Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
DnD, I never remotely suggested Claiborne would go two. I haven't talked about the Rams or what direction the teams above us will go. You're mistaken.

And every time I have talked about the Rams' pick, I have said they will go Kalil.

Legend
Legend
I am hoping that 1 of 3 things happens this off-season:

1) We somehow acquire Luck. (God knows we could use some luck for a change)
2) RG3
3) Tampa decides to cut ties with Freeman as their new coach takes over and we acquire him maybe with our 1st round Atlanta pick.

I do not want just any other QB at any cost. If we have to go through another year with McCoy, then that's what we'll have to do. I don't see us improving, and I don't see us getting a valid appraisal of our OL/WR corp with McCoy under Center, but maybe a miracle happens and he becomes competent.

Either that or we load up the run game again and use the Daboll approach, and limit McCoy to 100-150 yards passing and play it ultra safe.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

DnD, I never remotely suggested Claiborne would go two. I haven't talked about the Rams or what direction the teams above us will go. You're mistaken.

Then exactly what did u mean yesterday when u said "Claiborne won't be there when we pick at 4?"

Cause that's what u said...Numerous times...

Explain yourself Lucy...

Go Browns!!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Another misquote... I said he may not be. Never said it definitively.

St. Louis will pick Kalil. Minnesota will either draft Claiborne or trade the pick to a team trying to acquire RG3.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

And every time I have talked about the Rams' pick, I have said they will go Kalil.

since you didn't I will...

1. Colts - Andrew Luck - QB
2. Rams - Ryan Kalil - OT
3. Vikings - Justin Blackmon - WR
4. Browns - ?????

Now for the same argument that Blackmon is not worth a top 5, is the same reason they could trade the pick away to a team that wants RG3.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Rams have picked Smith 1st overall for and have Saffold, a high 2nd rounder....2 young OTs....I don't see them going OT again, no way...I didn't like both those guys and don't think they're good enough for where they were picked but the Rams will play it out with them....they need a CB or WR way more than OT...best move for them would be a downtrade...if they can't or don't want to, they'll pick Claiborne or Blackmon

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Smith was drafted No. 2 overall and Saffold has been awful. It sounds like he will move inside to guard.

Legend
Legend
I wanted to add to my post:

If we do not get a QB either through free agency or in the 1st round, then I would look at Russel Wilson in the 3rd-4th. he had absolutely everything you could want in a QB .... except height. However, he is used to operating behind a massive OL at Wisconsin, and knows how to find throwing lanes, etc.

I think that he could be a "hidden gem" in the draft mix.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I wanted to add to my post:

If we do not get a QB either through free agency or in the 1st round, then I would look at Russel Wilson in the 3rd-4th. he had absolutely everything you could want in a QB .... except height. However, he is used to operating behind a massive OL at Wisconsin, and knows how to find throwing lanes, etc.

I think that he could be a "hidden gem" in the draft mix.

is that the guy QBing now? He is doing his thing.

Legend
Legend
Wisconsin's QB? Yep. He's an impressive guy who just lacks height.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

Quote:

since you didn't I will...

1. Colts - Andrew Luck - QB
2. Rams - Ryan Kalil - OT
3. Vikings - Justin Blackmon - WR
4. Browns - ?????

Now for the same argument that Blackmon is not worth a top 5, is the same reason they could trade the pick away to a team that wants RG3.

Isn't it more likely that the Vikings would take Claiborne than Blackmon?

I have a feeling the Vikings trade that pick, unfortunately, which would leave us in a pretty pickle. Taking a WR who probably isn't worth being taken in the top 5, a running back that while extremely talented cannot change the course of a franchise, or another corner and our offense continues to lack playmaking ability.

Why couldn't we have been 4 last year and 6 this year?

you had a good run Hank.
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Quote:

Can someone please tell me why they think Blackmon is worth a top-five pick?

Agreed, I have Floyd rated higher (at least based on game film -- depends a bit on Floyd's off the field stuff).

In his defense, Blackmon does a great job getting open, but he doesn't have great speed or size. He's good going up for the ball, but I certainly wouldn't put him anywhere near the elite Johnson/Fitzgerald/Moss company there. He has drop issues (in a Braylon-esque manner of dropping the easy ones).

I severely question his drive during games, especially if he isn't getting targets early. Also the next time he decides to run block will probably be his first.

Last edited by Lyuokdea; 01/02/12 07:36 PM.

~Lyuokdea
Legend
Legend
Let's face it.. we aren't getting Luck.. we're just not..

so what I'm hoping is that the Colts cut Manning, and he goes to one of the teams that are potential trade partners to trade up for RG3, ie Redskins + Dolphins..

Could u imagine Manning in a Redskins jersey? and he and his brother going at it twice a year.. CLASSIC stuff. lol.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I don't think he is either, but I can tell you why people think we should take him. He is the best WR and we "need" a WR. And people saw him have success on TV so they have something tangible to hang on to.

That's pretty much my reason for wanting Blackmon. I've watched a couple Okla. St. games and was impressed by him.

How's that for scientific?

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

I don't think he is either, but I can tell you why people think we should take him. He is the best WR and we "need" a WR. And people saw him have success on TV so they have something tangible to hang on to.

That's pretty much my reason for wanting Blackmon. I've watched a couple Okla. St. games and was impressed by him.

How's that for scientific?

And just as accurate as everyone else's opinon!

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I do like Monte Ball quite a bit.

I think that I might consider him in the 2nd if I were the Browns.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I thought it said he was a sohpmore. Is he gonna be draft eligible?

He's definitely a good player though.

So is that guy from South Carolina who got hurt this year. Latimer or whatever. Those two guys are gonna be solid NFL RBs i think. Just not in the draft.

EDIT: Just saw Ball is a junior. Wonder if he'll go to the draft. I definitely think he's pretty good

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 01/02/12 08:28 PM.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Legend
Legend
Montee Ball is a junior.

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think he's a 3rd-rounder, but he could go mid-late second.

S
Legend
Legend
S
he's definitely coming out. I think he's gonna be a solid pro.

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

The problem of drafting an RT that high is that it's not worth it. He does not protect the QB's blindside. A RT wouldn't make as much impact on this team as a QB, WR, DE, or even CB would make. At the top of the draft, you go impact players, and an RT is just not that when you have a right-handed QB.

As sick as I am of watching our O-line's suck year after year after year after year, I wouldn't mind one freakin' bit if we spent most of our high picks on guys who can anchor their positions on the line for the next decade.

Yeah, that breaks most of the rules of drafting, but I don't see the Niners fans complaining about how Anthony Davis (11th overall selection) and Mike Iupati (17th overall selection) and Joe Staley (28th overall selection) are playing...

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Legend
Legend
Quote:

he's definitely coming out. I think he's gonna be a solid pro.

Did he declare already? I'm just wondering if he might stay because he could be a top 1st rounder with another solid year.

C
Legend
Legend
C
What more could he do to raise his stock? Doesn't he have like 40 TD's?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If they aren't (and they are), 49er fans should be complaining about Anthony Davis. He sucks.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J/C,

Skimming threw the post I feel the need to remark on a re occurring thyme and that is comparing past drafts and talent pools to this years as far as position specific comparisons like Green to Blackmon. I don't think that you can make that comparison.

It is what it is and past drafts will have no baring on how things will shake out. The only thing that factors where a prospect will eventually land is the player pool of this years draft.

If we stay at 4, I think that we are going to end up with a pretty good player (from this years class) be that an OT, [Kalil] (not likely in a very week pool I can't see him droping out of the top 3) WR [Blackmon], CB Clayborn (he might be the best player at the position, but there is a very strong class of CB's behind him to be had later that could weigh heavily in the discussion with 2 more selections in the top 37), QB [RGIII] the riskiest choice imo or a RB [Richardson] < what are plans will be for Hillis should not be a detrmaning factor here. It should be because we feel that he is the BPA and decide not to entertain any trade offers instead.

Last edited by FL_Dawg; 01/02/12 09:21 PM.

[Linked Image]

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Quote:

The problem of drafting an RT that high is that it's not worth it. He does not protect the QB's blindside. A RT wouldn't make as much impact on this team as a QB, WR, DE, or even CB would make. At the top of the draft, you go impact players, and an RT is just not that when you have a right-handed QB.

As sick as I am of watching our O-line's suck year after year after year after year, I wouldn't mind one freakin' bit if we spent most of our high picks on guys who can anchor their positions on the line for the next decade.

Yeah, that breaks most of the rules of drafting, but I don't see the Niners fans complaining about how Anthony Davis (11th overall selection) and Mike Iupati (17th overall selection) and Joe Staley (28th overall selection) are playing...

Here I am...Iupati and Davis were horrible picks....the SF OL is ok at RUN BLOCKING but they suck you know what at pass blocking....those guys can say thank you to the D and Gore...the SF OL is actuallly the epitome of a overrated OL because of high investment (the other would be STL's, but since they don't have a good D and are behind a lot, they suck and the SF OL is somehow labled "good")

Here's reality:

STL 55 sack allowed in 549 PAs = sack every 11th PA

SF 44 sacks allowed in 452 PAs = sack every 11th PA

STL has a 4.1yd AVG/rush...same as SF

and just for fun the Browns: 39 sack in 570 PAs = sack every 15.6th PA

So Toad...sorry to burst your bubble about the SF OL...watch them play...they are FAR from good....Staley making the PB is just another PB joke (and typical for high investment OL on good teams)....Kemoeatu is a PB replacement btw, lol

You want another funny tidbit? Bills have allowed fewest sacks this season...and they were supposed to be the worst OL around and have nobodies (at OT) playing there

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Legend
Legend
Quote:

What more could he do to raise his stock? Doesn't he have like 40 TD's?

lol, good call. Just thinking that if he puts another year like that up, then he vaults up draft boards.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Don't forget that Dallas drafted Smith pretty high last April. He might eventually move over to LT, but that remains to be seen.

[Linked Image]

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) 2012 Draft Continued Again

Link Copied to Clipboard