Print Thread
Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Takk hasn't lost his spot on the depth chart, so either they truly aren't worried, or they simply aren't updating the chart week-to-week.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

T
Legend
Legend
T
I liked how the forum with 0 posts or topics, for a few hours, stood as a testament to how little people want to see final preseason (trash) games.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I don't put much stock in depth charts at this point.

I see LeCounte listed behind Redwine. Does anybody believe that?

I think at this time of year, depth charts are used to prop up players you hope to trade or to knock down players you hope to slide to the practice squad.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

I rewatched the Giants game.

I understand who was playing and that it is not a representation of all that goes on.

However, Mack Wilson looked like he was standing around.

I kept looking for him to do something. Did not see it.

Reports were he was having a good camp. I hope so.

Legend
Legend
I'd love to see the starters for a series or two...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
You think Takk plays this next game?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I like what I have seen of Lecounte. The final roster is what interests me, that and possible trades we might get picks for. fingerscrossed

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: bonefish

I rewatched the Giants game.

I understand who was playing and that it is not a representation of all that goes on.

However, Mack Wilson looked like he was standing around.

I kept looking for him to do something. Did not see it.

Reports were he was having a good camp. I hope so.

Wilson has been dealing with a shoulder issue. I wouldn't be surprised if he was told to work on communication and assignments, but avoid contact. No need to risk a setback in an ultimately meaningless preseason game.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
You think Takk plays this next game?

I think if he practices today he will.

#gmstrong
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Quote:
I see LeCounte listed behind Redwine. Does anybody believe that?

I absolutely believe it!

Why have you soured on Redwine so quickly? He was a 4th round (i.e. developmental) pick 2 seasons ago. He was ok for a rookie mid round pick forced into starting 5 games. Last year he did get worse by statistical measures, and he saw the field less, so neither of those are good signs. But we hear a lot about offensive guys learning new systems stunting their growth. For a safety, I imagine that is equally applicable, given their role in learning the defensive concepts and diagnosing plays. Not like a DE, who's role doesn't change much from system to system.

So we have a 3rd year player, 2nd in this defense (one that asks a lot of safeties), and you assume that he should be leapfrogged by a 6th round rookie because the new guy has looked good in preseason? THAT, I don't believe.

Redwine needs to improve his tackling for sure, and also continue his growth in the defense. And if the team keeps LeCounte over Redwine in the end, so be it. I trust this FO to make mostly good decisions at this point. But to just dismiss a guy because he's not a bonified starting-caliber player 2 years and 2 systems into the league in favor of a developmental rookie who has not played a real snap is unjustified. JMO.

Browns fans are born with it...
O
Legend
Legend
O
My hope is that once the real games kick off we won't have to worry about who is the 4th/5th safety.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
OOBER,

Not worrying about it. Maybe the opposite...it's kind of great when this is a topic, vs. starting QB.

Browns fans are born with it...
O
Legend
Legend
O
lol, no doubt.

I was more referring to the safety group as we have our starters squared away in Johnson and Harrison. If one of them goes down then we should have a healthy Delpit.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

I am really interested in watching McDowell in this Falcon game.

I feel like I know most of the others at this point.

Billings is like a cement block. I don't see gap penetration. I don't like his reaction to plays.

Sheldon Day has out played him.

McDowell flashed quickness, power and pursuit.

He has not played in four years. That would be a mighty comeback. But he shows ability. He may develop.

Elliott was ok. Nothing special but he was not getting pushed around.

This upcoming game is huge for some. Dreams end. Living a dream can begin.

Those guys playing will be going all out. Lots on the line.

Come Monday it will get real.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Well, lets see, you listed most of the reasons.

"He was ok for a rookie

Last year he did get worse

he saw the field less, so neither of those are good signs

Redwine needs to improve his tackling "

I guess we could add in the fact he has missed what seems like a lot of time this camp, but I could be wrong.

Cool, it's all opinion.

You take Redwine on your team, I'll take LeCounte.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Takk hasn't lost his spot on the depth chart, so either they truly aren't worried, or they simply aren't updating the chart week-to-week.

On the Browns App, they say the Browns "released" this weeks Depth Chart... I guess we could just take it as is...

But I think it doesn't mean anything,, I don't believe Baker will play,, same with Hunt and Chubb...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Dittos.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Well, lets see, you listed most of the reasons.

"He was ok for a rookie

Last year he did get worse

he saw the field less, so neither of those are good signs

Redwine needs to improve his tackling "

I guess we could add in the fact he has missed what seems like a lot of time this camp, but I could be wrong.

Cool, it's all opinion.

You take Redwine on your team, I'll take LeCounte.

Redwine made quite a few plays last year. LeCounte last game was the worst rated player on the field, strangely a week after being the highest..lol. I think Lecounte is going to be good, but right now redwine is more consistent and familiar. I do see Lecounte getting quality reps this year because of his range. I think we are going to need both as Woods likes 3 safety sets. I wouldn't count on Delpit at all. So JJIII, harrison, lecounte, and redwine. I could see even using JOK some in that role, basically a box safety.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Ive seen some people highly tout Joe Jackson … but seeing him that far on the depth chart makes me think he’s either got no chance, or we want to hide him to put him on the PS

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I know I posted this depth chart but I put no faith in it. Jackson has seemed to have a very good camp and I won't be surprised if he makes the team.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Ive seen some people highly tout Joe Jackson … but seeing him that far on the depth chart makes me think he’s either got no chance, or we want to hide him to put him on the PS

Preseason depth charts are worth about as much as a $3 bill.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wasn't Joe Jackson a singer?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

Wasn't Joe Jackson a singer?

or shoeless shocked

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It's such a rare name, hard to imagine there being more than one person having it.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Well it has been a LONG time where we are going to cut players that will be Signed by others and probably play. I am 52, and this might be the best roster we have had in my lifetime. I am usually reserved in praising our Browns BUT this is a good looking friggin team. We are not heavily reliant on mid round draft choices to play, we have developed some young guys who will contribute. The ONLY position I am concerned with is the KICKER. I would bring in Brett Maher and Joey Slye for competition ASAP. I think we are in good shape heading into week 1. Go Browns!!!

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Preseason Gameday vs Atlanta Unofficial Depth Chart Preseason Game 3

Link Copied to Clipboard