Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Legend
Legend
Definitely good to see you, dna!

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Heh, dnadawg and thedawggene, I think I see a hereditary connection. brownie

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
T
Legend
Legend
T
Someone made a big difference about Shoorters vs. Scorers in point guards, obviously scorers are better.
Baker is a scorer, that's why he gets wins. Shooters might have 300 yards but lose.

Here is my Qb list iigias, I did make before last nights preseason games, the thing is, is there are only 32 nfl starting jobs. But that doesn't mean the best are starting. (for where they are wrong and should be moved up or down or removed from or added to the list.
1 Tom Brady
2 Aaron Rodgers
3.Patrick Mahommes ( KC
4. Josh Allen (buffalo
5. Benn Roethlsiburger (pitts
6 Russell Wilslon (Seattle
7. Matt Ryan (Atl
8# . Baker Mayfield (Cleveland Browns
9. Kirk Cousins (minn
10. Dakarist Prescott (Cowboys
11 Lamarr Jackson (Baltimore
12. Ryan Tannehill (Tennessee
13. Matt Stafford ( LA Rams
14. Derrick Carr (Lv Raiders
15. Cam Newton (patriots
16. Justin Herbert (LA chargers
17. Joe Burrow ( Cincinnati
18. Tua Taglaviola ( Miami
19. Kyler Murray ( ariz.
20. Jared Goff (Detroit
21. Jimmy Garopolo (49ers
22. Justin fields (chic
23. Carson Wentz ( indy
24. Trevor Lawrence ( Jacksonville
25. Case Keenum, Browns back up
26. Ryan Fitzpatrick ( Washington
27. Nick Foles ( Bears 3rd.
28. Mitch Trubiske ( buffalo back up
29. Teddy Bridgewater (Denver battle2
30. Dewayne Haskins (pitt 3
31. Marcus Mariotta (lv raiders
32. Taysome Hill ( New Orleans
33. Jalen Hurtz ( phila.
34. Drew Lock (Denver
35. Trey Lance (49ers, (name was originally mixed up)
36. Mason Rudolph (Pittsburgh
37. Zach Wilson, (jets. (originaly had Lance twice remembering the rookies names wrong
38. Mack Jones ( New England 2
39. Jameis Winston (saints battle
40. Andy Dalton (Chicago
41. Colt McCoy (Arizona
42. AJ McCarron ( Atlanta
43. Chad Henne ( KC 2
44. Sam Darnold ( Carolina
45. Daniel Jones ( NY Giants.

46. Tyrod Taylor (Houston
47. Joe Flacco (Philadelphia
48. Gardner Minshew (Jacksonville
49. Davis Mills ( Houston
50. Sam Ehlinger ( Indy.
51. Kellen Mond ( Minn.
52. Kyle Boller (LA rams 2
53. Jordan Love ( green baye
54. Brandon Allen ( Cincinnati 2
55. Garrett Gilbert ( dallas 2
56. Blaine Gabbert (tampa bay 4
beyond- other backups including Kyle trask in tampa bay
Jacob Eason in indy, Dishone Kizer recently waived from Tennessee, Matt Barkeley who replaced him and many others. Heinecke, Easton Sthick, Chase Daniel, Kyle Lauletta, C.J. Beathard, Trace Mcorley, Geno Smith, and I think there is a rule that no qb list can continue past Geno Smith. But others.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Thanks PRPL!

And you can tell I’m not the most creative, W84. L

Browns fans are born with it...
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
THROW,

Everyone has an opinion on these things, but I’m not seeing your logic here. I thought at first, you were demoting guys with short histories, but then Allen is top 5, Tua above Kyler and Goff, and Lawrence hasn’t taken a snap but is above more proven guys.

And clearly it isn’t on potential, as you don’t have Baker in top 5, and most of the young talented guys are all low. Is this just all on gut feeling? 2021 performance projection? Seriously, not trying to be snarky, just can’t follow your thinking with this list.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
They had a current Steeler starter (Cam Heyward) talk up Baker? No sympathy from me, but that's brutal. You can see from the look on his face that he didn't enjoy saying a single part of that.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think it would be painful for anyone who got their ass kicked by him the last two times they played against each other. smile

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
smile

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

IMO Baker will soar up the charts this year.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

It is easy to look at guys with the physical dimensions of say Josh Allen and think that's what a qb should look like.

That is how Mike Tannen-bum views quarterbacks. His comment about Baker being mediocre is one of the most ridiculous comments I have heard.

Leadership means something and is often overlooked.

Tannen-bum extended Mark Sanchez. A quaterback who needed a course in leadership from Brian Schottenheimer.

If someone believes Baker does not have arm talent. They simply do not know what arm talent is or, have not watched Baker.

Baker is a franchise quarterback.

O
Legend
Legend
O
There's some cherrypicking of stats going on there. The Baker situation since he was drafted isn't as cut-and-dry as Greenberg likes to think. But what he's saying is why I'm having a hard time keeping excitement low for this season. Baker definitely has the capability, and we've finally put him under a coach that isn't a joke and have him operating within an org that is competent, if not well-run.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: dnadawg
THROW,

Everyone has an opinion on these things, but I’m not seeing your logic here. I thought at first, you were demoting guys with short histories, but then Allen is top 5, Tua above Kyler and Goff, and Lawrence hasn’t taken a snap but is above more proven guys.

And clearly it isn’t on potential, as you don’t have Baker in top 5, and most of the young talented guys are all low. Is this just all on gut feeling? 2021 performance projection? Seriously, not trying to be snarky, just can’t follow your thinking with this list.

Oh sure, I went and took several minutes searcing for the top 3 qbs' of each team franchise on google. I also started to make a top 10 list, and a bottom of the nfl list and a list of qb's a hater would put above Baker. Then I put the rookies in a group, gathered my opinions of what I've seen and heard over years of being a fan and just a fan, and only watching the sport from a fans perspective. And feelings of ups or downs and prejudging things like memories of , well like,( Alex Smith was talked up because he played 3 games back from his horrific injury in 2020, but he was so immobile, and a bad arm talent he never should have been given the roster spot except as a token of ya know good feelings, - things like that.)
Then, largely I put them into small groups, you know like draft one by one, pick the very best as Qb 1, and then a lot of the time, it's if, if, if these 3, if 3 of these were on your team right now, Right now, no bs, who would you say, who could you get behind this player should start! this one should start!
and then, part of it has to do with, you have to throw in what situation that Qb is actually in and what kind of year you would expect they may have in 2021, we can't totally disregard that.

So basically, I feel, I could get behind the arugment that everyone of those Qbs that are higher on my list, I'd rather start over any one of them lower on the list, if I had the choice of any two of them. (which obviously would invite some unforeseen undefendable position because of the size). (But Just do it! nike)

And, I've got Baker at #8, but that's bull because I still say on any given day, Baker is a Top 6 Qb in this league, consistently, every time, and the only thing that changes, is who the other 5 are.
And I don't know squat about Easton Stickt and don't want to, so some were left off.
If all were on the team, who could start in a depth chart order.
I thought about 3 others, DeShaun Watson 5, Philip Rivers, and Alex Smith, and then Drew Brees also.
(Texans Fans podcasts talk like Watson isn't an option to play.)

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: bonefish

I really believe that Baker is primed to explode this year.

I also believe that it would have happened sooner had he not come into such a dysfunctional situation.

I also believe its nearly time to prepare the popcorn and put some cold ones on ice, this is going to be one hell of a ride.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Brown to the Bone

I also believe that it would have happened sooner had he not come into such a dysfunctional situation.

I also believe its nearly time to prepare the popcorn and put some cold ones on ice, this is going to be one hell of a ride.

Party at Bone's place!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
T
Legend
Legend
T
23 Days until the games count and the team must be able to overcome adversity. Is it too soon to get tough on the Starters?

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: FATE

Party at Bone's place!

Oh man I wished, I would be so proud to meet all of you and just have fun talking Browns football. Sure would be a great party.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

All in boys.

It would be a blast.

There is so much to like about everything Browns right now.

Team. A four letter word that seems to tell the whole story.

Everything that we can see spells team. KS has molded professionalism into the culture.

I could not be more stoked.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

All in boys.

It would be a blast.

There is so much to like about everything Browns right now.

Team. A four letter word that seems to tell the whole story.

Everything that we can see spells team. KS has molded professionalism into the culture.

I could not be more stoked.

I am so pumped for this season I keep asking is this real?

And the great part it is. It's so different to come here and not have disagreements about really everything but instead all agree we have a great chance to win it all. The only thing left to do really is to enjoy it, support it and yeah throw a few back in celebration.

The sad part for me personally is I would truly love to make a game or two this year but I simply can't next year I think I will be able to if I can get these damned health issues behind me. But man I so look forward to hooking up with some Browns fans we all have been kicking it with for years and to just enjoy the moment and this is going to be a great year for us I just know it. The suffering is over.

I am the guy you see in the seats with tears streaming down his face cause I am so happy. The moments that I believe are about to unfold will stay with me for a life time I just know it.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I think that had we gone with Gregg Williams instead of Freddy Baker would be further along in his development. However, the Browns as a whole would be capped with how successful we could be whereas suffering through Kitchens to get to Stefanski has the sky as the limit.

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
P
Legend
Legend
P

Sorry, I just couldn't help it! wink

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
Originally Posted By: thedawggene
Dude, your takes are always so bad, I shouldbn't be surprised. I can put together a clip from the second half of 2020, when Baker has been at his best, and still show you numerous throws I'm talking about. So could you...watch any game highlight clip you want. It's frankly not even that controversial. So what if his ball placement is not always perfect? I was just pointing out the fact that it wasn't, and that many fans take Baker's strength and exaggerate them beyond the truth, which isn't necessary.

Vers?

Originally Posted By: thedawggene
Haha, I wish I had his knowledge of the game, for sure. His attitude, maybe not so much. Sorry if you see it that way, though.

Haha. That is funny. And you show up exactly when his last offline activity was on this board in 2020. Lol. And you are acquainted with his posting persona. Hahahaha.

rofl Oh please, I hope this is true.

Tackles are tackles.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I don't.

-PrplPplEater
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Which agenda was he onboard with? Hue didn't get a fair shot, or Sashi didn't get a fair shot, or Dorsey didn't get a fair shot?

VERS was abrasive and I never understood the "team FO" vs. "team coach" things that went on here, but he knew more football than I do, and more than most of you, from what I can tell. Speaking of, he and DIAM used to have it out quite a bit, and that was someone who knew a lot, too. Is he still around?

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
He finished at 48,522 posts. He was too smart for the board ("knew more than most of you") and was rewarded with entrance to posters Valhalla where abrasive posters duel all day and feast all night.

And what did happen to Diam?

Legend
Legend
He finished at 48,522 posts. He was too smart for the board ("knew more than most of you") and was rewarded with entrance to posters Valhalla where abrasive posters duel all day and feast all night.

Diamond is still around, he has said he has gotten tired (or bored) of posting.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Pdawg

Diamond is still around, he has said he has gotten tired (or bored) of posting.
He's graduated to chucking grenades into PP and walking away.

-PrplPplEater
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Expectations for Baker

Link Copied to Clipboard