Print Thread
#1885719 09/20/21 08:33 PM
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
So who is this guy Tyrod Taylor and where did he come from. Man does he look good. Nothing like he did here...was our coaching that bad?

Baker had a great game people complaining about his 62% completion should be happy that he was 90% completion and is around 80 something for the season.

After coming back from that stinger in the left shoulder making a tackle on the INT...I've always said Baker is one tough cookie. He ran for a TD and was 10 for 10 in his passes.

Speaking of the INT...Schwartz sort of disappeared after that play...did they bring him in the tunnel and beat the crap out of him. Man that was a chicken play as he was running a Deep what would you call it Deep in or a deep Dig route but he saw the color of the defending Jersey and put on the brakes and wanted no part of contact...the window was there he would simply have to go up for that ball and make the catch and hold on...its a catch made every game in the NFL.

On the other end I think Felton out of the RB position is going to be a great WR for us. As he took a simple curl route with decent blocking ahead and did a Metcalf, Greg Pruitt, Leroy Kelley type of moves and got himself all the way to the endzone for a great play.

Chubb was Chubb man this kid actually is getting better and better...imagine if he gets 30 touches instead of 11 he'll be getting close to 300 yds every game!!! Hunt kicks butt in the air game along with some tough runs, he actually got more runs than Chubb this week.

Janovich, no need to run him for a what was a close TD the guy is paid to block, I hate trickery when your standard run game is doing so great. Let Chubb or Hunt finish it up.

I know it was a rookie backup QB but that kid impressed me after his first couple of series he made some nice throws and was tough in the pocket.

Man our D better start gelling, I see some good individual effort accross the board especially on the DL but as a unit it seem to have no personality. I don't wish us to fire anyone but Woods you better get their acts together.

Delpit looked real good out there he showed prowess in all aspects of the game. He made a real good delay blitz and caused a sack fumble and the tackle was so verocious and yet so clean. Did Garrett play he was like the invisible man and once again this genius crap has to stop...rushing the best DE in the NFL inside just is outright disgusting if you ask me.

Once maybe ok as a surprise thing but it seemed the entire 2nd half that is all he did.

And What is up with WARD what is that 15 yds off the ball soft coverage stuff??? Again that is stuff that is going to make my heart burst!

Bears we are going to play against another running QB this will be 3 games in a row. We better put pressure on him and have a spy ::cough:: JOK ::Cough::

Did Greedy Williams play, I just don't remember him out there. Newsome has played well the first two weeks, he is a keeper.

Our OL is so darn good maybe not individually but as a UNIT none better in the NFL.

Props to Wills for playing injured and playing well!!!

Well left a lot out there for you all.

What did you see?

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Quote:
So who is this guy Tyrod Taylor and where did he come from. Man does he look good. Nothing like he did here...was our coaching that bad?

Yes!

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
Only way Chubb gets 30 carries in this offense before Hunt departs is if we play somebody that fails at run defense. Even then Baker is going to throw for 250.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
Quote:

Yes!

Absolutely... of course second half Tyrod reminded me of his time here.... of course with us he made it to game three before getting hurt and handing the team over to a rookie....

<><

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
-On offense it looked like our O-Line was having a rough day to start but they really shored up as the game went on.

-Schwartz... he's a rookie so I won't bag on him too much but he's gotta wear his big boy pants every play.

-My wife was watching with me when Chubb ripped off that 26yrd TD. Not 6 yrds into the run you could tell it was going to be a TD. I threw my hands up and she asked what was wrong? I said nothing. Its just, having a guy like Chubb on this team simply isn't fair. I don't know what else there is to say about the guy! I love it!

-Hunt showed some really good footwork this week and you can see just how much he wears down the defense.

-Felton... that move was sick. I was 600 miles away and not trying to tackle him and even I had to look around to see if I lost my jock.

DEFENSE:

- Delpit had a really good day

-Newsome.. straight up mugged the WR so much so had it been reported to the police I don't see how he doesn't get charged. However, in true top flight CB fashion he makes up for it later in the game with perfect positioning and a PBU.

-Ward was having a rough day. not sure what his deal was

-LBers looked more involved.

-Clowney coming out of his shell.

I know many are advising patience with Woods and the defense, and I think that is the right approach, but I hope you guys can see why others are frustrated. I don't know why we are waiting until the last 6 minutes of games to get creative and aggressive.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
B
Legend
Legend
B
I saw the kicker "we need to cut" look pretty solid IMO.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: eotab

As usual I agree with almost all of what you saw.

I want to address this because people keep saying this comment, I know it was several years ago so maybe many are just forgetting, but I recommend checking out YouTube clips of Tyrod.

There's a reason he went to the Pro Bowl in Buffalo before coming here, and also don't forget he actually played really well for us.

The huge comeback in the Saints game was beautiful, BUT we lost because of a missed FG, not Tyrod. In general I was actually quite happy with Tyrod here.

I mean, he's not the kinda guy that's gonna carry your offense to the Super Bowl, but on a team with a smothering D and some weapons he could easily be Dilfer+. (which I know isn't saying much but people act like he was complete garbage for us, which is simply not the case)

Additional things I saw:
* Smart "analytics" based coaching staff is keeping Chubb on just enough of a pitch count to win games, so that he will be fresh late season/playoffs.

* We once again throw for a few yards short on 3rd down. Every coaching staff we've ever had does this. Meanwhile good teams time and time again just go for the actual conversion... and make it quite often. I don't understand why this persists in Cleveland even with such smart, experienced coaches when the stats clearly show it's better to try to get the first down than hope a player will break a tackle.

* Schwartz is not ready to replace OBJ yet. Hopefully the staff realizes this and is just getting him game reps and not actually thinking he is ready.

* DPJ is not a replacement for Higgins. Yes, he's fast, and strong and tall, but that's not what our O is missing. He's great out there as a #2 in a 12 formation, but when it's scramble or clutch time there is NOBODY on the team I want Baker out there with other than Higgins.

I constantly get push back on this, but our O is just better with Higgins. It's the same with Joe Jurevicious, and countless other "slow" or "unimpressive" guys over the years. Look at every great team, they always have that one sure handed guy that has good chemistry with the QB that keeps the chains moving so that you can take more shots to the big guys like DPJ or the speedsters like Schwartz.

I just don't be convinced otherwise because it's not logical. On paper and in practice yes, obviously bench or cut Higgins, but on the field the guy just gets open and has insane chemistry with Baker. It's something you can't teach, and it's a shame we aren't using it more.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree that Taylor is a decent QB. No matter how you want to rate it, he isn't a "bad" QB. QB's also have a way of growing in to the position. Look at Fitzpatrick. The back end of his career has been much better than the front end.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Rich Gannon is probably the ultimate example of that, and maybe Kurt Warner, too. Experience and being in the right situation and the right scheme with the right personnel makes a ton of difference.

Tyrod has never been really bad; he was always a total gamer for us that would sell out his body for a two yard gain. He plays hard, and players out there with him do the same.

The Texans wanted to knock us off. Badly. They threw every haymaker they could, and I don't think we were ready for it to be as much of a fight as it was. I think we're learning that we're now one of the teams that other teams circle on their schedule and we have to our intensity up every single week. We're going to get every team we face giving us their best. There will be no easy games, especially if we continue to have turnovers.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Chubb was Chubb man this kid actually is getting better and better...imagine if he gets 30 touches instead of 11 he'll be getting close to 300 yds every game!!!

Chubbs career is being extended by years by having 15 touches per game instead of 25-30.... keep doing what you are doing.

As for the defense, I'm less than impressed but I'm still willing to give them a few more weeks to get it figured out.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, giving a RB 30 carries a game for a 17 game season and he won't be around for many seasons. If he can even last a season healthy.

Measuring NFL Running Back Longevity: Falling Off the 1,800-Carry Cliff

https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/4940...800-carry-cliff

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
I didn’t get to see the game … my only 2 comments

- the dolts are bashing Woods way to quickly … it’s 2 games in and last week we mixed 2 new pieces in with the other 9 pieces that played ONE ENTIRE GAME TOGETHER, one replacing our best LBer and D signal caller … I’m sure that had no impact on the D …. rolleyes

As usual a rush to judgement on Woods … give it sometime … this was never going to happen overnight …

If I saw the game I might be disappointed in the lack of improvement based off the level of competition vs week 1, but no way would i be bashing Woods at this point … way to early for that … talk to me about that in week 8 factoring in injuries!

Let’s not forget a few on here were touting a rookie as an all pro and can’t miss and from what I hear he’s making a huge impact on special teams but no impact at all on D … that could be Woods fault but I doubt it …

- there usage of one of the top 2 RB’s in the league is DISGRACEFUL … its dumb as hell too have Hunt out touch him EVER …

Last week they split time and this week Hunt out touched a top 2 RB in the league … STUPID on a good day … I love Hunt and were so lucky ot have him but he’s not Chubba Hubba …. Only back in the league that should split time/carries with Nick is Henry!

17 - 20 carries a game would keep him fresh enough for the end of the year … 11 carries … Good Lord is that stupid …

The dolts feel the need to stick up for this STUPIDITY! …

It may have cost us in the KC game and it wil down the line if this STUPIDITY by Kev keeps up …

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I hope you are correct about Woods, my friend.

I have to add that his "issue" has been around a lot longer than 2 games. Our D is the same thing I've seen out of Woods since he's been the DC.

More talent...same production.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I have no clue if he’ll be any good, i didn’t endorse him at all, just saying give the dude some time with the brand spanking new talent we have.

And minus Walker that talent upgrade consists of Clowney and Hill who is a situational dude and 2 rookies and a 2nd year player who didn’t play a snap last year …

We’re counting on a ton of youth …

Patience before frying my friend … cool

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
I disagree. Woods scheme of a soft Prevent while rarely blitzing and rushing 4 is not working this year and did not work last year. Ward playing 10 yards off a defender is schemed by Woods, not Ward's decision. Heck, might as well get Daylon McCushion back in there. Woods doesn't put his best players in the best positions. I am tired of hearing the "wait for the Defense to gel" excuse every year. Maybe they should have all played together in all the pre season games? We are near the bottom in 3rd down Defense. Woods is, and has been, unimpressive.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I see that the Tabber is back with his what I saw, and I am grateful for that.

I hope you are home and feeling much better and while I truly love my Browns I worry about you more.

Please keep us all updated on how you are doing.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I don't disagree with it has to be much better then it was on Sunday.

That said reason tells me that it takes time for it all to come together. I and really all of us wished it had been hammered out during the pre-season but we had many many health issues and that simply didn't happen.

As we work our way through different schemes on the offensive side of the ball our defense will get better, you just have to believe that Ski didn't hire a coach who sucks.

Give it some time and then lets hang Woods but we have got to give it some time. As painful as that is.

I also believe that from a scheme standpoint the Browns are going to do just enough to win games. If we can keep some things out of a game plan we can and likely will use it later when we need too is my guess.

Fans tend to run with the 1st thing they see and more often then not they are wrong.

I trust Ski and he trusts Woods so lets put away the pitch forks and tar and feathers and be patient we will get there, you just got to believe and trust Ski.

I am making an assumption that it will be much better this week over last and so on.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I was down for the count yesterday with a stomach bug, so I rewatched the game.

As disappointing as the Dline was with their pass rush, they absolutely SMOTHERED the Texans run game.

Felton similarly jumped off the screen in each area he participated. Excited for how we're going to further utilize this guy.

I know some are disappointed in the few carries we gave to Chubb, but Hunt also has a rushing title. The guy has been underutilized for a while now. I see absolutely ZERO problem in Chubb getting jobbed every once in a while.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
I also saw that the condensed replay of the game still captured KS's reaction to Culley declining the penalty. lol!

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Penalty: I watched so many games and with all the drugs I'm taking things get muddled up. But I remember a situation where it was the dumbest penalty decision that I can remember...I remember saying it to my son - who comes over to watch Browns games, what a good boy. Remember he also was saying that has to be the dumbest decision he ever saw made so it must have been our game but if you can enlighten me on the circumstance so that I can remember completely.

Woods on defense just two things irked me.

1. Ward one of the best cover corners in the NFL is playing 10 yards off the WR so that it was impossible to defend the pass it was an automatic completion. I didn't like that at all. And it was done with a Safety on top of him...just ridiculous.

2. In the 2nd half when we had a rookie QB mounting a good offensive series we needed to pressure him to make a mistake (result is an INT) what I saw was play after play Garrett probably the best outside rusher from 7 or 9 was not at DE instead he was placed inside at DT where he was in a position to bull rush the OG as they closed in the gaps and made a decent wall inside. Now I don't mind him looping inside from the DE position but to be set up there and see how ineffective it was and then to see it again...and again. That did not sit well with me - It was not working and I think it is stupid or arrogance that a coach will continue with a decision that just is not working and wasting one of the biggest impact players we got on D!

Chubb I don't mind saving him in all we just didn't have that many offensive plays this game.

WR...I like Higgins and right now until OBJ comes back he is our #1 WR. I am looking forward to see Felton more involved in the passing game he is exactly who I thought he is. He will be our Hill in our Passing attack. So with the injuries to our two starters. I see Higgins, our 3 TEs and Felton taking up the load.

Thank you for all the replies.

Health have a cardio meme device in me and I lay on a pillow at home that sends all the data to my Heart failure specialist and he is really worried about the water pressure on my heart which worries me of course - it sucks gasping for air just in going to the kitchen and making a sandwich. Peed like a horse last night with the larger dose of diaretics but feel so much better. They are dosing the crap out of me again today. fingerscrossed

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Tabber Just keep doing your best and hang tough we have a big big celebration coming in Feb. mark your calendar.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Get well, my friend.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
So was bored and re watched the game.

1. think not mentioned hit me in the face. Hunt in the 4th qtr had a nice hole up the middle he tripped and was down after 5 yards. In watching the replay the DL who was stood up by our OL stuck his leg out and actually tripped Hunt. Did the rules change or was this a blatant miss by the refs???

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

M
Legend
Legend
M
Tripping is still a penalty. I missed it too. smile

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I saw it when it happened but me yelling at the TV over it apparently doesn't get the refs attention.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: FrankZ
I saw it when it happened but me yelling at the TV over it apparently doesn't get the refs attention.

Obviously you weren't yelling loud enough.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: FrankZ
You might want to consider a megaphone and game tickets next time.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I've tried while in the stadium as well, they don't seem to care what I think.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: eotab
So was bored and re watched the game.

1. think not mentioned hit me in the face. Hunt in the 4th qtr had a nice hole up the middle he tripped and was down after 5 yards. In watching the replay the DL who was stood up by our OL stuck his leg out and actually tripped Hunt. Did the rules change or was this a blatant miss by the refs???

I saw it when it happened, they only showed one replay of it that wasn't a great shot of what he did with his legs but it didn't look to me like he made an unnatural move of sticking his leg out. Looked to me, just on that one showing, that he just had a broad stance and Hunt tripped over his leg.

yebat' Putin
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Watching the replays and highlights:

There was a run by Chubb that he kinda stymies at the line, Tretter just shoves him in the back and gets him moving again. Love the team effort.

On the Felton catch and run it looks like Hooper helped steady Felton then gave him a push in the right direction as well.

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
I've called Direct TV many times about this. Of course the now farmed out to India program they got simple do not understand my request and I cannot play with their minds. They understand cricket and thats it....lol laugh

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 31 Texans 21 What I saw Houston Texans.

Link Copied to Clipboard