Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Here's your problem......

HHS renews COVID-19 national public health emergency declaration

https://www.aha.org/news/headline/2020-1...ncy-declaration

Covid 19 has been declared a national health emergency. It's not someone "asking for your health records". It's simply a measure to get a national health emergency under control. You are jumping though hoops trying to make crazy comparisons to getting tattooed and chipped by the government to make excuses why common sense measures shouldn't be allowed by businesses to help protect their employees and customers from it.

I don't have a problem any more than you do.

I don't care what the HHS has to say on the matter. OK, I do to a degree but not on this issue.

Plus, you don't know what they plan to do or how they intend to act in the future. Our president is talking about health passports.

I don't need to hear anything else. Let's ask the Jews what they think about needing government issued numbers to allow travel, to shop, to work.

I have to make a statement about the "president is talking about health passports" point.

There is a false premise that health passports would be administered by the federal government. That's just not the case. It is done by the States and supported developed by business, and there has been no federal involvement other than coordination. I listened to a long interview with an IBM developer on Smerconish (XMSirius) the other day and it was pretty clear how it is being implemented.

Somehow, just like everything else we are getting the big government boogeyman drama. Now what most people and business want is for their lives to return to normal as quickly as possible if passports or vaccine cards help, than so be it.

There will always be a group who want to have their cake and eat it to. These are the challenged ones. Those who want herd immunity, but for them not to get the vaccine, and to be able to freely move around as if nothing happened. The "Don't Tread on Me" crowd firmly has its head stuck up its rear, and if they don't want the vaccine, they have better be prepared to live in isolation.

Me, I will be willing to show my vaccine card whenever required, and I really don't want to be around a non-vaccine person.

Its no different than getting a vaccine to be allowed entry into school and if you want to be part of society, be part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

As long as you have a shot, you are in a database. Facts are facts, and there is no avoiding them.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

M
Legend
Legend
M
great post

The more things change the more they stay the same.
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Vaccine passports (on their own dime)to enter the country legally? What's good for the American citizen is good for those that want to come here..and shots after crossing don't count.

O
Legend
Legend
O
But the anti vaccine crowd wants special treatment in NOT getting the shot AND still getting to return to normal. They expect those who do get the vaccine to just accept the exposure to them and the risk they present because of "mAh RiGhTs".

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
And it's yet another in a line of made up scenarios to maker excuses why businesses shouldn't be allowed to protect their customers and employees from a virus which has been declared a national health emergency and killed over 550k Americans.

I think we might be saying the same thing, but I'll hit send on this post anyway just in case....

For me, the topic here is not a health emergency thing (we're not talking about temporary mask-wearing, or social distancing, etc... we're talking about afterwards mandating using a COVID passport). So from that angle, it's not so much the business' job to protect their customers as it is to allow the businesses to run themselves as they see fit. If they feel that their specific service warrants requiring their customers to be vaccinated, then that's their prerogative. What DeSantis is doing (had to double-check we've gotten to the point in the thread where the conversation starts to shift/pivot) is telling businesses that they can't do that, which is wrong. He's also preventing FL from issuing it (I assume is the poorly-sized vaccine card that everyone gets?), which is super-duper dumb.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I was simply trying to point out the possible motivation businesses may have for requiring such a vaccine card. I don't really care what their reasoning is. They have that right. And the amazing thing about it is, the same people that object to allowing business to make such a requirement are the very same people that claim those same businesses have the right to dictate whether their employees receive birth control on their healthcare plans, refuse service to other customers based on "their freedoms", and say businesses can conduct themselves as they so choose.

Right up until the moment it's something they don't like.

The only time I've actually called out the rights of business is when they down right discriminate on people who live a lifestyle that goes against their religious beliefs. I've always believed in the freedom of religion right up to the point you use your religion to discriminate against others.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
Simple question, especially as someone already pointed out the blackmarket and fake cards.

Who at the business is going to verify the authenticity of the card?

Since it seems vaccines are only good about 6 months, do we have expiration dates for the cards?

Going to Publix will be like going to the club with a line and a muscle guy denying entrance because you didn't come with hot chicks. smile

Seems simpler to just maintain the whole "business can require masks" until they feel their regional area is relatively safe/vaccinated. It's easier to verify a mask on someone face to a small card that anyone can duplicate.

Last edited by FloridaFan; 04/05/21 11:22 AM.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
But the anti vaccine crowd wants special treatment in NOT getting the shot AND still getting to return to normal. They expect those who do get the vaccine to just accept the exposure to them and the risk they present because of "mAh RiGhTs".

If you get the vaccine, why are you worried about exposure?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
It would be up to the business as to who they designate to check the cards.

I've seen that after six months the vaccine is still effective. I haven't see that it's only good for six months.

My point isn't really concerning what's easier. I think you are correct that would be much easier to simply look for masks being worn. My point and my part of the discussion is about the rights of a business to require it.

As for the black market. You can get a drivers license, a passport and any drug you desire on the black market. Yet society still requires you to have a passport and a drivers license. I can't think of any state where cocaine or heroin is legal either.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I had no idea the lack of hot chicks killed over 550k Americans and counting. saywhat

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
Agree about fake drivers license and passports, although passports are harder now than before and are tracked as you travel abroad.

But a simple cardboard card is as simple as a home printer and any 15 year old. It doesn't require take some back alley transaction.

The six months thing I saw on the local news, which of course their headline was misleading, "Vaccine immunity lasts 6 months, report at 11".

I just looked online for info and it appears the real headline should have been "Vaccine still strong after 6 months".

“The good news is that in the 6-month status report from Pfizer, immunity stays very strong, and we anticipate that it will continue to stay strong,” said Bailey.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/how-long-does-immunity-from-covid-19-vaccination-last

Last edited by FloridaFan; 04/05/21 11:36 AM.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
True, it would certainly easier to reproduce a vaccine card. But I think the overriding point to me is we shouldn't expect a business, if they decide to make every attempt at being safe, to simply forego that attempt just because people cheat.

I mean we could use that same methodology for almost anything.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

O
Legend
Legend
O

If you get the vaccine, why are you worried about exposure?

You tell me how long the vaccine is good for and then I might accept the covid carrying lepers around me in public without their segregating scarlet letter. But the best way to put covid in the rearview mirror for good is to force vaccination by making the unvaccinated feel like pariahs. It's brilliant really. thumbsup

If you can't show your vaccine passport YOU can't vote. wink I like the sound of that.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 04/05/21 02:23 PM.

B
Legend
Legend
B
mandatory or banned....sounds like communism.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Everything looks like communism to you.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Some people were saying the same things during the Spanish flu epidemic. That killed a million people in our country. I guess now you will soon be calling many businesses communist. Some people just seem to lack an understanding of the consequences of a pandemic and would rather label common sense methods to help prevent the spread with an negative label to give it a political label rather than practice safe options for the betterment of their fellow citizens.

Then claim those who disagree are the communists when the patriotic thing to do is take all common sense measures to help protect the life of all Americans.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Select vaccinated fans will have increased access to NFL Draft festivities in Cleveland

https://www.news5cleveland.com/sports/20...aft-festivities

Ruh roh Ralph! It loks like the Browns are turning to communism!

#gmstrong
O
All Pro
All Pro
O

If you can't show your vaccine passport YOU can't vote. wink I like the sound of that.

So what you saying is, you're ok disenfranchising a large and disproportionate number of people of color, as long as you are also disenfranchising a large portion of conservatives as well? Am I reading that correctly?

Data on who is getting vaccinated

Black people have many justified reasons to distrust the government and health professionals, but it sounds like a lot of you more "liberal" folk are ok with denying them service and the right to vote...interesting.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Oh give it up. You’re one of the first to tell minority groups how wrong they are.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Oh give it up. Youre the first one to tell majority groups how wrong they are.

No Craps Given
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Here’s the thing. I can tell my group how to act because I’m a white dude.

I cannot tell a minority group how to act or behave because I am not part of that group.

Is it really that hard to comprehend? Then again, I’m talking to the lady who must be blind to the amount of Q stuff that was at the putsch on the 6th.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist

I cannot tell a minority group how to act or behave because I am not part of that group.

Is it really that hard to comprehend? Then again, I’m talking to the lady who must be blind to the amount of Q stuff that was at the putsch on the 6th.

You cant tell anybody how to act because youre a white dude. Dont you listen to your own propaganda.

Its interesting to know that you believe in 12 year old boy conspiracy theories. How do you even have a job.

No Craps Given
B
Legend
Legend
B

That is where you wimp out. You can tell anybody how to act when they aren't acting right.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Well you need to act better then Peen. You too Eve.

You're right Peen, that felt good.

O
All Pro
All Pro
O
You can keep playing identity politics, and I'll keep looking at people as individuals and not a part of a group, thanks.

Legend
Legend
Maybe we should have the women who can't get abortions decide if you MUST get a vaccine.

Which women would that be?

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend

that's totally illogical. We are all part of many groups, and we relate to those groups at different times for different reasons.

So unless you are part of the male, straight, over 50, Scottish heritage, married with kids, bald, Christian, gun owning, moderately conservative, 4 wheel drive vehicle owning, Browns loving, Univ of Maryland graduate, works in construction, lives in the south group, then you are not part of my group... and therefore, cannot tell me how to act.

If, on the other hand, you believe your whiteness singularly defines you... then I can't help you.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
These are the same politicians who want to restrict your voting rights. No ID no vote. No vaccine no play. Stay home.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
B
Legend
Legend
B
I think you are confused.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I think you are confused.

I think not. You can’t have it both ways. But the GQP always wants it that way.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Florida governor signs executive order banning vaccine passport use at businesses

Link Copied to Clipboard