S

1. Trevon Moehrig
2. Jevon Holland
3. Andre Cisco

WR

1. Kadarius Toney
2. Terrace Marshal Jr.
3. Tutu Atwell

Last edited by PastorMarc; 04/15/21 04:21 PM.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Quite a selection to choose from.

I am going to take safety and wide receiver off the Board in the first round. Because I don't think they apply in this draft and we could address their position later.

Now comes the hard part because there is this year and then the years to come.

DT - Richardson, Malik Jackson are most likely gone after this year. Sheldon makes $12.3 and will be FA. Jackson signed a one year deal.

LB - Smith is on a one year deal and so is Walker.

DE - Clowney, Takk and Porter are on one year deals.

CB - Ward will be resigned. Hill just signed. Greedy is under contract till 23.

This draft is more about the future.

I believe Farley would be the BPA. He passed the combine physical. If it were not for his back surgery. He would be long gone. He is a complete corner.

I love Koramoah. He is great player and I think a prime fit for our defense. Jamin Davis is another good fit as a cover LB.

I am big on Kwity. He has great potential.

Farley IMO would be the highest rated player though.

Last edited by bonefish; 04/15/21 05:12 PM.
P
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Quite a selection to choose from.

I am going to take safety and wide receiver off the Board in the first round. Because I don't they apply in this draft and we could address their position later.

Now comes the hard part because there is this year and then the years to come.

DT - Richardson, Malik Jackson are most likely gone after this year. Sheldon make $12.3 and will be FA. Jackson signed a one year deal.

LB - Smith is a one year deal and so is Walker.

DE - Clowney, Takk and Porter are on one year deals.

CB - Ward will be resigned. Hill just signed. Greedy is under contract till 23.

This draft is more about the future.

I believe Farley would be the BPA. He passed the combine physical. If it were not for his back surgery. He would be long gone. He is a complete corner.

I love Koramoah. He is great player and I think a prime fit for our defense. Jamin Davis is another good fit as a cover LB.

I am big on Kwity. He has great potential.

Farley IMO would be the highest rated player though.

Great breakdown and yes if healthy I would go with Farley, but like you said DT/Edge/LB could be more for the future ...

Last edited by PastorMarc; 04/15/21 04:59 PM.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Need playmakers on D with #26.

1. C. Farley
2. JOK
3. J. Davis
4. K. Paye

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
That we could choose: So Play Berry and Take The BPA smile

DT

1. Chriatian Barmore
2. Levi Onwuzurike
3. Daviyon Nixon

All 3 are better suited as 3-techs and we already have Sheldon Richardson, Malik Jackson and last year's 3rd rnd pick Jordan Elliott at that position and of the 3 listed only Barmore is deserving of the #26 pick. I don't think the other 2 are any better than Elliott.

DE/Edge

1. Kwity Paye
2. Jaelan Phillips
3. Gregory Rousseau

Of those 3 Paye is the only one I would take at #26, Phillips injury and concussion history are a big concern to me, I wouldn't even consider him till our 3rd rnd pick, Rousseau is similar to Carl Nassib, really good college player but a backup in the NFL.

LB

1. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
2. Jamin Davis
3. Zavion Collins

JOK - love his game but concerned about his tweener size, I like Davis a lot but he's raw especially at coverage, Collins I like also, I see him as Clay Matthews type good all around LB.

CB

1. Caleb Farley
2. Greg Newsome
3. Aaron Robinson

Like Farley although the injury is some concern, like Newsome and Robinson too but I see Robinson as a 2nd rnd pick as he's not as polished as the other two.

S

1. Trevon Moehrig
2. Jevon Holland
3. Andre Cisco

Moehrig is the only one of the three I see as a 1st rnd pick but do we really need another Safety now?

WR

1. Kadarius Toney
2. Terrace Marshal Jr.
3. Tutu Atwell

Don't see WR as a big need and I wouldn't take any of those three at #26.

I guess I would go
1. LB Davis
2. LB Collins
3. CB Farley
4. CB Newsome
5. TIE S Moehring DE Paye

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Legend
Legend
If you're going to play Berry, remember that this is today's NFL, and LBs are not big investments draftwise, or moneywise. I would be absolutely stunned, perhaps to comatose status, if our 1st round pick is a LB, called as a LB. If there is a LB that can play the edge/DE, or Safety, then that's good, but a pure LB ..... I just can't see it.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
66 - agree with pretty much everything you said with the following exceptions.

Zavan Collins - he big but doesn't play anywhere near as strong as he should given his size. He also misses too many tackles.

Jok - if we draft him we will have a plan so i am not too concerned.

What about Azeez Ojulari?

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
P
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
JOK Would be our Jackson stopper on the run ...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
If you're going to play Berry, remember that this is today's NFL, and LBs are not big investments draftwise, or moneywise. I would be absolutely stunned, perhaps to comatose status, if our 1st round pick is a LB, called as a LB. If there is a LB that can play the edge/DE, or Safety, then that's good, but a pure LB ..... I just can't see it.

I understand, but even in Woods' system we will play 2 LBs so you might as well have 2 good ones not 2 ok or below average ones. If Farley wasn't injured he would probably be my choice but Davis and Collins are my next 2 highest rated players, do I not take a LB even if he is my highest rated player and reach for a lesser player at another position? You gotta stay true to your board.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I don't think he has the strength to play DE on a full time basis, his game is all about speed and he gets stonewalled if he can't beat his guy around the edge. He would be better off as an off the ball LB who is used as a rusher in obvious passing situations but he's never played as an OFTB LB so he would have to learn and I don't know that I would risk taking that chance at #26 maybe if we dropped back into the early 2nd rnd.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
P
Legend
Legend
P
Farley's injury was minor and is a non issue. He will be 100% by training camp.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Then he would be my choice at #26 followed by Davis and Collins.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The DTs you mention are all good players. I don't accept that BPA has no context. This is not the area that requires the most roster building. I wouldn't select any of those options at 26. I like three T's (literally three T's later in the draft) Tufele, Togiai and Tupulotu. Alim McNeil, Milton Williams and Jonathan Marshall all seem viable selections too.

The DEs: Paye and Phillips are desirable options. Rousseau is problematic to me. He only had the 2019 breakout year and his sacks numbers are claimed to be mostly from inside rushes. I've said it many times. Not going to stop now. Ronnie Perkins has been a consistent 3-year presence in the Oaklahoma defense. He gets to the QB and he sets the edge.

LBs: Again I don't see this as a position to use the #26 pick on. For all of the reasons that have been documented in the media and by analysts concerning the trends of NFL defenses. I like all those players but I wouldn't take any one of them that high.

CBs: Newsome doesn't seem spectacular but solid. I would consider taking him at 26. Depending on how comfortable the team is with Farley's medical he is an option. Risk/reward selection. Aaron Robinson from what I've been able to learn is an excellent candidate for the slot CB. We need a bonafide outside corner so no, at 26. I really like Melifonwu may be a little high for him at 26. Trade down a bit in round 1 and he's ideal.

Saf: The guys you mention are all good players but given our roster, I wouldn't go first round with any of them. I would like to put depth at FS and somebody to play behind Harrison.
Jamar Johnson is my preference but Holland, Richie Grant or Cisco would all be good picks for FS depth. My candidates for hybrid safety are Jamien Sherwood, Divine Deablo and Tolanoa Hufanga and Tyree Gillespie.

WRs: The work still needed on the defense would make it hard for me to take a WR at 26. If I were to do that it would have to be Bateman, Marshall, Jr. or Toney.

I floated this one earlier in another thread. Trade this years 1st #29, pick 59, 89 and next year's 2nd for Kyle Pitts.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: dawg66
Quote:

I don't think he has the strength to play DE on a full time basis, his game is all about speed and he gets stonewalled if he can't beat his guy around the edge. He would be better off as an off the ball LB who is used as a rusher in obvious passing situations but he's never played as an OFTB LB so he would have to learn and I don't know that I would risk taking that chance at #26 maybe if we dropped back into the early 2nd rnd.

I think he could he be a passing down rush linebacker this year then add 10# of muscle in the offseason and be our DE next season?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Farley's injury was minor and is a non issue. He will be 100% by training camp.

I am not sure how accurate my comments are going to be becuase I am going from memory but I thought Farley had back surgery last off season, opted out this past season, then had a 2nd back surgery.

If true that would be quite concerning. If it isn't true then please correct me.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
As with most things, it's not quite that simple. Farley did have two surgeries. I won't claim to know about the first procedure. The second was reported to be very minor and he appears to have received clearance by NFL medical staff and declared recovered from the procedure.

Reports are that Caleb Farley is medically cleared by NFL.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That is my point. It isn't that simple.
Has anyone seen him run in the past month?
In the past year?

It is definitely something I would worry about.
I would assume NFL teams have more knowledge about his health than we do.
We'll see how high he is taken or how far he falls in the draft. THat will be the true indication of what NFL teams think about his back.

Legend
Legend

If the Browns medical staff clear Farley.

He would be the best case scenario.

He is considered by Casserly as the most complete corner and would represent great value at 26. There are many other experts that believe that as well.

If Farley had no back surgery. He would go very high. From everything I have read including the recent clearance of being ready for camp. He should recover fully.

Newsome is ranked by most as the fourth best. This is a good draft for corners and Newsome would be worthy at 26.

If these guys are gone and JOK is there. IMO we have to pick him.

He would really add a great piece to our defense.

First I love smart instinctual players. Check.

I love speed at the second level. Check.

Players who can cover and tackle are a premium. Check.

Koramoah shows on tape that he can get to any spot on the field in a hurry. When you can diagnose a play and have that skill. You can really help a defense.

Outside of quarterbacks and Kyle Pitts. Koramoah maybe the position player in this draft.

Not every player fits every scheme. JOK seems to fit what Woods wants like hand in glove.

P
Legend
Legend
P
The procedure Farley had as of late was a microdiscectomy. I've posted what this procedure is, the recovery time and how minor it is a couple of times now. Some procedures are cause for concern. Some are not. This one is not. If you would like to read more about it.....

Microdiscectomy

https://www.healthline.com/health/microdiscectomy

The only one trying to make an issue out of it is the press. And it appears they are achieving their intended results.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'm warming up to JOK. My hesitancy with him is not knowing where he'll play.

As I write this I have enough insight to know that it sounds naive. I have a conception of the secondary as Johnson, Delpit, Harrison Ward, and possibly Greedy. Offensive formations will demand that Hill be on the field quite a bit also. In my simple mind, there isn't much room for JOK back there.

So that leaves the LB corp. I could see him playing over Taki-Taki and Wilson. But there's that real or unreal philosophy that the Browns don't value the position high enough to draft a backer with their first pick.

Better football minds than my own can conceive a scheme where he fits.

Legend
Legend

I am guessing how Woods would use JOK.

He would play outside linebacker. It would not be traditional.

He would play outside and based upon formations move up and back. He would man up on backs and cover. He would use his instincts on RPO'S. He would also be used in zone flat coverage.

He has unique coverage skills and is a sure tackler. He can also blitz.

Woods would use him as what I would call an ace linebacker and be moved around as down and distance dictates.

Legend
Legend
Wow!

How do the adjustments for an ace LB figure in by formation with down and distance? Not familiar with this one, so which one(s) get priority? I know the question involves a lot of moving parts, but this sounds like some ambitious "monster" kind of play that would really challenge some OC choices. Polamolu (sp?) type play?

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
I am guessing. The guess is based upon Woods preferred use of safety's and corners.

Hill will play slot corner. Ward and Greedy outside.

JJ3 and Delpit at safety. However, Harrison and Depit can be used in combination as well or all three.

That means the front four will be backed by two linebackers almost all the time. Walker is a fast, good tackler who will play in gaps along the front.

Koramoah would be back and forth on each side.

When you watch what he did at ND. I don't think it will be much different.

Last edited by bonefish; 04/18/21 07:22 PM.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
With the 26th pick in the first round of the 2021 NFL draft the hometown Cleveland Browns take Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, linebacker, Notre Dame.

What a great pick! The Browns improved their DL and secondary in free agency now they add a speedy, playmaking linebacker.

T
Legend
Legend
T
I'm beginning to think JOK is a top 15 pick and no way will make it past pick #20 overall.

Maybe we could make a list of the top 31 likely to go in the top 25 picks with an opportunity to be wrong about the 5, and gain a better consensous of who would likely be avail. at 26,
I'm not boned up on it this year, so I'd need to major study or get quick help.

I think a reasonable expec. is, in the top 25, we'll see up to 3 but not 4 Qb's including

Trevor Lawrence, and
(2 in the set of 4, but not all 4 of the set of Mac Jones, Justin Fields, and (trey lance or Zack Wilson).

Kyle Pitts TE will def. be gone in the top 15, top 10.

I'll have to add to this, (looking for the top 31 players likely to go.) 4 down, 27 spots remain.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawg Citizen
With the 26th pick in the first round of the 2021 NFL draft the hometown Cleveland Browns take Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, linebacker, Notre Dame.

What a great pick! The Browns improved their DL and secondary in free agency now they add a speedy, playmaking linebacker.

Fingers crossed!

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
E
Legend
Legend
E
1. Farley.
2. JOK
3. Barmore
4. Paye
5. Rousseau

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: eotab
1. Farley.
2. JOK
3. Barmore
4. Paye
5. Rousseau

Hahaha...not too far off for me (except I've started to lean away from JOK with the 3 safeties we already have and Hill in the slot).

I mean...there's still a chance that Parsons falls to 19-ish, right? smile

1.) Farley, farley, farley, farley, faaaaarrrrllleeeyyyy!
2) Christian Barmore (the only other guy in my top 20 I think may still be there in the 20's).
3) Kwity Paye
4) Azeez Ojulari
5) JOK
6) Greg Newsome II
7) Jalaen Phillips, if no other options (including possibly WR's)

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: RedBaron
Originally Posted By: eotab
1. Farley.
2. JOK
3. Barmore
4. Paye
5. Rousseau

Hahaha...not too far off for me (except I've started to lean away from JOK with the 3 safeties we already have and Hill in the slot).

I mean...there's still a chance that Parsons falls to 19-ish, right? smile

1.) Farley, farley, farley, farley, faaaaarrrrllleeeyyyy!
2) Christian Barmore (the only other guy in my top 20 I think may still be there in the 20's).
3) Kwity Paye
4) Azeez Ojulari
5) JOK
6) Greg Newsome II
7) Jalaen Phillips, if no other options (including possibly WR's)

was that a three amigos reference?

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
All Pro
All Pro
Naturally smile

I'll probably feel like Lucky Day if he's there.

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
T
Legend
Legend
T
This is going to be, TL's "players that won't be there at #26 overall so get dreams out of the clouds" list. ...

Overall, to random bpa, "he gone" or known pick, "he gone" list top 10 and beyond.

1. Trevor Lawrence, Qb, Clemson, - can't go round saying the Browns should pick Trevor Lawrence at 26 overall, same thing for guys who will go in the top 25 for sure.

2. Penei Sewell, OT Oregon, He ain't goin be there.

3. Micah Parsons Lb Penn St. He ain't goin be there.

4. Zach Wilson Qb, he's going #3 overall.
5. Ja'Marr Chase Wr, he's going to the Bengals
6. Kyle Pitts TE, Flor. is the next pick after the Bengals don't take him, (even if by trade up) He ain't goin be there at 26

7. Kwitty Paye Edge Mich. is not going to make it out of the top 8 picks.
8. Whomever the #2 Off. Line is, This time we'll say it's Christian Darrisaw Ot Virginia Tech. is going to be off the board in the top 8 picks.
9. DeVonta Smith Wr. Alabama,
10 The first Nose Tackle is going to come off in the top 12 picks, Barmore from Alabama.

11. Justin Fields, Qb Ohio State. beats out others for this pick .

12. Patrick Surtain, 1st Cb off the board.
13. Next Edge rusher Gregory Rousseau goes
14. Jaylen Waddle is too much of a threat at WR to fall any further
15. Here is where Jeremiah Owusu Koramoah, (JOK) goes, OLB's don't fall.
16. Edge rushers are just worth it, somebody picks Jaelan Phillips Edge rusher out of Miami (fl)

17. A chance to get the 1st Safety is BPA, Trevon Moehrig, S TCU goes here

18. CB next, Caleb Farley, Cb Virginia Tech
19. Whomever the 3rd OL is, ain't going to make it past pick 19, so, Rashawn Slater Northwestern OL, here

20.(getting down to brass tacks). who is still going to be avail. is the first Rb still going to fall 3 more spots? What about Trey Lance Qb, Mac Jones is still avail, Qb,

20. Azeez Ojulari Edge/OLb Georgia goes here, (I don't like it, but someone will.
21. it's a year for WR. and Kadarius Toney Wr. Florida gets somebody's love here.
22. (the steelers, #24) are going Rb in one of their first two rounds but Najee Harris Rb Alab. is not making it past this pick.

23. Joseph Ossai Edge rusher out of Texas, because he ain't going to be there at 26, so might as well get him out of the way now.

24. I'm going Travis Etienne Rb Clemson here, just too much to ignore,

25.Jaycee Horn CB , south Carolina , narrowly beating out a couple other players.

Then we have pick # 26 that's where the Browns pick, but these picks are not about assigning to a team, just who is most likely to go off the board to a random team.
#26- Jayson Oweh, edge Psu.

27. Terrace Marshall WR. LSU

28. Alijah Vera Tucker, OL USC.

29. Levi Onwuzurike DT, U-Washington.

30. Mac Jones, Qb, Alab, does not make it out of the first day of the draft

31.Jevon Holland (S) Oregon

32, Patrick Jones II, edge, Pitts.

33. Eric Stokes CB, Georgia

34. Zaven Collins Lb, Tulsa.

35. Rashod Bateman Wr. Minnesota

36. Dylan Moses ILB. Alabama.

37. Javonte Williams, Rb. North Carolina

38. Nick Bolton, OLB Missouri

39. Jaylen Mayfield, OT Michigan

40. Carlos Basham Jr. Edge. Wake Forest.

41. Trey Lance Qb N.Dakota st.

42. Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue

But that's just one web sites list based on and I think there will be more Db's represented.

Edit:https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/mock-draft-spotlight-jayson-oweh

Just for Sog, Here is the Baltimore Ravens just raving, gloating about how nice it would be if Jayson Oweh were there for them to select at Pick #27 overall.

Ravens are a decent org, obsessed with edge rushers this year,
They may have talked me into it, Browns should find an edge rusher no matter what.

NOT ZAVEN COLLINS, anybody but Zaven (throw away the pick) Collins,

Last edited by THROW LONG; 04/19/21 01:42 PM.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend

JOK played linebacker however on a good percentage of plays he covered the slot.

That is no easy task. Slot receivers are quick and fast. Slot receiver's run quick hitting plays. Just like the one that beat us against KC. Normally you have a slot corner like Hill.

When you have a guy like Koramoah it gives you great flexibility. Because he can do so much. Great speed and the ability to cover is a huge deal.

But when you watch his tape this guy gets after the run game and RPO's as well. He can force an offense into making mistakes.

When qb's roll right they look for that deep cross route to the sidelines or they take off.

I have seen him read run and close it down quickly.

One of the Browns biggest problems last year was speed in the second level.

JOK brings speed.

There is depth at corner in this draft. When you look at the linebackers Parsons is great but he will go early and cost to much to get.

Jamin looks like he could be good. He has the speed and can cover.

Koramoah on tape made more plays overall and that is why he is ranked higher.
==============================================

After the cutting Sheldon. I am sure Andrew has a plan for that position. I don't know if his plan is the draft at pick 26?

Barmore had some big moments. Saban will be consulted. Some have Levi Onwuzurike ranked over Barmore.
PFF has Barmore 12th, Levi 78th on their big Board.

Great inside defensive linemen are rare. The Aaron Donald's of the world are true gems. It is a hard position to really impact because the middle is clogged up with giants. You are inside the line. Lots going there. Also many plays are passes and many go wide.

Berry may want to accept average performance from the position and spend high capital elsewhere?

I have not really looked at the DT's in this draft.

Given where they took Elloitt in the third. Maybe they go that route again. However, if they see a real impact guy in Barmore then they should go for him.

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season 2021 NFL Draft Players that could be available at #26

Link Copied to Clipboard