Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
http://www.ohioverticals.com/blogs/kent_...at-ksu-pro-day/

Kitchen and Anzevino stand out at KSU Pro Day

by Stephanie Storm on March 7, 2012

in Uncategorized

Golden Flashes receiver Sam Kirkland put up the best numbers of the day, but it was two big guys who stole the show.

With scouts from the Cleveland Browns, New England Patriots, Pittsburgh Steelers, Indianapolis Colts and Miami Dolphins in attendance at Kent State football’s Pro Day, senior defensive lineman Ishmaa’ily Kitchen and senior center Chris Anzevino garnered the most attention.

Kitchen, a 334-pounder from Youngstown (Cardinal Mooney) spent the last two months in Dallas training at a facility and his slimmed-down physique showed.

“My agent told me to go out there to get lean, eat healthy and just focus on Pro Day,” said Kitchen, who shed 15 pounds from his playing weight. “It helped because I felt I did real well.”

Kitchen did 35 reps of 225 pounds in the bench press, ran a 5.34 in the 40-yard dash and measured 31 inches in the vertical leap.

“I loved how he performed out there,” said KSU coach Darrell Hazell, who is preparing for his second season at the helm of the Flashes. “It’s the one day you have to shine and Ish put a lot of preparation into it. On Pro Day, you gotta be right on and I thought he was.”

Kirkland had the best numbers of all the players Wednesday at KSU’s Fieldhouse. The fifth-year senior was tops in the 40-yard dash (4.47), the broad jump (10.10) and vertical leap (44 inches).

Anzevino, who had been training with former Browns and All-Pro center LeCharles Bentley, also had a strong showing. He was tops in bench pressed with 36 reps, which would have ranked him second among all offensive linemen at last month’s NFL Combine. His 40-yard dash (5.1), vertical leap (31 ½) and short shuttle time (4.6) would also have ranked in the top four at the combine.

“I thought I put up some good numbers and am just very glad to have this opportunity,” Anzevino said. “I’m just trying to pursue my dreams.”

I have had many conversations with Chris and he is a really good kid from a great family. I hope he gets a chance to at least get a tryout somewhere.

#gmstrong
Pdawg #673780 03/19/12 03:26 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Kirkland had the best numbers of all the players Wednesday at KSU’s Fieldhouse. The fifth-year senior was tops in the 40-yard dash (4.47), the broad jump (10.10) and vertical leap (44 inches).

FWIW, that would tie for the second best since 2006 at the combine if he could re-create it there.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performer...L-LB-CB-OL-SPEC

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Local Talent

Link Copied to Clipboard