Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
That is what you call them. I have never gone in to a gun shop or sporting goods stores with signs pointing to the assault weapons.

I bet you haven't. And I doubt anyone would. They'd come out and ask for what it is... Meaning the title of the rifle..

But don't be obtuse. There is virtually nobody that doesn't know them as Assault Rifles.. NOBODY

Again, because of the propaganda put forward by the liberal media.

I am not even sure I can call them liberal anymore.

They have been known as assault rifles since they were first invented for military use.. Geez,, It's not propaganda, it's a frickin fact

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
O
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
O
So than you should know the exact definition of an assault rifle

B
Legend
Legend
B
That is what you call them. I have never gone in to a gun shop or sporting goods stores with signs pointing to the assault weapons.

I bet you haven't. And I doubt anyone would. They'd come out and ask for what it is... Meaning the title of the rifle..

But don't be obtuse. There is virtually nobody that doesn't know them as Assault Rifles.. NOBODY

Again, because of the propaganda put forward by the liberal media.

I am not even sure I can call them liberal anymore.

They have been known as assault rifles since they were first invented for military use.. Geez,, It's not propaganda, it's a frickin fact

Known by you and yours maybe. Not by me and mine.

DC is right about cars. I'd even say more than 130 HP isn't necessary except maybe trucks that haul things.

To me, who cares how fast your car goes and you like to go to some drag strip for sport. It's stupid to me just like you think it stupid for people who like to shoot at bottles and or targets. I am just not telling you that you can't do it or do in in some bossed up car. Do cars kill people or do people driving cars kill people?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
You can't kill 59 people from your hotel room window at a concert across the street and have 489 injured with your car. That's just nonsense trying to compare the two.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Crimes are a different issue. As I asked Daman, do cars kill people or people driving cars kill people.

If we banned cars, auto deaths would drop in dramatic fashion. I know you agree with that, even though we both know we won't do that.

Read my words and you will understand my meaning.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
When you drive a car you know you are taking a risk. You understand the possible consequences. That is not something children should have to consider when they go to school or when either of us decide to go to a concert.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
You can't kill 59 people from your hotel room window at a concert across the street and have 489 injured with your car. That's just nonsense trying to compare the two.

2016 Nice truck attack. 86 dead, 458 injured.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, it happens all the time just like mass shootings.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Let me ask you this. Since it seems some of you are trying to compare guns to cars, do you propose they be treated the same?

To drive a car you must pass drivers training. Both as a driver and to know the laws and regulations.

Every year you car undergoes an inspection and you must renew and pay a fee to extend your right to drive.

You must carry insurance on your car in order to protect anyone who may suffer damage or injury due to an accident.

So since it seems you are trying to compare the two do you agree that the requirements to own and operate both should be the same?

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Let me ask you this. Since it seems some of you are trying to compare guns to cars, do you propose they be treated the same?

To drive a car you must pass drivers training. Both as a driver and to know the laws and regulations.

Every year you car undergoes an inspection and you must renew and pay a fee to extend your right to drive.

You must carry insurance on your car in order to protect anyone who may suffer damage or injury due to an accident.

So since it seems you are trying to compare the two do you agree that the requirements to own and operate both should be the same?

You don't understand the comparison being made.

Some people argue that we don't need a rifle that looks like a military gun.

Well, people don't need cars that can run 140MPH or more.

Of course I am not advocating the elimination of peoples muscle cars and bring it up to illustrate how lame their argument is against a common sized rifle.

Now if some want to rail against bump stocks or means to turn a simple single shot semi automatic gun in to a automatic, I would be willing to listen.

Understand?

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
I can't believe people are having a "guns or cars" debate. Seriously.

Guns don't serve any other purpose other than to shoot people or animals. Even if you argue that they are a deterrent or protection - they are those things because they offer the threat of shooting something. I mean - sure there are target pistols and various clay shooting and other long range competitions etc ... but when you get down to it guns are designed to kill.

Cars, and 19 tonne trucks and buses and vans and other modes of transport have other intended purposes other than trying to harm other living things.

Yes - in the absence of guns very seriously messed up people hell bent on mass slaughter can and do choose other means to kill people. The truck is ONE example - explosives is another. Whooop Whooop. It's simply deflection to try and talk about that. What that doesn't address or deal with is the availability of guns in the USA. How easy they are to obtain and stock pile. It ignores the fact that guns are OVERWHELMINGLY the preferred method for mass killings in the USA. And guess what - where guns are not so prevalent in the world... shocking no-one. Less gun deaths and mass shootings.

Does making gun registration stricter take the guns out of the hands of the criminals? No. Would a ban on AR-15's and other semi-automatics take them out of the hands out of the criminals? No. . . . but there is history and statistical data that shows that during the ban from 1994-2004 - gun massacres decreased.
That's FACT:
https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/press/d...fter-expiration

As is the 26%+ of AR-15 and it's use in these massacres.
https://www.newsweek.com/ar-15-rifles-were-used-26-percent-last-80-mass-shootings-america-1578107

I don't know what the answer is - maybe there isn't one. But people and the NRA digging in and not willing to look at ANYTHING that might make a difference is literally the definition of insanity ... that is unless you think kids being shot at schools REGULARLY and shoppers being slaughtered while grocery shopping is acceptable.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
O
You like statistics than look at how many homicides occur with rifles vs knives, blunt objects, fists, etc. Than come and tell me those evil black rifles should be banned

M
Legend
Legend
M
No idea what you just said. But Suicide is one more good reason to try to look at how to reduce the negative impact of fire arms.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/homicide.htm

They account for 14,414 out of 19,141 homicides - 73%. Based on 2018 data.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
I'm aware of what an SKS is, but honest question - what is an SKSAK? Is it some variant of the sks?

Coincidently, I heard someone reference an sks multiple times, a couple weeks ago, on an, (ametuer broadcast episode over the internet) talking about 'bear' attacks, (AND AFTER WHAT I LEARNED BEARS CAN DO TO PEOPLE, I'M SUPPORTING BIGGER GUNS)

And looked up a bunch of info about the SKS, (they just seemed so stylish)

There was a big emphasis on that these are an often modified gun, (the ole, 1999 hond civic, of the gun world), one modification of which,
was an added pistol grip.
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the sks with a pistol grip modification weren't what is being referenced by the term SKS-AK but in truth, I'm guessing.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
M
Legend
Legend
M
https://petpedia.co/bear-attack-statistics/

40 bear attacks a year ... GLOBALLY.

Makes perfect sense to advocate for bigger legal munitions on the back of that.

Legend
Legend
Crimes are a different issue. As I asked Daman, do cars kill people or people driving cars kill people.

If we banned cars, auto deaths would drop in dramatic fashion. I know you agree with that, even though we both know we won't do that.

Read my words and you will understand my meaning.

I'm absolutely sick of people comparing Guns and Cars..

With a car, you gotta first take Drivers Education.. Then you have to get a Temp permit, then you take a drivers test adminstered by a state employee. You are required to renew your license roughly every 5 years where you are questioned about any health issues and if you would be willing to be a organ donor and you take an eye test.

Further, at least in certain Ohio counties, your car gets an E-check. You also must carry insurance on your vehicle.

It doesn't matter if the car is new or used, it goes thorough the same process. If you buy it off a private party or buy it at a used car dealer..

You go to buy a gun and they do a background check on you. there are no other requirements. I'm not certain if you buy a gun off your neighbor if it even gets reported or if there is a background check.

Comparing what we go though to buy a car and get a license, buying a gun is a piece of cake

Last edited by Damanshot; 03/28/21 09:55 AM.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
What I understand is that in this very thread it has been pointed out that vehicles can be used to amass mass casualties just as a gun can.

Quote:
We've already seen incidents where someone drives a car into a crowd of people.

I should have used j/c.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Weapons lead to destruction, we have centuries of data to back this up.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
E
Legend
Legend
E
Human disagreements lead to destruction. Weapons are just a tool.

I bet that Minnesota woman who got raped wished she had a weapon.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O

Yes. And while we're at it, let's make licensing for both less of a joke. And maybe even add some sort of push to keep your car in good working order.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
F
Legend
Legend
F

With a car, you gotta first take Drivers Education.. Then you have to get a Temp permit, then you take a drivers test adminstered by a state employee. You are required to renew your license roughly every 5 years where you are questioned about any health issues and if you would be willing to be a organ donor and you take an eye test.

Just want to point out that this is not necessarily true. To LEGALLY drive a car you must do those things.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan

Just want to point out that this is not necessarily true. To LEGALLY drive a car you must do those things.

Good point, legally drive..

The NRA has stoked the fires.. Pushing the thought that if you are a liberal, you want to take everyones guns away... I admit, there are some that feel that way.. Very Very Far left...

But that's not me.. I don't wanna take a gun away from anyone that is responsible.

This kid that shot up the grocery store in Boulder had issues.. I'm not 100% sure what can be done about making sure someone like him never gets his hands on a gun.

This is where the NRA could help if they didn't have their heads so far up their asses.

They could, if they had a mind to, work with authorities to close loop holes in purchasing. they could be involved with gun shows to stop things from happening there.

Maybe someday they'll figure out that the pressure to get the guns stems from all the crazy shootings that take place.. Like Boulder or Las Vegas or Sandy Hook and the like.

Instead of jumping into the fray to help, they defend those jackasses that do the shooting.. Or they make excuses for them or why stopping them from getting guns would be against the 2nd amendment.

Someday maybe they'll figure out that if you aren't part of the solution, you ARE the problem..

These people that shoot up stores and schools give the rest of the responsible gun owners a bad rap... You'd think they'd want to do something about it. Something more than Lip Service.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Active Shooter Boulder CO

Link Copied to Clipboard