Next Thread
Print Thread
#1892613 10/12/21 08:46 PM
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Well, after the referee-fueled loss to the Chargers, we have to take on the unbeaten Cardinals at our house.

On O: I say we keep running the damn ball and use the play-action. The usual, in other words. Keep Njoku going, too. He was a beast last week.

I don’t know who is back, but a healthy Landry would make an impact.

Defence: Clowney will play, I suspect, and if we keep Murray in the pocket it might be a game that sees him squashed like a bug.

On ST: keep kicking them straight, boys. Oh, and start punting well, Scottish Hammer. You remind me, lately, of a little plastic hammer I had as a little boy, that couldn’t hit anything hard.

Thoughts on the game?

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Kyler Murray is the best athlete I’ve ever seen in person in my life. He’s basically impossible to stop. He does make two or three horrible decisions a game. Capitalize of those and prosper.

T
Legend
Legend
T
The Two Minute Offense!!!

The deepest player Pass Defense!!!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Vegas odds:

The moneyline:

AZ (+125)
CLE (-145)

Against the spread:

AZ +2.5 (+105)
CLE -2.5 (-125)

Legend
Legend
We should be able to score. They should be able to score. Who has the better final drive?

It could easily be something like 52-48 lol

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1st String
1st String
I don't follow this Cardinals team. Are they as good as their record says?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 85_Browns_Queen

People have been saying they're not as good as their record since they were 2-0.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Kyler Murray is the best athlete I’ve ever seen in person in my life. He’s basically impossible to stop. He does make two or three horrible decisions a game. Capitalize of those and prosper.

I don't disagree with anything you said. The odd thing for me, though, is that when he runs, he looks like a baby sprinting.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Ratbirds in red. Best "overrated" unbeaten team so far. Just wondering how many points we need to provide a cushion the defense can't blow. We handed them leads and lost despite a ridiculous number of points. This one could be a track meet if we can keep up.

Stefanski needs to "pass" the situational" stuff that trips him up and has before; I am lumping sideline in there as broad and unfair as that may be. Half jokingly urged considering handing off play calling in the fourth to Van Pelt. Or alternating series. We are the underdogs, without a doubt, and beaten up underdogs at that. I haven't yet felt a cold-blooded finisher feel yet.

Stand up. Rise up. Believe that you'll achieve. Achieveland! fingerscrossed nanner brownie

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
1st String
1st String
Originally Posted By: jfanent

People have been saying they're not as good as their record since they were 2-0.

I lurked on some of their forums and their fans are legit scared of us. Especially because of the weather and our run game. Apparently they struggle stopping the run just like the Bolts. It's supposed to be very windy in our house so that impacts their game plan.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

I don't disagree with anything you said. The odd thing for me, though, is that when he runs, he looks like a baby sprinting.

He is tiny. He was a whole head shorter than many of the players on the field.

Legend
Legend
Encouraging! Thanks for sharing this. They are a blindspot for me. Murray needs a miserable day.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I don't follow them or watch them, but I read some of the Cardinals reporters out here and have some fairly knowledgeable Cardinals fans as friends. Their LBs and secondary are for real. Getting our TEs involved more (like Njoku, especially after last week) may be a bit more difficult than we think. A very healthy Landry would have gone a long way to remedying this.

Sounds obvious, but knocking around Murray early is the key. I know JOK is back, so that hopefully will help contain him a bit otherwise.

Unlike some of the other teams that were undefeated up until recently, the Cardinals are for real at this point (imo).

I don't know that windy weather is going to help us too much.

Like everyone else, I'm hoping for early and big hits on Murray before our defense might have to play catch up later on. Run, run and run more. Don't force Baker to throw deep late. The harness is hindering him.

All obvious stuff, but my two cents.

Legend
Legend

hard to say. They have a very impressive 2+ score win on the road against the Rams. They also struggled with the 49ers and needed a defensive TD and some late game heroics to beat the Vikings after giving up 33 points to them.

They are 5-0, and in the NFL, that's fairly impressive no matter who you have played... It will be a good test from a team that has scored in the 30s 4 of their 5 games.

I hope we have a "contain" pass rush and I hope we open up the passing game a little bit early.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
I'm taking the Browns in my pickem league, but I honestly don't see how we win this one.

First 2-game skid for Ski.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm going to have to follow the injury reports to reach my conclusion.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Me too. This is a toss-up favoring them but we could win.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Ratbirds in red.

Say that reminds me.
This could be described as just a dress rehearsal for stopping Lamar Jackson.

If the Browns can't stop Kyler Murray this week, there's no way they are sweeping the Ravens.

And if they get 'swept!' BY the ravens, (puke!) then the hopes for a playoff year would be about dashed.
So.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
I'm taking the Browns in my pickem league, but I honestly don't see how we win this one.

I see just the opposite. Browns are at home. Cleveland's defense simply contains Murry and forces him to try and through the football into tight windows.

On offense, we pound the rock and work the underneath routes.

I think we see another shoot-out. Cleveland gets the win from some good ol'home cook'n!

Legend
Legend
I hope you're right, but I'm not sure the D will be healthy enough to contain anything, and the same concern stands for the O and being able to score. There's just so many freaking injuries!

Browns is the Browns

T
Legend
Legend
T
Is that more about the backups that will play won't be up to the task, or do you think there will be 50% healthy players, suiting up and playing.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c

Browns opened as 3 point favorites - are now 3.5 point favorites ... My guess is that even banged up Cleveland is a bigger challenge than the Cards have faced so far this year.

I'm expecting the Cards to be able to score. I think we'll need 30+ to be able to win.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
2nd String
2nd String
jc.

I just hope they run the ball when they should and not try to outsmart themselves like they seem to be doing weekly. If your 4th and 1 in the red zone, run the dang ball for Pete's sake.

The Constitution shall never be construe to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. – Samuel Adams
Legend
Legend
I�ve been paying attention to this line a lot. We opened at -4.5 and it�s fluctuated between -3.5 and -2.5 most of the time. It�s about as close of a game as Vegas picks if you consider the home field advantage

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

by scoring more points than them;)

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
Legend
Legend
From an article linked in the Injuries/Covid thread (one of the Tweets):

"DIME TIME

Woods turned up the dial on the three-safety dime package last week and isn�t turning back.

Safeties Johnson and Ronnie Harrison Jr. played all 75 defensive snaps and were joined by Grant Delpit for 23. Rookie Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah was the lone linebacker along with the four defensive linemen and three cornerbacks. Owusu-Koramoah played a season-high 68 snaps and looks poised to replace Anthony Walker Jr. as the every-down linebacker.

�We kind of made a big jump last week in terms of what we had in our game plan,� Woods said. �It really is just moving forward completely with our dime package, so we are definitely heading in that direction. We will continue to do that for the rest of the season.�
"

So, as I had guessed, after two straight weeks of success on D, Woods added a bit more and progressed the defense. The miscommunications and broken plays we saw were likely the result of growing pains from our new look Defense.

Hopefully they will fare much better this week, but we can expect the same level of broken plays if the players haven't learned and adjusted.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
p.s. this is likely the "change in technique" that is referenced by Woods in the Chargers Game's "Looking Back" forum.

Browns is the Browns

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 14 Cardinals 37 Beating the Cardinals

Link Copied to Clipboard