reason why I'm posting...? Mass Effect Legendary Edition is up for preorder! LET'S GOOOOOOOOO!

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I ended up shelving Cyberpunk until the bulk of the updates are out and have pulled way back from Division 2. I've burnt myself out on that game and it's just not fun to me anymore. They just don't advance the story at all. I've also dropped Destiny since right before the last major release.

Lately, I've been slowly getting through Metal Gear 5 and just picked up Ghost Recon Wildlands. The latter has always gotten a LOT of love, and I was shocked to see how much it cost despite being a 5+ year old game. It's sequel (Breakpoint only came out ~2 years ago?) is already bargain bin fodder.

But the real reason why I'm posting...? Mass Effect Legendary Edition is up for preorder! LET'S GOOOOOOOOO!

How is MG5? I got it on the cheap a few years ago but never got around to playing it?

I heard Wildlands was cool too, havent played but i loved the old GR games back in the day

O
Legend
Legend
O
Over the last few years (Destiny and Division 1 through the sequels, and now Sea of Thieves) I've tended more towards online games. In the middle of continuously playing those games, we had our son and I suddenly found the value of games that have a true pause button. So keeping that in mind, MG5 has functioned as a great 'put down/pick up' type of game.

I never played the earlier MG games... so I think a lot of the storyline is wasted on me. My opinion is that if played at least some of the previous games you could get REALLY into this game. For me, though, I find big parts of the story really weird/odd. I think that might be part of the charm, though. Stuff that's just ridiculous. I'll put it this way, I LOVE the Splinter Cell games, and so similarly I like this MG game, though I'd prefer a Tom Clancy story to a Kojima story. I know that's sacrilege to some... but again, I never played the previous games, so I think I'm just missing that connection.

I don't like a lot of the characters. Some don't get developed at all, and others are just so ridiculous. Voice acting is spot on, though. Kiefer Sutherland as Snake? Hell yeah!

The gameplay, though.... dang! So much fun. You can truly play however you want (stealth, snipe, assault), and you're only forced into one of those roles infrequently. The guns, tools, suits offer a TON in terms of tailoring your gameplay to the mission AND your style. You can get lost in the side mission stuff. There's a city/base-building part of the game that has online elements that's almost a whole separate game, and then there's an online/PVP part that I believe (I haven't played it) IS pretty much a whole separate game (tldr... there's a ton of varied content even beyond the main campaign).

Lastly, I don't know the story, but supposedly there's been a major rift between Kojima and Konami. I read somewhere a while back that MG5 might be the last MG game. Don't quote me on that one, though.

Long story short: there's something for EVERYONE in this game, and with it being as old as it is it should be worth the price. While I'm not the biggest fan of the style, the game is so good when people aren't talking, I'm willing to overlook that.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
S
Legend
Legend
S
If you can find a way to play the original Metal Gear Solid, it's worth it, even with ps1 level graphics. Such a fun game, I think it might be included on the PS Classic. Sons of Liberty was also an incredible game.

It's supposed to get balls cold this weekend, maybe I will bust out the MGSV.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Oof, that's right. You're up in Chicago, right? I was looking at the weather graphics, and here in Cinci is just at the edge of the 'danger zone'.

-PrplPplEater
S
Legend
Legend
S
Oof, that's right. You're up in Chicago, right? I was looking at the weather graphics, and here in Cinci is just at the edge of the 'danger zone'.

Yeah Chicago, 13° right now, single digits for SB Sunday

I cannot wait until this winter is over

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Playing Control mostly fully maxed on my 3070. It's such a weird story, has some David Lynch qulaities to it, and I'm living the gameplay which is a mix of Last of Us (minus the cover) and Doom 2016 run and gun style.

Give it a shot if you're into creepy sci-fi.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Just picked up Madden 21 for $24.99 at walmart. Finally have a good roster to play online with, lol.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Playing Control mostly fully maxed on my 3070. It's such a weird story, has some David Lynch qulaities to it, and I'm living the gameplay which is a mix of Last of Us (minus the cover) and Doom 2016 run and gun style.

Give it a shot if you're into creepy sci-fi.

I grabbed that as part of the free game through ps plus. I might try that.

I finally quit on Cyberpunk. I got pretty far, but the game was crashing out a little more. As I said before, it's going to be a fantastic game it's just nowhere near ready.

I am replaying Horizon Zero Dawn. Outside of some really corny story-writing, and voice acting, this game is nearly flawless. The gameplay mechanics are incredible. The visuals on this game are so good. Maybe my favorite ps4 game outside of the witcher 3

Legend
Legend
Division 2 and Sea of Thieves, along with Insurgency: Sandstorm, is where I spend most all of my gaming time these days. Just wrapped up the last manhunt and ran one of the Legendary strongholds last night. Those Legendary strongholds are TOUGH. The guys I game with are all currently trying to get enough of us together to do a few of the raids, but in all likelihood our time with that game will be dwindling a ton in the near future.

The downside for us with Sea of Thieves is the inability to have more than 3 friends with you at a time. When we game together as a group, there can easily be a dozen of us, and SoT makes it as difficult as they can for you to get multiple ships with your friends on the same server. Nonetheless, I love that game. So much risk/reward, lol! You go from being on top of the world to having lost it all in the blink.... and if you're a solo slooper, you have that happen a lot, but it just makes the successes that much sweeter.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Supposedly, there's a way to get your peeps (multiple ships) all into the same server in SoT. The problem is probably when a server migrates, then you have to do 'the dance' all over again.

I've pretty much put Division away, as I completed the final hunt missions and don't have high confidence that the content that's allegedly coming this year will be any good. I have a clan (on Xbox) that is passionate but small, so if they're ever looking for someone to fill out a raid team then I'm down (I haven't done those).

I was able to get Ghost Recon Wildlands on the cheap (relatively speaking... for a 5+ year old game it's still pretty expensive) and have been really enjoying that. I also bought back into Destiny, and all of the Beyond Light content has been top-notch, IMO. Also, they just recently did away with a universally hated mechanic (gear sunsetting), so lots of people are happy and jumping back in.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
There are basically two methods of getting peeps on multiple ships, and neither is good.

One is simply server hopping and testing by putting up a Reaper's flag at the outpost and then asking your friends if they see a flag there. If so, then you set sail and if they see it moving in the right direction, then you know; or have them then raise their Reaper flag and you confirm if you see one at the outpost they are at. We've tried this method a number of times and have only succeeded once. We've probably wasted a few hours in total with attempts at this.

The second is to find a crew on your ship that is logging off (good luck with this) and then one of your crew makes friends with one of the players and join their crew. Boom, you now have two crews on one ship. When the other players log off, your friends can log on. I've literally never even had the opportunity to try this method.

Most of the guys I game with have given up on SoT because its so difficult to get friends together... or, if you have three on a brig and a 4th wants to join, now you need to drop what you're doing to log out and launch a galleon; and the reverse is just as annoying where if you have 3 or four are playing and a couple leave. Now you again have to leave and reconnect to change ship type. The mechanics for playing with people just aren't good.

I was playing Destiny for a little while and was enjoying the storyline at first, but then it just kinda goes away and there isn't a storyline any longer.

Browns is the Browns

O
Legend
Legend
O
I've become more accustomed to Destiny's (lack of) story. With that game, story is more of a tool to launch you into the gametypes/modes you'll be repeating throughout the season until the next content drop. There's a decent chunk of stuff to do and figure out on Europa, and now the Cabal are making noise again so we're doing that. The story is a vehicle to get you to doing those activities. I'm finding the activities that are available are good (battle arenas, legendary lost sectors, the latest raid, Nightfalls have lots of tiers for all skill levels), for now.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Dead by Daylight.

Had the game for a few years and just recently started getting into it. I'm sick of FPS and now love this game. If anyone plays add me on steam. 2 Buck Chuck.

T
Legend
Legend
T
With March Madness starting, I'm suddenly seeing a bunch of websites asking for votes on various 64 round decisions to find various things,
like the best dinner appetizer,
or the best cartoon, in a single elimination tournament.

Well I'm not smart enough to work it out, but Why should Dawgtalkers be any different.
But I soon realized, there are a lot more "ideals" that Dawgtalkers hate, than love,

For instance, I know consensous is we love Joe Thomas, but do you Love Joe Thomas' playing career more than you Hate Dennis Northcutts' playing career. Anyway, here are 10 quick suggestions for a 32 ideal bracket.

Trent Richardson hate
Eric Mangini hate

Hue Jackson hate
Dennis Northcutt hate

Brandon Weeden hate
Joe Thomas love

Ben Roethlisburger hate
Ray Lewis hate

Myles Garrett love
Phil Dawson love

O
Legend
Legend
O
I agree. Destiny 2 is in a very good place right now. Lots to do and story progression is interesting.

-PrplPplEater
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
I agree. Destiny 2 is in a very good place right now. Lots to do and story progression is interesting.

I haven't played it in a couple years at this point. I played Destiny 1 a lot, but never got into 2 much because I felt it was just 1 with a few tiny changes at that time. Are there any new "enemy" factions yet? The biggest problem with 1 was that they just rotated between the 3 enemies for each expansion as the "big bad" guys. The other 2 factions were still around, but they just kept rotating back and forth for the content.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: cle23
Are there any new "enemy" factions yet?

LOL... actually there aren't. They introduced the Scorn, but they're just Fallen that are more annoying to fight. I laughed because... yeah... they haven't introduced any new enemies.

That said, they've done a good job getting new content out there. They've really leaned hard into the seasonal content thing, so there's been a new mechanic or activity that's featured in each season that you usually have to grind on pretty hard. Obviously, if that activity sucks, then the season pretty much sucks... but I do give Bungie some credit for really pulling their head out of their butt regarding the story. It was a disorganized, wandering mess before but they seem more focused now. Things are progressing, even on a week-by-week basis. They still heavily rely on disposable baddies (villains in the story that just kinda pop up and then get dealt with without really affecting the storyline), but they're doing a great job in progressing towards the big-baddy on the horizon. Before, that one just stayed on the horizon and never got closer, but now we're definitely getting closer and closer to that confrontation. I really like that, and really despise the opposite in a game where, by design, you're already repeating the same activities/fights over and over each week. Allowing the narrative to freeze in place for long periods of time is a surefire way to get me to drop the game.

-PrplPplEater
S
Legend
Legend
S
Fired Dying Light back up, I forgot how much fun this game was. I know some people are burned out by the zombie fascination, but I will forever love zombie games.

Also downloaded The Witness since it was free on PSN. Fun puzzle game.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
jc

Civ6, invading Wuhan

Dealing with a broken finger, so have to stick with turned based games for a while. Went back to civ6, playing a naval domination game as the vikings.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Legend
Legend
Raze it to the ground.

Browns is the Browns

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Raze it to the ground.

Pillage and plunder while you are at it. The object is total domination. If you win, who is going to charge you with war crimes?

Take it. Take it all. Burn the rest.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S

Shutup and take my money.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming The Gaming Thread, Part IV

Link Copied to Clipboard