Print Thread
#1876845 08/20/21 11:05 AM
N
Dawg Talker
OP Online
Dawg Talker
N
I know it is only a preseason game-
but it is my first game in a couple of years and my first game ever in club seats;

couple questions;
Has anyone seen if/how long the first string is playing?

Are we still under same covid restrictions from last year?

Does the club area open when the stadium opens-2 hours before kickoff?

Also seeing what to do/where to go before and or after. Haven't talked too much to my son yet other than we may just find a place to park and check out the club lounge (he is 17) and maybe find somewhere after the game to sit outside like shooters. Any other suggestions.

My kids also bought me and my son lower level above the tunnel tix for the ratbirds game in December. I am already thinking that game is for the division-

Legend
Legend
Club area is open when the stadium opens. Get there early if you want food, lines can be a bit long closing in on game time. Great experience -- love the Clubs.

To my knowledge all covid restrictions have been relaxed. The Browns website still contains info from last year and all I can find is "old news" on the web.

Have a blast!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
B
Legend
Legend
B
I have club seats...lake club.

It opens when the stadium opens. I have never had a problem getting food, but I do go in earlier. I was going to say, if you want a nice seat by the windows, go at 11 AM. The views out over the lake are great. I am sure the city side is just as nice.

Have a good time.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
I meant to add, since you have never been in club seats before, you will have to show your tickets for scan a 2nd time to enter the club area, so keep your phone handy. The actual entrances to the clubs are around all the goal lines. You can walk the entire length of the club section, so it doesn't really matter from which end you enter.

Let me know how you like it...I am in section 330 of the lake clubs, but won't be at the game. I only make my near 600 mile drive for real games.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Heading up there tomorrow as well with my son and my neighbor and his son. We both have club seats as well. We weren't able sell our seats so might as well go.

Fate is correct that Covid restrictions are relaxed.

The only thing I'd add is that cash is no longer accepted in the stadium. Everything is card only. My guess is this a Covid measure the Browns implemented to limit fan and employee interaction.

Lindey's Lake House has a good outdoor seating area on the water in the East Bank of the Flats to go to after the game. Been a few times with the family.

https://lindeyslakehouse.com/

Have fun!

B
Legend
Legend
B
Alley cats on the east bank of the warehouse district is one of our favs.

https://www.alleycatoysterbar.com/

Check that...east bank

Last edited by Ballpeen; 08/20/21 07:01 PM.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

The only thing I'd add is that cash is no longer accepted in the stadium. Everything is card only. My guess is this a Covid measure the Browns implemented to limit fan and employee interaction.

https://lindeyslakehouse.com/

Have fun!

I'm a cash guy, Thx for the heads up. I'm not going to be there but good to know.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
Alley Cat is good spot, too. Right on the water. Eaten there a few times.

Collision Bend Brewery is another spot to consider with a patio on the water. Also in the East Bank of the Flats.

https://www.collisionbendbrewery.com/

N
Dawg Talker
OP Online
Dawg Talker
N
Thanks all;
My son wants to go in right at 11 and I am ok with that. I want to stroll around a little bit.
I forget and my phone is in the other room but I am pretty sure we are in section 309

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: northlima dawg
Thanks all;
My son wants to go in right at 11 and I am ok with that. I want to stroll around a little bit.
I forget and my phone is in the other room but I am pretty sure we are in section 309

That is the way to do it...I do and have been in the clubs maybe 8-9 years now. Grab a good spot to sit. Then 1 at a time walk the concourse from one end to the other, check out the vendors and what not. Grab a drink, get some food. Oh...check the seats to see which entry allows the easiest access to your actual seats where you don't have to walk through as many people.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
N
Dawg Talker
OP Online
Dawg Talker
N
Thanks all for the advise;
we got to our lot just before 10-ate something at the car and got to the gate about 10 minutes before they opened.
We were one of the first in the Club level-checked out the club, -went to our seats and checked them out-then went downstairs by the tunnels until just before kickoff-there were a couple dozen giants fans down by their tunnel and all kinds of players were coming over for autographs and selfies-not too much on our side. We got tons of pics of warm-ups before the game and some more during the game.
Went back upstairs about half hour before the game and my son wanted a Browns refillable souvenir cup and I wanted a beer. The line at 12:30 for B-spot was ignorant and they only had one register open. Waited and got drinks and went back to our seats.
By the third period most of the people in our section couldn't take the heat anymore or wanted to go inside and watch the game-so we had lots of space to spread out.
The lines for refill at the beginning of the 4th were not bad at all. My son asked if we could go downstairs-so we went and watched the 4th quarter down in the dawg pound and then went over and found another section during the Giants last drive where we were in lower level about 5 rows off the field.

We decided not to go to the flats or Warehouse district after-my wife and kids had a special meal and ice cream cake for my bday when we got home-

My son told my wife after I went to bed last night that it was the most fun he had in a long, long time.

It was hot, I guess now I know what it is like to go to a SEC college game in September. When we got to the car, it said the temp was 91.

As for the City club, it was nice-bathrooms were nice and it was open-it seems like during regular season there were not enough vendors for food-the bar by the city side was huge and really nice-lots of tv's-

L
Legend
Legend
L
Thanks for the report, Lima, enjoyed that post

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 17 Giants 13 Giants game-Who's going

Link Copied to Clipboard