Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
ESPN: Browns on the Clock

Yep, from the derisive laughter at the beginning till the attempt to bring up his experience at the end... Trent Dilfer is still a bitter douche.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
funny how they didn't talk about who the browns will/should/could draft at all.....just about Holmgren and Mangini and the QB situation.

[Linked Image from i232.photobucket.com]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

funny how they didn't talk about who the browns will/should/could draft at all.....just about Holmgren and Mangini and the QB situation.

ESPN is just a joke in general. I'm pissed that they will be airing the BCS games next year.

All Pro
All Pro
Don't get why TD is still all chubbed up over Cleveland. All those guys that he hated are gone. Shouldn't he be spitting at Philly and KC now?

A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

John Barrymore
C
Legend
Legend
C
ESPN has a few good tings (PTI, 30 for 30, Sportscenter, etc.) but there NFL draft coverage is horrible.

All these crappy round table discussions, "Coors Light Six Pack of Questions", and the draft showdowns between McShay and Kiper are brutal.

N
Legend
Legend
N
by Sportcenter, you really meant ESPNews, right? at least they still show highlights.

and please add Baseball Tonight. great show and you actually learn something about baseball or a particular player each night.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I didn't think it was all that bad. Yeah, they didn't make guesses as to whom we'd pick, but they covered it pretty much by saying that we need everything under the sun and that we could go in any direction.

And I didn't think Dilfer was out of line or uncordial or whatever... he was a part of the comment that our rebirth has quite worked out, I took it as a laughter of realization - kinda like a "man, you ain't kidding" type laugh, which he - and every one of us - is well more than entitled to.

After all of that, I thought they gave a good general "state of the team" type discussion: We're in a state of MAJOR change, we're "crossing the streams" (to borrow a term from Ghostbusters) with the marriage of two opposing coaching trees, one defensive, one offensive and we've got a boatload of holes in our personnel.

Given all of that and that they only have 3 minutes to cover it all.... I'd say they did Ok.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
If you watch the Raiders one right after it.. they have a couple nice things to say about the Raiders but in general its very similar to ours.. we are drafting top 10 every freakin' year just like the Raiders... and they treat us about the same..

I don't really have a problem with it.

yebat' Putin
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Saw this the other day. You know what? If/when we're able able to stop this cycle of organizational ineptitude and put a winner together THEN the jokes and the laughter will end. Hopefully, it ends with the group we have in place now. I have high hopes for the current regime. However, I also had high hopes for past regimes as well. So, we'll see...

I didn't think the segment was all that bad. Right now, the Browns ARE a joke (with a few exceptions). Maybe this will be the year we make some real progress toward long-term success and respectability.

[color:"white"]"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain [/color]
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Ive seen Trent be bitter about the Browns in the past, but it didnt seem that way here to me.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...
R
All Pro
All Pro
R
he didn't seem bitter. He seemed to enjoy the comment made regarding how poor we are.

"He who buys what he does not need steals from himself."
Legend
Legend
Those in the booth no longer gave game. He is bitter; with good reason (perhaps), but let it go. With his level of "play", he has an obligation to hate on a number of people. Never all that for us IMO.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Quote:

Ive seen Trent be bitter about the Browns in the past, but it didnt seem that way here to me.

He really is bitter too, which perplexes me. He was burried on the depth chart in freakin San Fran. No other team would even give him a shot to start at QB and the Browns gave him that opportunity. And he FAILed miserably. He has no one to blame for his performance but himself. Sorry Dilfer, you didnt have it, you were run out of town by the team that you won a super bowl with, that if nothing else is who you should be bitter towards.

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Dilfer should just go back to his old job, copiloting planes . . .

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Quote:

Dilfer should just go back to his old job, copiloting planes . . .

Is he the one on the left or the one in the middle????

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

ESPN has a few good tings (PTI, 30 for 30, Sportscenter, etc.) but there NFL draft coverage is horrible.

All these crappy round table discussions, "Coors Light Six Pack of Questions", and the draft showdowns between McShay and Kiper are brutal.

I agree about alot of the discussions. Salsbury and Stephan A Austin were both absalutely horrible.

But I think ESPNs NFL Draft coverage is what made the NFL draft the event that it is today. Ive been making a point to watch it ever since I saw the browns draft Eric Turner.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
wow, did we ever get hammered, they couldnt even come up with a projected pick, whats the point?

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
She is kinda hot,

I think she is outta Dilfers league,

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Other than Dilfer's opinion which does not count for much, what was said during that interview that was wrong?? I do not see where they blasted the team, they told the truth about it. And as far as what we need, Kiper was about right.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I agree. I really only posted this to highlight dilfer's douchedom.

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) ESPN Clip: Browns on the Clock

Link Copied to Clipboard