Print Thread
TTTDawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Ryan Switzer asks for prayers for his infant son

Jeff Risdon
March 7, 2021 4:43 pm

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Ryan Switzer needs some good fortune and prayers for his infant son, Christian.

Switzer made an appeal to fans to offer up whatever positive energy, prayers and good fortune they can summon to help Christian pull through a medical emergency. In a series of tweets, Switzer laid out the worrisome details of his 9-month-old boy.

Christian Switzer suffered from some unexplained bleeding and was rushed to the hospital. He also tested positive for COVID-19. Christian has been admitted to the NICU and is continuing to undergo tests and treatment to get him stabilized and back to health if all goes well.

Everyone here at Browns Wire is holding up Switzer and his family in our prayers.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/07/browns-ryan-switzer-asks-for-prayers-for-his-infant-son/

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Legend
Legend
Prayers are on the way.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Prayers up to the family

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Prayers to you and your family Ryan. I've said so many over the past 8 months. I pray to the good Lord your son comes out of this OK. May God bless.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Nothing troubles me more than the struggles of a child. He, his son and his entire family have my prayers and support.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Praying for a full recovery in Jesus Name ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Great news!

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
TTTDawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Good to hear.

Our prayers are being answered': Cleveland Browns WR Ryan Switzer shares good news about his infant son.

By: Kaylyn HlavatyPosted at 12:24 PM, Mar 10, 2021 and last updated 12:24 PM, Mar 10, 2021

CLEVELAND — Cleveland Browns wide receiver Ryan Switzer shared some good news about his infant son, who was hospitalized after he woke up in his own blood Saturday. He also had tested positive for COVID-19.

Sharing a video on Twitter Wednesday, Switzer shared the good news that his son was discharged from the hospital Tuesday night, posting this message to fans who sent well wishes to him and his family.

Switzer shared a video of his 9-month-old son Christian happily playing with toys after his release from the ICU.

Based on his tweets, he said it’s still not clear what caused the bleeding. Over the past weekend, doctors ran several tests and scans, locating several sources of bleeding.

On Monday, Switzer shared an update that Christian’s labs remained normal and the bleeding had stopped, allowing him to be moved from the ICU.

Switzer thanked fans for sending prayers and well wishes to his family during a difficult time.

"...to see him sleep through the night with no bleeding and wake up in a playful mood this morning means our prayers are being answered. Thank you all," Switzer said.

https://www.news5cleveland.com/sports/br...-his-infant-son

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Unfortunately the little boy is back in the hospital with "significant bleeding" Saturday morning...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/browns-wr-r...-000129920.html

TTTDawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
It's always tough to see "little ones" that can't fend for themselves going thru something.

Browns WR Ryan Switzer says 9-month-old son back in hospital after ongoing medical issues

By: Camryn JusticePosted at 7:41 PM, Mar 20, 2021 and last updated 7:42 PM, Mar 20, 2021

Nearly two weeks ago, Cleveland Browns wide receiver Ryan Switzer took to social media to ask for prayers for his 9-month-old son Christian who woke up in blood and was hospitalized. Christian tested positive for COVID-19 and underwent numerous tests to find the source of his bleeding. Following a surgery, Switzer shared the good news a few days later that Christian was home from the hospital, but on Saturday, things took a turn.

Switzer said that Christian was taken back to the hospital after he had "more significant bleeding" Saturday morning.

"We’re frustrated but more so just exhausted seeing our son suffer. We’re asking for prayers for the doctors as they work to find a diagnosis & strength for Christian as he battles," Switzer wrote.

Christian's medical ordeal began at the beginning or March. Once at the hospital for the bleeding, doctors could not determine the source, and Christian required a blood transfusion. Doctors later completed a series of tests and scans and determined the source of the bleeding, which required surgery to correct, Switzer said.

Doctors determined that the source of the bleeding found on the scans was inaccurate and surgeons had to implement exploratory measures to locate it, Switzer said. Several sources of bleeding were discovered and after samples were taken, Christian was out of surgery and stable.

A few days later, Switzer shared the good news that Christian was out of ICU and later discharged from the hospital. He posted a video thanking all those who reached out or said prayers for Ryan and said that they did not get any "concrete answers" about what caused Christian's bleeding.

With Christian back in the hospital, Switzer asked for prayers for both his son's strength and for the doctors working to find the cause of the bleeding and to help heal Christian.

https://www.news5cleveland.com/sports/br...-medical-issues

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

P
Legend
Legend
P
I sure hope his child can be accurately diagnosed and treated for whatever it is that's causing this bleeding.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
We now understand COVID is a vascular disease. It’s causing strokes, heart issues, blood clots, etc. We know that Christian was diagnosed with COVID prior to these bleeding events.
I’m no doctor but I’m guessing COVID has its role. Now WHY these bleeding events keep repeating, I don’t know. Thrombocytopenia can happen randomly in people. Some people that have received the vaccines have died of it. Though at no higher rate than the normal random occurrence in any given population.
So causation over correlation is the unknown. My guess is there’s some underlying causation in Christian. But that’s just speculation on my part.
Either way I hope he recovers and this never happens for him again.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Browns wide receiver Ryan Switzer offered up some fantastic news about his infant son, Christian, on Monday night. The wideout was happy to report that surgery went very well and “this nightmare is over with” for Christian.

The young Switzer has suffered bleeding issues that have required hospitalization, as well as a positive COVID-19 diagnosis during the initial bleeding onset. Prior efforts to solve Christian’s serious problem did not work, so he was flown to Massachusetts for additional care.

Thankfully it worked. Switzer posted a pic of Christian and his wife from the hospital noting that “our sweet baby boy is stable and out of surgery.”

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/30/ryan-switzer-son-christian-surgery-successful/

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Praise God!

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Thank You Lord smile

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Ryan Switzer asks for prayers for his infant son

Link Copied to Clipboard