Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
A child killed.

Legend
Legend
I see America is back to normal.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
The trump virus slowed the burn.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
These shootings are terrible. It's every week and now a child. HORRIFFIC !!!

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Shooting in Orange was “Not Random;” Suspect Identified

by Noah Biesiada

Police officers standing by near the 202 W Lincoln Avenue office building as the Orange County Sheriff's Department crime scene investigation vehicles arrive on the scene. Credit: OMAR SANCHEZ, Voice of

The Orange Police Department released the name of the suspect in a shooting from last night that killed four people, including a nine-year-old boy.

Lt. Jennifer Amat, the department’s public information officer, identified Aminadab Gaxiola Gonzalez, a Fullerton resident, as the shooter, saying he was still in critical condition at the hospital. Only one other victim is still, and she is in critical condition at a local hospital.

Amat said the attack was not random, and it appears Gonzalez had a “personal or business relationship,” with every victim. Everyone who was attacked worked for Unified Homes, a mobile home dealer.

At 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, officers responded to a series of 911 calls of shots fired at 202 W. Lincoln Ave., where they managed to detain the shooter. Both gates were sealed shut with bike locks from the inside, stopping officers from getting in until they got bolt cutters.

Officers fired at Gonzalez from outside the gate, and after breaking through found one man and two women killed in suites owned by Unified Homes, while the boy was in the office complex’s courtyard with the woman who was critically injured.

Amat also confirmed Gonzalez used a semi-automatic handgun: investigators recovered the weapon last night, but refused to answer questions from the media on it. Officers also recovered a backpack containing pepper spray, handcuffs and ammunition they believe belonged to Gonzalez.

No names of the victims have been released, as the department is working to notify next of kin.

Gonzalez’s criminal history is still unknown, as District Attorney Todd Spitzer said his office was reviewing whether any restraining orders or previous charges were filed against him.

Spitzer said his office is considering pursuing the death penalty and life without parole.

Lincoln St. will remain shut down through most of the day as officers complete their investigation, with the District Attorney’s office reviewing the officer involved shooting.

https://voiceofoc.org/2021/04/shooting-in-orange-was-not-random-suspect-identified/

California has universal background checks, an “assault weapons” ban, firearm registration requirements, gun confiscation laws, a ten-day waiting period on gun purchases, a red flag law, a limit in the number of guns a law-abiding citizen can buy in a given month, a ban on campus carry for self-defense, a ban on K-12 teachers being armed for classroom defense, and controls on the sale of ammunition.

T
Legend
Legend
T
and now a Child Horrific? All the way in California?

A 2 year old, a 7 or 9, year 9 old, (might be both),
and a 14 year old, have been shot, in Columbus, since
well this week at least, if not a 3 days or less timeframe.

It was the news today, we really get 2 or 3 shootings on most newscast evenings, every day of the year on average, for the last 7+ years,
I don't really see how the California crime should be noteworthy if the stuff here closer to home is not.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

P
Legend
Legend
P
I had no idea that whether a shooter knew his or her victims had any impact on the body count. Good to know.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

you know what's sad? these guys on comedy central do more research than fox news on the topic.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I had no idea that whether a shooter knew his or her victims had any impact on the body count. Good to know.

So now you know. Now you also know that it wasn't simply some random act, and you also know that California has a multitude of laws in place that didn't do any good because a criminal is going to do what criminals do.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
No, when a mass shooting occurs whether the shooter knows his victims or not that doesn't change the body count. Yes, criminals are going to do what criminals are going to do. I have no idea how comparing law abiding citizens to criminal works for you though.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
No, when a mass shooting occurs whether the shooter knows his victims or not that doesn't change the body count. Yes, criminals are going to do what criminals are going to do. I have no idea how comparing law abiding citizens to criminal works for you though.

Quit making stuff up. You know how I feel. Gun laws would be a prime example of your BS in this case. You know darn good and well I am against punishing and comparing law abiding citizens to criminals because of criminal actions.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
I would show you actual global statistics of how gun laws work on a global basis. But you don't care and wouldn't look at the links anyway. With some people facts simply don't matter.

The thing is I pretty much agree with you to some extent. I don't think extremely restrictive gun laws will help here in America. I'm not in the "Do nothing or it's communism" extremist crowd because I think any time someone wields something that can quickly be used to kill a multitude of people, reasonable responsibility measures should be required.

But the fact is America is in a unique position in the world. We already have enough guns in our society for every man, woman and child that live in our country.

I've even advocated every liberal heavily arm themselves. Well before the attack on our nations capital. That only worked to reinforce my opinion.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
mass shooting at a FedEx facility.

good lord we're gonna need a dedicated thread just to mass shooting incidents. mass shootings going up like the S&P 500

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Have mass shootings been listed on the DOW? I’m looking to buy some shares.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Have mass shootings been listed on the DOW? I’m looking to buy some shares.

i dunno but im sure if it was, the dividend payout would be amazing.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I heard I was a dollar per spent cartridge on the ground after each incident. The over abundance of AR’s on the street are going to make me rich.

[Linked Image]
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Fortunately,
There was another one that almost happened yesterday,
a man with mental issues was shooting at an overpass bridge and then left and went to San Antonio airport where he was intercepted driving in in the wrong lane by a officer working security and was shot and killed after shooting at the terminal, the officer and behind him.
a 45 and a full box of ammo

And what I just read in the Indy paper-the gunman drove to Fedex, got out of his car and started random shooting outside unprovoked, walked inside the building killed 8 and shot several other people in about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes and then capped himself.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Another tragic mass killing where the perpetrator slaughtered the innocents with the NOT use of a car or vehicle. Or a knife. Or any of the other "but they could just use (insert irrelevant alternate item here) - should we ban (insert irrelevant alternate item here) too?"

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Logically, that's not true. He drove to the place that he chose to shoot up.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, but he could have taken a bus. Another well known weapon of mass murders. wink

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
He could've done/used many different things but he didn't. I merely pointed out that he did, in fact, use a car to carry out his mass shooting.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm baffled we are even discussing this. He used a car to get him to a location. He used a gun to carry out the mass shooting. He didn't crash his car through a wall and kill people with it. Hyperbole will get you nowhere.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
man what is going on?

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm baffled you're treating this as a discussion. Hyperbole won't get you anywhere, which why I responded in kind.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
I have no idea what you're talking about. Moving on....

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Orange County Mass Shooting

Link Copied to Clipboard