Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
jfanent #1864297 05/15/21 02:50 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Can you imagine the emotional toll this will have on the ratbirds when we sweep them? They have to play us, the steelers and us again while we have a nice rest in between. Their season could end right there.

It should be mandated each divisional be game played once in the first half of the season, and once in the second half. One fast track, one slow track.

Schedule makers dropped the ball.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: BuckDawg1946
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Can you imagine the emotional toll this will have on the ratbirds when we sweep them? They have to play us, the steelers and us again while we have a nice rest in between. Their season could end right there.

It should be mandated each divisional be game played once in the first half of the season, and once in the second half. One fast track, one slow track.

Schedule makers dropped the ball.

In theory I agree, but as the league puts together a schedule you might end up with some teams playing 3 games in a row on the road, or back to back west coast trips, or whatever it might be.

The point is there are a lot of factors that have to be balanced that might not otherwise be if they were set by some mandate.

The only real mandate I can think of is each teams gets a Thursday night game and I don't think there is a coach or player in the league that likes those. You might end up with some team getting 2-3 of those.

Scheduling isn't a easy process.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1864346 05/15/21 01:07 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Now you have me feeling bad.

That was the point.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1864353 05/15/21 01:15 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A

Incorrect.

Once again, you have no clue.

P
Legend
Legend
P
So it's not what both Peen and I got out of it? Maybe it's not everyone else who is getting it wrong.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1864361 05/15/21 01:33 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Nobody cares what you got out of it except you.

Now, rush off to post in every thread again.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, Peen got it wrong too I guess.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
What is happening

Shhhhhhhhh.... just let it happen.

Creepiest post in a long while.

Back to the Schedule. I find it hard to find 10 wins.

Every team in the AFC got an extra home game, home games are easier, every team in the AFC that's good will have an extra win, therefore 10-7 won't get anyone a playoff berth in the AFC in the 2021-2022 season.

Basically, An early likelihood of Wins losses I expect them at 9-8, (Only meaning it will take an extreme effort to overcome this into a better record.)

9-8 losing only one home game "Pittsburgh" all year.

And Winning only one Road game all year, A split of
weeks 4 and 5
At Minnesota
At LA Chargers. (winning either or)

Until they do something special to overcome.

Browns don't play the Dolphins, Bills or Jets, so that makes the game
"At Patriots" that much bigger. (pats bye is week 14, very favorable)

We can Assume the Chiefs will win their division. But!

If either the Broncos, Chargers, or Raiders rise up for a wild card slot, these results would aggregate out to a tie break + or - with an AFC South team.
And that makes the Texans game, the home opener that much Bigger.

If the Steelers sweep the Browns, with 2-4 in the division, splitting with Cincy an Balt, the Browns would most likely miss the playoffs,
Have to find some way to finish better.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
PitDAWG #1864372 05/15/21 03:33 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Now you have me feeling bad.

That was the point.

I doubt it. Thinking back I felt bad at the time as well. That is just the way I am.

Arch is a friend. We have met on multiple occasions. The fact he is a friend is why I felt bad.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Dawg Citizen
Looking at the Browns schedule I predict their record will be 13-4. Their 4 losses will be @KC, @LA Chargers, @Balt., and @Pitt.

We always lose to Detroit and the Broncos. We will lose to one of them.
Detroit is going to be awful and one of the worst teams in the NFL. That will be an easy win for us. Browns play the Broncos at home so we should win that game also.

Detroit is Not going to be an easy win!
They've got Amon-Ra St. Brown, and Br. Perriman, and Goff to throw to them, Goff is no slouch.

and Detroit's D is no easy task either.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Ballpeen #1864375 05/15/21 03:45 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
It would seem odd to me if you felt bad had he have been a stranger.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
I remember asking you to let me know if you had tickets for sale. You never did, but you sold them to someone else. I never asked the price.

Odd.

Regardless, wife and I would like to go to the Browns Bears game, along with her sister and her husband, and their son. (he's 17 and a bears fan. he told his mom "I want to go to the Browns bears game with uncle Bobby)

5 tickets. I've been checking, and the prices now are beyond what we can - will - pay. I understand that. Tickets are a commodity that get sold at market value. If I had season tickets, I'd sell to the highest bidder also.

I've got season tickets this year. Not sure what games I'm looking to sell yet but when I do I'll PM you. I'll only ask face value which is 80 bucks.

There's a pretty good chance that Bears Browns game will be one of them.

T
Legend
Legend
T
OK! So, Every 13th year, or 7 years or so the Browns are a better team than usual, And I want to see, them, with, the opportunity,
to just Pounce on some other teams and dominate them.
And NFL scheduling, allows for some other 'upstart' team, who thinks they are 'something'
When really they are NOTHING, avoids playing the Browns, in the particular year where, the Browns would mop the floor with them.

And I'm rightfully angry at the NFL scheduling for denying me witnessing.

(Anybody who understands football, understands it's not linear. it's not, and never has been a case of, Well if A beats B badly, and B beats C badly then when C plays A, C has no chance.) (Quite the contrary, it is such a nuanced game,
That team C might be designed to absolutely Murtilate! A, but that process of design means they uphill struggle vs. B in the first place.

The problem is, there are two teams that are built like A, like both A's (and this isn't a first 2nd, 3rd ranking just random variables used to describe).
and one team, is a lesser versioin of the A model, but thinks they are the 'stuff!'
and another team, (Maybe my favorite, The Browns) are a Better Version of the A model, and knows they would take that :stuff- version team, and Knock em to the Ground!

But the schedule makers (random-ity/ness) causes My team, the Browns, to play a C model team, instead, and by design, even if they're a lesser version, Teams built like design A, struggle uphill with C model teams.

And then! We get a skewed sense of reality, where MY TEAM, DOESN'T GET TO MOP THE FLOOR,
And it's like in Boxing where one fighter ducks the opportunity for a match against a better boxer, because he knows he'd get his tail kicked.

And it's very Frustrating.

And when It's the Browns, who aren't in a position to be the dominant floor mopper but instead are in 'rebuild' 6 out of 7 years, the missed opportunities are even more frustrating!

For instance. in 2001-2002,
William Green! Tim Couch! and the 4 Deuces! K.JOhnson, Q.Morgan, A(e)Davis, and D.Northcutt,
Never got to mop the Floor, with the San Diego Upstart nothings!
(very frustrating imo)

in 2020-2021, The Browns! are going to uphill battle against the C model patriots w/ crazy QB situation,
But Won't get a chance, (because of scheduling)

To MOP THE FLOOR W/the upstart, lesser, Tua Lua loser Dolphins, for the 2nd year in a row, and after 2021, who knows who is coming back to the roster.
(Very Frustrating imo)

How frustrating? Here is a thought, (31, games, 21:00 total minutes long in game clock, play every team in the NFL once on the schedule, 10: minute first half, 11: minute 2nd half)
I never have to miss my Favorite Browns' chance, to Mop the Floor, with a lesser built, sorry team, who ducks the fight, by randomness of schedule.

It'll never happen and it shouldn't but I should get a chance to see the other matchups' that never occur.

If there is ONE MORE thing the NFL IS GETTING WRONG

It's Traditional matchups, the ole, Bears vs. Packers' PUKE!!
Redskins vs. Cowboys' PUKE!!

The NFL thinks they are a good thing. NO! THEY ARE DELUSIONAL!

TV Producers, and old NFL minds, Don't understand.

(Imagine if they realigned all the divisions every 16 years, Whoa! Wow, and all 32 teams were in a new division. Imagine how much better the NFL would be.)

They just aren't getting it!

E
Legend
Legend
E
Looking at the Browns schedule I predict their record will be 13-4. Their 4 losses will be @KC, @LA Chargers, @Balt., and @Pitt.

We always lose to Detroit and the Broncos. We will lose to one of them.
Detroit is going to be awful and one of the worst teams in the NFL. That will be an easy win for us. Browns play the Broncos at home so we should win that game also.

This team does not carry any of the woeful baggage of the past. Who we always lost to is a history never to be seen for quite a while.

Just like the Steeler mystic is over and done and I see a turn on Ravens.

Broncos, Lions are not teams we should have problems with.

jmho a new era is here regarding the Browns. We got to get use to it.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
eotab #1864413 05/16/21 09:26 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
I hope so.

Nearly every time we have been favored to beat the Lions, and don't.

Like you said, it's a new year.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I don't know what William Shatner taught you about the use of commas, but he's wrong.

None of the past matters when looking at this year's teams. Last year is a marginal indicator on the coming season, but only as a general baseline. NONE of that other stuff has any bearing, whatsoever.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum 2021 Schedule

Link Copied to Clipboard