Next Thread
Print Thread
#1882002 09/11/21 06:44 PM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I'm pumped to watch some Browns football, and I'm pumped because of the fact I'm pumped to watch Browns football (openers haven't been kind, but this ain't gonna be the Browns football we've been used to over the past 2 decades).

So what is everyone eating tomorrow? I'm so pumped up that I'm going to try my hand at brisket on the smoker again (got a much smaller cut that should be much easier for me to handle). I might also put together some smoked Mac n cheese while I'm at it.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Frozen Pizza... saywhat

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I have 4 racks of duroc spare ribs to cook. Likely two will get vacuumed and frozen right away and we will be nibbling on the other 2 for a couple/three days.

Home made pickles, fried green maters and some corn (likely in the pit as well) will round it all out.

The only good thing about 4PM games is the extra time to get some BBQ cooked.

Legend
Legend
I plan to eat before our game starts and then just watch. It’s gonna be hard to eat haha.

But I’m thinking pizza

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
My band decided to have practice at 2pm. I originally thought the game was on at one. I was going to try to not listen to any radio or TV until I watched the taping. Now I will probably get home at the half. My luck the game will be on when I get home and spoil it for me. As for food, I will probably be chewing my fingernails more than anything.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
T
Legend
Legend
T
Crow
if Anthony Sch(w)artz gets 170 yards through the air, (10 beyond the LOScrimmage, caught) by the end of the Chicago game.
The W is optional. Schwartz! flamingmad
and hot wings.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
E
Legend
Legend
E
I will be at the sports bar, so, bar food. I'm leaning towards a salad.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

Salad, not Bar food. I see a burger in your future.

Grilling Brats, simmer in beer, butter and onions for 20 min after grilling low and slow. Serve Double Brat on a fresh Kaiser Roll/ Buttered of course. Spicy brown mustard finish.

Go Browns!

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I’m doing a 1/2 Ironman in the morning so I’ll be eating a lot protein that night. Thinking chicken and sushi. I don’t know what I’m looking forward to most.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Legend
Legend
Damn, Good Luck! I will not be joining you.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Elk steaks in white gravy
Some banquet ribeye steaks
Samuel Adam to drink

Legend
Legend
Well, the wife decides we should make our way to Mackinac Island this week... so I'll be in Holland, MI tomorrow.

I made it clear that we will be at Hops at 84 East by 4:15 sharp. Menu looks good, tough choice will be Eagle Rare or Angel's Envy... or maybe order up the Green Spot -- we may need the luck of the Irish tomorrow.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
I went to Mackinac Island when I was a toddler. I was riding in my stroller, and a bird crapped all over my shoe.

It's Michigan. crazy

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I was riding in my stroller, and a bird crapped all over my shoe.

Be happy it wasn't a horse.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Grilling Brats, simmer in beer, butter and onions for 20 min after grilling low and slow. Serve Double Brat on a fresh Kaiser Roll/ Buttered of course. Spicy brown mustard finish.

Go Browns!

You seem to do your brats backwards. I usually steam them up then finish on the grill or in a pan to add some color.

I am not saying your way is wrong. I am just wondering if you do that for a reason?

As for the menu, I haven't given it much thought. I don't put much effort in to regular season menus. I have 2 spaghetti squash in front of me. Maybe I will roast those with some salt, pepper, butter and real maple syrup.

Not exactly a traditional gameday menu, but we like spaghetti squash.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Doing 5 Alarm Chili. Chili is traditional Football food at my house.

Blazing hot you know the kind of hot that makes you break out in a sweat. Most of the ingredients will be garden fresh including hot peppers. The wife is putting together the Chili as I type...........

Will also have a cheese plate with some crackers and mozzarella sticks for the kids who love them. Maybe some fried shrimp as well. The Chili is the main event though, for me..............

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Go Browns!

You seem to do your brats backwards. I usually steam them up then finish on the grill or in a pan to add some color.

I am not saying your way is wrong. I am just wondering if you do that for a reason?

As for the menu, I haven't given it much thought. I don't put much effort in to regular season menus. I have 2 spaghetti squash in front of me. Maybe I will roast those with some salt, pepper, butter and real maple syrup.

Not exactly a traditional gameday menu, but we like spaghetti squash.

I do them the same as Grateful, except using Ginger Ale instead of beer. It's not about steaming; it keeps them super juicy and adds flavor.

I dump a bunch of roasted onion and pepper into a pan, then pour the ginger ale over. By roasting them first, you get a bit extra flavor from the carmelization.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I'll have to try it. Just seems to me the roasting takes a lot of time and causes the brats to explode, losing juice.

But now that we are talking brats...that sounds good. May have to stop and get a pack or so along with buns after leaving the farmers market this morning.

As with you, I like to sweat out some onions and may even pick up some kraut. I like that and to even use in the steaming process.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I do the Johnsonville regulars, and over the flame just to brown the outside, not cook all the way through, so no splitting occurs. They only split when the casing shrinks and the juices inside start to boil a bit and push their way out. You want to move them to the pan before that.
Put the pan off to the side, not over direct flame. Indirect heat. This isn't about cooking them in a hurry; have the pan on the grill and warming a good 25-30 minutes before you even throw the brats on so that you aren't adding brats to cold liquid. A standard foil pan works just fine, large enough to hold everything, small enough to allow you to close the lid on your grill with it inside (if possible). The liquid should be right at or just below a simmer.

Once the pan is warm and the brats have been browned, they finish cooking in there and all of their juices and the ginger ale (or beer) mix and it becomes brat heaven, lol

Last edited by PrplPplEater; 09/12/21 09:13 AM.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
p.s. My menu for today is going to be a pork loin, marinated in my own hot sauce, done in the smoker for sandwiches, and roasted potato wedges.

My hot sauce is made from peppers I grew over a period of several years, and it's a Who's Who of the world's Top 10 hottest. Every single pepper I harvested was de-stemmed and split in half, then dropped into a large (~3 gallon) jug of vinegar & salt where it steeped until recently. Some of these peppers have been steeping since 2018, but every last one was grown in my yard. There are Carolina Reapers, Bhut Jolokia/Ghost Pepper, Dorset Naga, Scotch Bonnets, "Butch T" Scorpions , 7 Pot Douglah, Moruga Scorpion. It also includes about 1/2 lb of dried/ground Red Savina Habanero powder. The flavor, other than HOT, is a warm, sweet & smokey southwestern palette. I've been making it (with different peppers over the years) for about 25 years now, and people have found it to be amazing on pork, wings, chicken, pizza (doubly so on cold pizza!) and in their Bloody Mary's.

Browns is the Browns

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
So my menu is not happening today...

My elbow has been flaring at me and today it is bad. Might be time to try a new medicine.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Ok...I don't worry about cooking over any flame. All in the pan.

Steam until the beer is gone, add a dab of butter and brown out.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A slab a "Baby Backs", first baked then coated with whatever Open Pit is open and then under the broiler for a few.

Remake.....whole water chestnunts wrapped in bacon and under the broiler as well.

No coke. PEPSI!!!

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 29 Chiefs 33 Menus for Tomorrow

Link Copied to Clipboard