Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
FrankZ Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Howdy

We plan on being in Russel Springs KY for the 10/3 game against the Vikings. I know we have Browns' fans everywhere and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on where to watch.

I don't mind a bar or whatever, but I would love to have a place me and my sweetie can watch the game.

If you have ideas please let me know.

Thank you

Legend
Legend
United States KY Bowling Green Dawg Pound of Western Kentucky
United States KY Lexington Bluegrass Browns Backers
United States KY Whitesburg East Kentucky Browns Backers

https://fans.clevelandbrowns.com/backer-tracker/clubs

I'm sure some Dawg will help you further. Enjoy either way!

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
FrankZ Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I've been hoping to keep it under an hour drive from where we are staying.

I did look at the Backers and I might have to go that route.

Thank you for the response though.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Not sure about that Hour, Russell Springs by map is pretty remote, how far is Nashville.

(the back end of nowhere)

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: FrankZ

I didn't do a lot of checking, but I wouldn't count on Russell Springs for any viewing of the game unless you luck out and it is on local TV.

I don't know who's idea that was, but it probably wasn't yours.

Sounds like some relative is getting married. If you need some help, let me know. I am good at getting out of that sort of thing. If it is your girlfriends idea, you've got to lay down some parameters my friend.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Isn't Russell Springs still dry ?

FrankZ Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

I didn't do a lot of checking, but I wouldn't count on Russell Springs for any viewing of the game unless you luck out and it is on local TV.

Sounds like some relative is getting married. If you need some help, let me know. I am good at getting out of that sort of thing. If it is your girlfriends idea, you've got to lay down some parameters my friend.

I am really looking forward to seeing family, I just want to watch the game too.

I have Sunday Ticket and I believe I can see it on my tablet as a last resort, but I was hoping for a bigger screen.

FrankZ Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
With my neices it won't stay that way.

nanner

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
Isn't Russell Springs still dry ?

I have been up to Jamestown Tn, several times, both for work and to visit Alvin York's homestead/museum which is near there, and it was dry, as is most of that area. Seeing that the town in question might be 40-50 miles away, I'd say the chances are good. You best pack your own unless you know a "shiner" or bootlegger selling out of their trunk.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
What I do know is that being dry is determined in most cases by county. Those two locations are in different states and that certainly means different counties.

Russell County Kentucky, where Russell Springs Ky. is located became a wet county in 2016.

Russell County becomes a wet county

https://www.wbko.com/content/news/Russell-County-becomes-wet-county-366009321.html

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
FrankZ Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
In November the get together was in a dry county in AR. Booze was not an issue.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
What I do know is that being dry is determined in most cases by county. Those two locations are in different states and that certainly means different counties.

Russell County Kentucky, where Russell Springs Ky. is located became a wet county in 2016.

Russell County becomes a wet county

https://www.wbko.com/content/news/Russell-County-becomes-wet-county-366009321.html

Yes, I know they are in different states. I also know that area of the country is very similar.

I didn't know if they were or weren't. Just basing it off my experience of 20 years ago and why I said there was a good chance, and as with any chance, that means it could be different.

Thanks for taking the time to look up the current status
that evidently changed 5 years ago.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

I am really looking forward to seeing family, I just want to watch the game too.

I have Sunday Ticket and I believe I can see it on my tablet as a last resort, but I was hoping for a bigger screen.

If they have a smart TV, cast your tablet to their TV, if they don't, spend the $20 on a Google Chromecast and attach it to their TV and cast through that and watch it on TV.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Ok, after a quick search, there appears to be a place called Buffalo Wings & Rings in Somerset, KY, which is about half an hour from Russell Springs and they have 39 TVs and advertise having the NFL Sunday Ticket, which would mean they should show all the games.

Buffalo Wings & Rings, Somerset, KY

yebat' Putin
FrankZ Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I saw the one in Danville. I don't know how I missed that one.

Are they any good? One thing I had hoped was someone with direct knowledge of the area would chime in.

Thank you for pointing out this one. I appreciate it.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I have been to a wings and rings..down in Fla. They are similar to Buffalo wild wings. I didn't think as good, but hey, we are talking wings and burgers here...how good or bad can they be?

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
I've been to a couple in the Cinci area, and I found it to be same as BWW... though neither place is my preference as far as food goes.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
I saw the one in Danville. I don't know how I missed that one.

Are they any good? One thing I had hoped was someone with direct knowledge of the area would chime in.

Thank you for pointing out this one. I appreciate it.

I have no idea if they are any good. I was just trying to find a place for you to watch the game. I thought that was the mission, not critique the menu and the service. rofl

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's actually odd that Frank Z brought up Danville Ky. Back in the early eighties I was still applying polyurethane roofing systems and we did a college in Danville. So I know what you mean about areas being similar in dry areas. Hell, we had to go all the way to Lexington to buy beer. No matter how much beer we brought with us we always managed to run out by the middle of the week. naughtydevil

They did have one interesting thing I had never seen before. The locals called them "set up joints". Where after the bars closed you could go to what looked very much like a bar. The only thing is they would sell you the soda and mixers and you brought your own booze.

It's hard to tell how much things have changed since then.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Cumberland lake is near Russells Springs Kentucky.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Cumberland

Sounds like they have some nice fishing. Large records.

FrankZ Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
So a funny thing happened on the way to Russel Springs, evidently we are just east enough to have the game on TV and not get the Titans here.

Yay!

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Russell Springs, Kentucky Browns Viewing

Link Copied to Clipboard