Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
A
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
A
Ok , I'll play that game.. I'll give you a William Green, Brady Quinn, Kellen Winslow and a Braylon Edwards for RGIII , and I'll even throw in a Courtney Brown for a tip. Wanna trade ?

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I'll let you know in 2-3 years. How about that?

[color:"white"]"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain [/color]
I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Quote:

Ok , I'll play that game.. I'll give you a William Green, Brady Quinn, Kellen Winslow and a Braylon Edwards for RGIII , and I'll even throw in a Courtney Brown for a tip. Wanna trade ?

Don't you mean you will swap Courtney Brown for RG3 and trade the others for nothing?

“Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family.” -AOC
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Well Jease, that's a negative way to look at it.

How about this, two CBs (One being Joe Haden and another being someone young with his potential) and Phil Taylor? We can throw in Sheard too for that fourth pick.

Had it not been for that staph infection (freak injury and motocycle too, but the staph really got him), Winslow had the potential to be a HOF TE IMO. The knee issues destroyed his blocking ability and hurt his ability to gain separation and make big plays. RG3 could just asoon, get hurt, catch the staph and destroy his knee too. Then you lost all those picks on one guy.........

Just saying, sure you can name our busts, but these past two drafts have gotten us solid players in the 1st and 2nd rounds (besides Hardesty)

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Legend
Legend
Actually, I have not called them failures, other than being firmly in the driver's seat in this deal, and blowing it.

I am saying that we will almost certainly be the 4th place team in the AFCN again this year, and the primary reason will be that we will not have QB play anywhere near equal to the other 3 teams. As I have said elsewhere, all of those teams have good defenses, and good to great QBs. We do not.

This is the start of year 3 of the HH regime. How anyone can call it anything except that is beyond me. There's no "technically" about it. We are heading into their 3rd free agent market, and their 3rd draft.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

How is that anything resembling "Mangini Love"? Your Mangini Paranoia is showing, yet again.

Every time you get even remotely peeved at the FO you bring up how Mangini got "jobbed".

He didn't. He sucked. He still sucks or he'd have a job in football, not on the graveyard for old coaches and players - ESPN.

We won't get RG3. We'll live and it's possible we'll end up ahead of the Deadskins in the end.

Build a bridge and get over it.

Now when they don't take Richardson with the 4th pick (which everyone but you knows they won't) you'll start your incessant crying all over again.

Please spare us all.

I said absolutely nothing about Mangini being "jobbed". I said that he was the coach for the 1st year of HH. I did also mention that Heckert traded for a player, well established, who absolutely no role on a Mangini team. None. Mitchell did not fit anywhere on a Mangini style 3-4 defense. Do you care to dispute that? I also did say that, IMHO, Holmgren kept Mangini because it was a no lose scenario for him. If the team won, then great. However, if the team did not win, while facing one of the most difficult schedules, then he could dump him and "buy" a year. However, as I have said, I don't buy the extra year theory any more than I do a regime buying themselves time by firing their coach 3 years into their reign. There's no "do overs". Every year so far that they've been in control is theirs. If they made a mistake with a coach, even in year one, then it's their mistake and no one else's.

If we go 4-12 again, and Holmgren fired Shurmur, does that then start the clock again? I don't think so. You seem to think it might. (since I must be allowed to put words in your mouth like you try to with me)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

I did also mention that Heckert traded for a player, well established, who absolutely no role on a Mangini team. None. Mitchell did not fit anywhere on a Mangini style 3-4 defense. Do you care to dispute that?

I always took it that Mangini wanted Mitchell and Heckert acquired him only to have Mangini not play him. I also took Heckert's comment about Mitchell being the "best pass rusher on the team" as a sarcastic remark quoting something Mangini said to him when pimping the player.

I dunno. Either way it adds up to nothing. It's not like Heckert signed Mitchell against Mangini's wishes and then forced the coach to play him. Mitchell was a non-factor other than a roster spot. Lord knows Mangini misused, abused or wasted a few of them on his own.

#gmstrong
S
Rookie
Rookie
S
Checking in again, I told y'all this was gonna be a bidding war lol
Shanny was gonna get his guy. Good or bad, I gues we'll know in 3 years.

It's a coin flip, I feel that buyers remorse for sure, question everything, but the bottomline is I'm 27 and this is really the first time I have felt the skins could have a Franchise QB--we'll see how it goes.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Every single statement about the Browns offering anything goes straight back to Adam Schefter and his report. A report that is about as likely as Hillis joing the CIA. Until heckert says he tried to trade up to 2, I wont believe it. He said he asked about Bradford and about Newton, so I am pretty sure he will say if he called to trade up for Griffin.

X2

And adam Shefters report comes from a reporter in St. Louis,.

Now think about it for a second.. If you are the rams and you own the 2nd pick in this draft with a would be/so called QB Golden boy that will be sitting there. If you wanted to make a trade with someone,, what do you do?

I'll tell you, you leak it to a local reporter that 3 (or more) teams have interest in the trade and that one of them is offering three 1st round picks.. then you sit back and play one team like an old fiddle.

For all we actually know, the only team that showed TRUE interest in that trade was washington and St. Louis just jobbed them into thinking there were more teams involved.

I'm NOT saying this is what happened.. I'm simply offering another alternative.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Occam's Razor, read it, learn it, use it.

I'm guessing instead of a massive conspiracy to generate interest in a pick they already traded, the report is most likely true.

you had a good run Hank.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Dude, you've been a Mangini apologist since his first loss. Everyone on here knows it. You take every available chance to hit the current FO because of that Man love. You may not have actually typed out his name but your intent was clear. You know it. I know it.

Now you've stated your preference for taking Richardson with the #4 pick. A pick that you know darned well no team is gonna make that high. This insures that you'll be able to whine about that until at least the start of the season.

I gotta hand it to you, though.....You are consistent.

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:

Actually, I have not called them failures, other than being firmly in the driver's seat in this deal, and blowing it.

Are you saying we should have outbid Washington? How did we blow it?

Quote:

I am saying that we will almost certainly be the 4th place team in the AFCN again this year, and the primary reason will be that we will not have QB play anywhere near equal to the other 3 teams. As I have said elsewhere, all of those teams have good defenses, and good to great QBs. We do not.

I see nothing special in Flacco or Dalton...or McCoy at this point. The difference is the talent around Flacco and Dalton

Quote:

This is the start of year 3 of the HH regime. How anyone can call it anything except that is beyond me. There's no "technically" about it. We are heading into their 3rd free agent market, and their 3rd draft.

The fact that this is the third year is a lot like a statistic. It tells you something...but you have to look a lot deeper to see the reality.

The first year was an old coach giving his coach a shot after showing some life at the end of the prior year. Seems reasonable.

The second year we got a strike with no OTAs and a new coach and offense - and defense - with no time to install either. How rare is that?

So...if I own the Browns....not only would I say "it's like the start of year 2"...I'd say "we are about to start year 1".

I think Holmgren is here until HE chooses to leave...regardless of Ws & Ls.

I think Heckert will be here long after Holmgren - and maybe Shurmur - are gone.

We are gonna defend with the 4-3 and play a WCO-modified offense.

The start date for H&H is irrelevant.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

For all we actually know, the only team that showed TRUE interest in that trade was washington and St. Louis just jobbed them into thinking there were more teams involved.

jc..

Wouldn't it be funny if the Redskins were bidding against themselves the entire time?

I have little doubt that the Browns might have called the Rams simply inquiring while never making a formal bid...and I can definitely see the Rams hyping our "interest" to the Redskins in an effort to drive up the trade value.

So it was Adam Schefter who floated the story about Hillis joing the CIA?

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
j/c

Who do you think will have the better team in 3 to 5 years, Rams or Skins?

Snyder killed his team for at least 5 more years.

Thomas - The Tank Engine
M
All Pro
All Pro
M
I agree 100%. The Redskins "win" free agency almost every year. They bring in every big name possible and it never works out. The Redskins have placed in themselves in a position where it is going to be very difficult to draft starters for the next few years. RG3 will be finishing his rookie contract by the time they are able to draft players to surround him.

Quote:

He's going to the Redskins. A team that has evaded an identity through its attempts to establish one: big splashes in free agency. They have been so hell-bent on crazy contracts and mortgaging the farm for instant gratification, that they have failed to establish culture and continuity. They have brought in many players that haven't worked and attracted a plethora of me-first personalities. This has led them to residing in the cellar of their division seemingly year-in-and out.

Now RG3 has all the weight on his shoulders (even more than Luck I think) to perform and perform well right out of the gate. AND, he's got to do it on a team that has failed so many times to improve itself by throwing money at instant gratification. Oh, by the way, they'll be without a first round pick for quite a while now, leaving less room for improvement.

JMHO.

M
All Pro
All Pro
M
Rams are in much a better position, long term.

Quote:

Who do you think will have the better team in 3 to 5 years, Rams or Skins?

Snyder killed his team for at least 5 more years.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

jc..

Wouldn't it be funny if the Redskins were bidding against themselves the entire time?

I have little doubt that the Browns might have called the Rams simply inquiring while never making a formal bid...and I can definitely see the Rams hyping our "interest" to the Redskins in an effort to drive up the trade value.

So it was Adam Schefter who floated the story about Hillis joing the CIA?

Perhaps this is what we wanted to happen to begin with, because now the Vikings will probably go with Kalil at #3, ensuring that either Claiborne or Blackmon will be on the board at #4.

After all Dan Snyder is very predictable in that he would probably 'over bid and over pay for the trade'. He took the bait hook line and sinker

3 1st and a 2nd ... Sold!

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
J/c

Wonder if the Redskins giving away every pick that has been talked about as a potential fine for the Gregg Williams/ killing manning thing and then one more first expected to not be touched is a coincidence.

It puts the NFL in an awkward position. Do they strike down the deal and take away a key pick from this deal and run the risk of drawing even more attention to the bounty scandal and being accused of steering RGIII to the Browns? Of punishing the Rams? Do they decide instead to take away other draft picks, further crippling one of their great new marketing assets' (Griffin) ability to be successful?

There's a little bit of what we inappropriately call irony here. Peyton Manning's neck injury is the most visible malicious hit during Gregg Williams Washington tenure, and probably plays a part in his refusal of washington's overtures. Since he won't go to Washington, they have to get griffin III. In the process, the pre-empt the commish giving away all their picks before they can be fined. So in essence, they are not fined for the bounty scandal because they broke manning's neck.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Glazer: Rams, Redskins strike deal for No. 2 pick

Link Copied to Clipboard