Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Legend
Legend
O
Isn't SOP to give the starters a single series in all preseason games (except for the 4th one, in previous years)?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Isn't SOP to give the starters a single series in all preseason games (except for the 4th one, in previous years)?

Yes, but this is a weird year,, only three games in preseason... I heard on NFL XM that quite a few teams are holding back on starting QB's in the first game

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I can't wait to see KC.

Nothing else matters!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

I hope 0 of our starters play.

The preseason should be to let the backups play and get better and possibly find a hidden gem or two.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
B
Legend
Legend
B

I think all of that stuff changed since we had no preseason games last year, proving that work in the actual games is meaningless.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

The one player who I will pay the most attention to is Jeremiah Owusu Koramora.

He was the player I wanted most in the draft.

I really believe in this young man. And I expect him to play well.

Curious about Greedy. I like him. I want him to succeed. I really liked him coming out of college. He has great feet and good length. He is a good press corner. He needs to get out there and leave the injury behind. He worked hard to get back. Hopefully, he plays well.

B
Legend
Legend
B
One other thing I will be watching is defensive communications. It seemed "off" last year.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I’d like to see our backups look competent. Back up OL and safety especially. And I’d like Keenum to be average and not a liability

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
I want to see Greedy, Newsome, and JOK. I want to see the defense look like it knows what it's doing overall, without the blatant mistakes of last year's team.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I expect rookie mistakes and hope for no injuries.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
T
Rookie
Rookie
T
I know we're supposed to be sitting most/all starters, but I don't see how John Johnson doesn't get on the field...safeties 2-4 are all out with hamstrings. Are we gonna get 100% game snaps from safeties 5 and 6?

T
Legend
Legend
T
I want to see Kiondre Thomas play and make some plays. UDFA Corner out of Kansas st. iirc.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
I was watching a Teller video from last year, and it reminded me that we still have Drew Forbes on the roster. I haven't heard a thing about him thus far ..... of course I haven't really heard much about any of the OL thus far.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: bonefish

The one player who I will pay the most attention to is Jeremiah Owusu Koramora.

He was the player I wanted most in the draft.

I really believe in this young man. And I expect him to play well.

Curious about Greedy. I like him. I want him to succeed. I really liked him coming out of college. He has great feet and good length. He is a good press corner. He needs to get out there and leave the injury behind. He worked hard to get back. Hopefully, he plays well.

I thought Greedy when he did play needed a lot of work. He needs to play well that is for sure. I view him as depth at this point Newsome will get the starts I believe??

I expect JOK to flash, he has a lot of catching up to do and I think will play a very small roll in the Browns defense this year at least to start as he masters one alignment at a time. He is going to be a stud, but it is likely to take time. I really trust our coaches to handle him just right. It's so important for young players to have some time to develop and I also think it's why we had so many failures with past draft picks. Build up his confidence work him in areas that lead to success and grow his roll as he shows he can handle it.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I was watching a Teller video from last year, and it reminded me that we still have Drew Forbes on the roster. I haven't heard a thing about him thus far ..... of course I haven't really heard much about any of the OL thus far.

At he least it is interesting, possibly troubling that we haven't heard anything about Forbes.

He might be a guy to watch and see if and when he is used.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Mostly I want to see improvement from the defense.
How good Greg Newsome is and if he can be a shut down corner.
See how good JOK is and if he can improve our LB core.
Want to see improvement from Mack Wilson.
If Clowney still has it and can improve our D-line.

On offense Baker will probably play a series or two or not at all. Want to see how Keenum does and improvement from the O-line.

T
Legend
Legend
T
The Cornerbacks should be the biggest worries.

So they have 3 reliable corners, and one of them is a rookie.

I hope the UDFA's step up, because ... somebody!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
I can't wait to see KC.

Nothing else matters!

Well SB, you asked for it, you gotta it. Toyota!!!

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I wouldn't read to much into it. Our Oline was awesome and everyone is returning. Pretty much end of story.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Communication or execution. Good calls, crappy tackling lame coverage on the back end.

I want to see some crisp defense, Keenum to stand out, and an OL that has some depth. Part of what I hope to see is what I hope I don't see: Injuries and penalties, in that selfsame order. Hope we play tough and get off the field. Starters should stay off the field as much as possible.

Really want to see the defense. Want to see how big and deep the rotation will be, and what the PS might look like. This year more than ever since the Return, we will be cutting talent, not just flushing the wrong guys. Luck to all. Kick some tonight. brownie

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
P
Legend
Legend
P
What makes it so hard is usually our depth is playing against their depth. So trying to project how that would translate in a regular season game against an opponents staring caliber players is something that's damned near impossible to determine.

You can certainly look at their technique, Keenum's accuracy and such. But with better CB's and S's, better pass rushers who might apply more pressure, would he do as well?

I'll just be happy to see some Browns football. But over the years I've learned it isn't really going to tell me much big picture. I've seen us go 4-0 in the preseason and then suck all year.

Naturally we have the talent now that I can't see anything like that happening but it's a strong indication that you really can't garner much insight from preseason.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
rofl I originally thought, that I remember from about 1980-1982. But

TTTdawg (and I can't see his video or picture, has referenced an advertisement that google says. After an example from 1978, and 1976.
see.
" you asked for it, you got it! Toyotta-" was a tagline from a commercial
from Toyottas American campaign throughout the 1970's.
much along the times of
"coke is it"! or
"plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is" for tumms. or something.

also, I'm a pepper he's a pepper, she's a pepper, wouldn't you like to be a pepper too, but I understand so many people were born much younger
they missed out,
they missed out on cars that could do a burnout, and sound like a, sound like a lion.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
I understand so many people were born much younger

We were all born at the same age. Newborns.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
How 'bout what I don't want to see... ever again...

AJ McCarron has no business playing QB. Talk about us dodging a bullet. In his Atlanta debut he was 5 of 12 for 36 yards and two terrible interceptions thrown directly to the defender. This is an honest assessment, regardless of who posted it:

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend

Jeremiah plays linebacker but in many ways he reminds me of Ed Reed.

JOK has that ability to knife past blockers much like Reed use to. It is a matter of slipping past blockers not letting them get to you clean.

I saw him do it on a couple plays.

I expected him to play well. There were probably things he messed up. But, once he gets comfortable inside the defense and he knows his assignments. He will be a star.

He can cover a slot and shoot a gap on a blitz. That is because of his skill set. He has unique natural ability.

IMO he will improve each game. He will be a factor in games.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I wouldn't read to much into it. Our Oline was awesome and everyone is returning. Pretty much end of story.

I wasn't reading much in to it. It's just that much was made of the guy 2 years ago before the opt out, and now nothing. I find it a bit troubling from the standpoint that he isn't being mentioned, not from the standpoint I was counting on him to start or anything like that.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I haven't heard much about any of our backup OL, except for when reporters as about the kid we took this year in the draft.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I just don't think many eyes are on the Oline depth. Pretty much any other positional group has a more compelling story going on in it.

-PrplPplEater
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 23 Jacksonville 13 What do you want to see?

Link Copied to Clipboard