Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Our %rushing attempts trended up for a few games

I'll venture a guess and say that it was a three game weather-game stretch where you saw this.

And the Jets game where our entire WR room was out due to stupidity over Covid-19. crazy

I thought the same thing, but then looked it up. It seems the Jets were bent on stopping the run, and the running game wasn't up to the challenge...

Mayfield ~ 28-53-285

Run game 18 rushes 45 yards

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
We also averaged only slightly over 5 yards/pass attempt, which was anemic for Baker, especially last year.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
E
Legend
Legend
E
I went to Team stats of NFL website. I see what you are saying your eyes told you which in my book is KEY wink

It probably is so as the O started to come together the discipline of routes along with us establishing ourselves as a running team so that teams started committing to the run and our play action was now a thing of beauty.

I also get it that we had a numerical balance in Runs and Passes.
But over and over we heard that our OFFENSE is predicated on the run game and establishing the PLAY ACTION PASS!!

We don't need STATS all we got to do is watch the games and we can see us establishing the run with Chubb and Hunt. That didn't mean we didn't throw the ball early. Especially if teams later in the season would game plan to stop the run so obviously the passing game was acceptable.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
O
Legend
Legend
O
That stats page (and pretty much all others) doesn't break out any stats by game, it just gives the overall average. I was hoping to see a trend after putting each week's stats next to each other, but I didn't. Maybe there were short (3-4 week) trends at points in the year, but that's the extent that I could see.

Again, I'm sorry my technical stupidity is preventing me from posting a screenshot.

The week-to-week numbers (IMO) seem to support the argument that our preference to run or pass more is dependent on gameday factors (opponent strengths/weaknesses and gameplan, weather, momentum of the game... in no particular order)... with the understanding that, compared to the rest of the NFL, we are going to run it A LOT, regardless.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
E
Legend
Legend
E
Google exactly what you want just using key words and maybe you will get lucky fingerscrossed

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

T
Legend
Legend
T
https://www.4for4.com/2021/preseason/anthony-schwartz-low-risk-fantasy-flier-rookie

I wasn't going to copy paste this article because of the star wars stuff until I looked at the diagram of measurable at the very end.
Article about his fantasy value.

I was just looking at that diagram of measurables, seems about as expected, expected, expected,
verticle jump? 12th percentile?

My question is with an Anthony Schwartz type player does a 12th percentile vertical jump limit his potential use in the red zone, even on inside the 10yd line plays,
even all plays in field goal range, plays from the 30 on in, (all plays beyond the 50?)

Answer NO of course not, it just makes it, however, a little bit more puzzling to get him the ball.

Now, also from the article, it claims his short pass production and make something happen paints that type of picture, and I'll say, those kind of plays,
the NFL is the league where those type of plays are best defended on a regular basis.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

If WRs are consistently having to jump for balls at the 30 to 50 yard lines, as you seem to elude to, maybe their QB needs to be more accurate. I think ours is good enough to keep his WRs feet on the ground and moving forwards. Braylon Edwards had a better vertical. I recall seeing him try to make jump catches on balls thrown at his hip level. Having the hops doesn’t make you a great WR. Much as not having the hops will make you a bad one.
I’ll let the kid hit the field before I start digging into his supposed deficiencies. Much as I’ll hold my praise until he proves praise worthy… except my wishing him well and liking his speed.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
You don't tend to need to jump as much when you outrun the CB by five yards.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
You don't tend to need to jump as much when you outrun the CB by five yards.

I basically agree.

The problem these days is QB's rarely lead or over throw a deep ball. I think they are trained to do that.

I understand why. A overthrown ball falls incomplete. A QB laying it up there at least has a chance to be caught or draw a interference penalty..

I guess the thinking is it is up to the receiver to keep the DB from catching it

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
Legend
T
The whole thing I was trying to diagram with words, does not have anyone jumping up for a ball at the 30.

If the LOS, line of scrimmage is at the opponents 1 yard line, since the end zone is only 10 yards deep, then the room to get behind a defense is only somewhere in that 11 yard window.

If the LOS, line of scrimmage is at a teams own 1 yard line, then the ability to get behind a defense to the back of the other end zone is somewhere in a 109 yard window. (So a little more room.)

But teams always try to get out of the shadow of their own endzone by staying away from a play like that. I figure, a specific type of play, is best suited for about the, 15, ,, if the LOS is from your own 15, to about the 50 yard line,
Maybe 25 to the opponents 40,(35, or 30) either way about 1/3rd of the field- to 40%. (Positive) So 2/3rds of the field, to 60% of the places the line of scrimmage could be, (negative) that one specific route may be off the table.
It doesn't hurt to have a good vertical jump, for the other routes and jump balls on the sidelines and end zone lines.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Therein lies the confusion. Schwartz is a run past the defense receiver, and you are talking about a high-point the ball receiver. That's not why they drafted Schwartz. Peoples-Jones is more the high-point guy.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend
The real joy of this thread will be once we see how they're using him, all the different comments we'll have about how he's a bust because they aren't/won't/can't use him in all these other ways.

We really should just put him out to pasture now and be done with it.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

O
Legend
Legend
O
There's DPJ, Njoku, and Hooper to catch balls thrown from the goal line. Not to mention the threat of Chubb and/or Hunt to punch it in.

Schwartz is a potential dimension to this O that wasn't there before he was drafted.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
E
Legend
Legend
E
Njoku is our Goal line leaper...

jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

P
Legend
Legend
P

I had no idea he was a vegetarian.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

I had no idea he was a vegetarian.

He is? Well, now we definitely need to be done with him.

Browns is the Browns

T
Legend
Legend
T
That assumes there will ever be a time we get to see how the team actually uses him.

As Keegan Micheal Keye once said, (What happens when we assume?)
You! Get! The! Answer! Right!!!

(More seriously,) How is his hamstring?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
How is his hamstring?

still wrapped around the deli meat?

I'd say that the best answer, without knowing specifics, is "resting until Training Camp".

Browns is the Browns

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season 2021 NFL Draft Browns Draft WR Anthony Schwartz

Link Copied to Clipboard