Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Legend
Legend
C
It doesn't help when you have a different offensive coordinator every year. Last year they brought a new guy in mid-season.

I think Campbell can be an above average starter in the league if given some consistent coaching and good blocking.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Am I the only one that thinks (if my team didn't have a franchise qb and had a good team going into next season) that McNabb is a steal for a top-10 pick in the SECOND round?

It would be a steal alright, and Chokey Reid & Joe Banner are wearing the masks and brandishing the six-guns. JMHO

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Rookie
Rookie
Mcnabb still got what it takes

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

The Oakland Raiders have emerged as the leading candidate to land quarterback Donovan McNabb in a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles, league sources tell ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The sources say all the ingredients for a trade are in place. Of all the teams the Eagles have spoken with, the Raiders have been the most willing to meet the Eagles' asking price. Last week, The Associated Press reported that the Eagles want a pick in the top 42 of the 2010 draft for McNabb. Oakland has a second-round pick that is the 39th overall selection.

Also, the sources say McNabb's contract, which has one year and $11.2 million left on it, has scared off other teams. But, the sources say, Oakland is not concerned McNabb is due a $6.2 million roster bonus on May 5 nor that the quarterback is scheduled to become a free agent after the 2010 season.

There also are connections between the Raiders and McNabb. Raiders owner Al Davis and McNabb each went to Syracuse, and Oakland's new offensive coordinator, Hue Jackson, is a distant cousin of McNabb's.

Should Oakland trade for McNabb, it would be the most stark admission by the Raiders that former No. 1 overall pick JaMarcus Russell has not been the player the team had hoped. Oakland selected Russell with the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 draft and awarded him a six-year, $68 million contract that included $31.5 million in guaranteed money.

One source familiar with trade discussions said no deal was done with Oakland. But other league sources predicted it soon would be done in a trade that would be the NFL's biggest offseason move.

And although McNabb has informed coach Andy Reid that he wants to stay with the Eagles and, if he has to be traded, would prefer to go to a winning team such as the Minnesota Vikings, the sources say the Eagles will do what they believe is best for team even if it means trading McNabb to the Raiders, a team with a recent history of losing.

ESPN.com

The Eagles have found the only team dumb enough to trade for McNabb without a contract extension in place.

If any team has any player they want to trade Oakland should always be the first call. "Hey Al, we got this kid, Brett Ratliff, he can throw the ball the 92 yards on his knees with. And all we want is a 1st round pick in 2012."

What a terrible organization.

No team in the league would trade for McNabb without an extension in place...besides the Raiders.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Donovan Mcnabb trade watch and how it effects the Browns @#7

Link Copied to Clipboard