Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
Legend
O
Hot, please don't try to make me out as a racist or hater... I don't like plaid or corduroy either and I associate them with GEEK culture. BUT my dislike of his style doesn't mean I'm racist. IT MEANS I DON'T LIKE THE STYLE. I think it makes you look like a punk.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
never called u racist.. just saying you are judging him based on someone else. thats it.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Colin Kaepernick. The constant talking about how the read option is going to take over the NFL and blah blah blah. Don't we do this every 5 or 6 years? These guys don't last. They show up big right away, they get figured out, they take a beating, and then they become Michael Vick.

I disagree.. there was a time when you had throwing QBs and running QBs and the throwing QBs almost always won... now we are finding QBs who can throw and run and are smart enough to read defenses... Steve Young could do it, Randall Cunningham could do it, John Elway could do it... difference is that we are seeing more and more of it.. and in years past QBs were highly discouraged from running, which I think is the big change in philosophy, coaches now are accepting the QB running more and more and exploiting that skill... I don't think it's going to be a monumental immediate shift, but it is headed in that direction to where dual threat QBs are becoming more common.. I don't think we will ever see a pure running QB have success in the NFL and that is the difference, Kaepernick, Griffin, Newton, Wilson, even Luck, can all throw the ball and they are also very good athletes who can run the ball.... and the ones that are having the most early success are the ones who can best read defenses..

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
i think running if u are free is the motto for head coaches.. otherwise you end up like RG3..

Legend
Legend
I heard the other day that RGIII was not hurt one single time this year on a read option play or a designed run.. every time was either in the pocket or scrambling on a designed pass... now you can argue that the designed runs took a toll on his body and led to injury and you'd probably have a valid point.. but if that's true, then his read option and designed running never got him hurt.

yebat' Putin
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Back in my drug dealing and gang banging days I used to have quite the collection of hats. My wife informed me that my street cred was gone because I am getting my MBA.

Legend
Legend
I have a hat collection as well.

I just don't like flat brims.

I don't like the way they fit.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
For me they matched all of my clothing, so my baby blue hat would match my baby blue shirt which matched my shoes... That is what the girls liked. What ever would give me more chances with the ladies I would do. lol

Now I am married and my wife controls my clothing options lol

Legend
Legend
Not sure why everybody is getting all over the hat thing.. it is a fad that started, from what I could find, with drug dealers and others of that ilk... yes it has since become mainstream but the fact that some people still associate it with drug dealing punks is not totally unfounded... just like the whole sagging pants thing.. it started in prison, it looks stupid and it makes you look like a punk... the kid at the mall with his flat brimmed hat and his sagging pants might be a chemical engineer for Exxon/Mobil for all I know but the outfit still makes him look like a punk...

If he drove a 20 year old pick up, wore a John Deere hat and had a Copenhagen ring on the back pocket of his Wrangler jeans, I would say he looked like a country redneck...

People can dress however they want but as I tell my son, just know that people make judgments based on the way you are dressed...

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
I wear Browns gear every day, Browns shoes, shocks, belts, shirts, jerseys, coats, watches, hats, gloves. Everything I grab to wear always matches lol

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
The problem is people are associating wearing flat brimmed hats as criminals,(drug dealers and gangbangers) which is wrong. I am simply stating that just because a person wears certain clothes does not make the person. People who seriously think that way are small minded. I agree with what you tell your son, perception is important and that is good advice. My beef is how people judge, and particularly judging people as criminals for wearing flat brimmed hats.

Using the urban dictionary as a reference of how a fad started it is pretty comical.

Can research the true origins of how Mohawks(hair) were started?

Or origins of how “memes” became in existence?

Or the popular phrase “BooYa”?

What about a tucking your shirt in?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

The problem is people are associating wearing flat brimmed hats as criminals,(drug dealers and gangbangers) which is wrong.

I'm sure in most cases it is.... if I see a girl in too much make-up, her cleavage hanging out, a real short skirt, fish net stockings and 4" heels, I think she looks like a whore.. doesn't mean she is, just means she looks like one..... the chick in the business suit might be much worse, I don't know... Some things have common perceptions about them.. if you don't care, then where it any way... but if you don't want anybody to think you look like a drug dealer, then take the stickers off your hat and pull your pants up... pretty simple really.

Quote:

I am simply stating that just because a person wears certain clothes does not make the person. People who seriously think that way are small minded.

It does not make the person... but it does contribute a lot to the first impression that somebody has before they get to know the person and in many cases will determine whether or not they even want to get to know the person...

You said it yourself, you wore the hat, the matching shirt, the matching shoes.. why? Because that's what the girls seemed to like.. it made the first impression they were looking for and they judged you based on that.... inside you could have been an MBA student or a serial killer, they didn't know but something about what you were wearing led them to want to get to know you... we all make little judgments about people we don't know all the time based on what they wear to what they drive to how they talk.... everybody does it.. everybody. so if you think everybody has a small mind, then I guess that is your opinion...

Quote:

My beef is how people judge, and particularly judging people as criminals for wearing flat brimmed hats.

I'm not sure who makes that broad of a leap, could be people out there who do it, not sure.... Just because a lot of thugs do it doesn't make everybody who does it a thug..... I just don't like the way it looks...

Quote:

Using the urban dictionary as a reference of how a fad started it is pretty comical.

Glad you found humor in it... as I said right before I posted it, take this for what its worth... if you have an alternate version of how the fad started, I'll read it. I wasn't going to spend a lot of time researching it.

yebat' Putin
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
my pharmacist doesn't wear a hat at all...must be an Indiana thing.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Neither does mine but I have seen her in 4" heels.. she must be a slut.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

well what color were the heels?

N
Legend
Legend
N
j/c

story behind the artist of Kaep's ink.

#gmstrong
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

Got her number? Im asking for a friend...

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2012 NFL Season NFL Post Season 2012 If Colin Kaepernick wins

Link Copied to Clipboard