Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
They talked about this...The Men's relay team... they assemble about a month before the the games and just wing it.

Really they should be naming the relay team about at least 6 months out and have them work with each other with some consistency each meeting.

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: The Collector
They talked about this...The Men's relay team... they assemble about a month before the the games and just wing it.

Really they should be naming the relay team about at least 6 months out and have them work with each other with some consistency each meeting.

How many days does it take to learn to hand off a stick from one to another, these are Olympic runners.

Has Anyone mentioned the correction, too late now, to the Thread title of 2020, postponed until 2021 vs. 2000 in this lengthy thread yet.

O
Legend
Legend
O
100m relay is all about timing and technique. It's not something where you just 'wing it'. Timing has to be worked out.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
j/c I guess it's time for favorite moments.

Here's one of mine.

Molly Seidel.
Kid from Wisconsin.
Ran her first Marathon in the 2020 trials.
Won the bronze medal!

Mic in her face, she said, "I just wanted to come out today and uh- get up in it. Stick my nose where it didn't belong, and just see what I could come away with... I guess it's a medal-"

On. The. Floor.

OMG.
USDA Prime cut.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

How many days does it take to learn to hand off a stick from one to another, these are Olympic runners.

Has Anyone mentioned the correction, too late now, to the Thread title of 2020, postponed until 2021 vs. 2000 in this lengthy thread yet.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
100%

That race was amazing!!! Can't wait to see what she can do in the future....

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
When do the Olympics start?

Did I miss them?...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
When do the Olympics start?

Did I miss them?...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Paralympics start on Aug 24th

smile

<><

#gmstrong
2nd String
2nd String
Congrats to Pop for showing that his coaching works wherever..

Maybe it's because I live in San Antonio, but I cannot stand Popovich. He's smug, anti-2nd Amendment, and believes his opinion is better than everyone else's. The only time I support the Spurs is when they play against Lebron.

Haven't spent a second watching the Olympics this year. Too "Woke" for me.

The Constitution shall never be construe to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. – Samuel Adams
P
Legend
Legend
P
Considering where you live you may not have any actual grass so you can tell kids to get off of your lawn. What a shame. wink

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I love the olympics!!! Watched a ton of them this year... but do admit I only watched maybe 5 min of basketball... can't really get into basketball other than college....

<><

#gmstrong
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted By: Southwestdawg
Congrats to Pop for showing that his coaching works wherever..

Maybe it's because I live in San Antonio, but I cannot stand Popovich. He's smug, anti-2nd Amendment, and believes his opinion is better than everyone else's. The only time I support the Spurs is when they play against Lebron.

Haven't spent a second watching the Olympics this year. Too "Woke" for me.

The man's always been pro-player. and I can't help but get behind that.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Politics "wokeness" didnt seem to be much of a role in these games. Maybe less than a handful protesting. I was actually surprised.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Good insight.

I agree and must add that I was relieved and can't say I was disappointed by the absence. Enjoyed watching the "toned down" coverage, though the mix of events chosen was puzzling to us. Live coverage and running commentary of marathons, by way of example, was way too much and too long for way too little. Go USA! thumbsup

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
B
Legend
Legend
B
I didn't watch any. I don't really recall watching highlights.

Who won the gold in basketball? I honestly don't know.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
2nd String
2nd String

The man's always been pro-player. and I can't help but get behind that.

If he stuck to sports I wouldn't have an issue with him. He's on the news here frequently denigrating Conservative's and anyone who supports the right to own firearms. I watch sports to get away from politics and daily troubles that plague our world.

He is a good coach and knows how to get players that fit his style. There's a 19 year old they got in the draft playing in the summer league that looks to be a diamond in the ruff.

The Constitution shall never be construe to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. – Samuel Adams
Legend
Legend
Quote:
If he stuck to sports I wouldn't have an issue with him. He's on the news here frequently denigrating Conservative's and anyone who supports the right to own firearms. I watch sports to get away from politics and daily troubles that plague our world.

I don't know what you do for a living, but perhaps you should stick to that. You come on here and talk about sports (which I assume isn't your full time job) you express your political opinions (I assume politics isn't your full time job) you talk about social issues....

What makes you think anybody wants to hear it if it's not your area of expertise?

Any time somebody says that athletes and entertainers should stick to their "job" of entertaining me and stop talking politics, what they are really saying is, "I disagree with them and I'm mad that they have a bigger platform than I do."

yebat' Putin
2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:

I don't know what you do for a living, but perhaps you should stick to that. You come on here and talk about sports (which I assume isn't your full time job) you express your political opinions (I assume politics isn't your full time job) you talk about social issues....

What makes you think anybody wants to hear it if it's not your area of expertise?

Any time somebody says that athletes and entertainers should stick to their "job" of entertaining me and stop talking politics, what they are really saying is, "I disagree with them and I'm mad that they have a bigger platform than I do."

I sorry I offended you. Wouldn't want that now would we?

P
Legend
Legend
P
He doesn't seem offended. He's just pointing out the obvious.

A stock broker, roofer or someone in the trades will get on the internet talking about politics while telling someone like LBJ they should just "Shut up and dribble". The irony is so thick you can cut it with a knife.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
2nd String
2nd String
I'm not getting paid to entertain the fans, they are.

Last edited by Southwestdawg; 08/24/21 12:32 PM.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Southwestdawg
I'm not getting paid to entertain the fans, they are.

I don't particularly care what you get paid to do or what they get paid to do. Either expressing your opinions about politics and social issues outside of your personal area of expertise is ok or it's not. As I said before, the people who are are upset are just upset that the celebrities have a much bigger platform than they do.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
So only "certain Americans" have the freedom to express their political views and you have determined that you do And they do not. And you wonder why people are questioning you about that?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I have a favorite phrase I use when I witness something like this:

"Look what people can do!"

Thanks for sharing that.
Amazed and humbled.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum 2000 Summer Olympics---July 23, 2021

Link Copied to Clipboard