Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Legend
Legend
My nightmare is that Jones slips down the the Steelers pick, and we have to deal with him crashing the edge for the next decade.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

My nightmare is that Jones slips down the the Steelers pick, and we have to deal with him crashing the edge for the next decade.

I actually DO want them to take him

The two Steelers picks I moaned about the most over the years were Roethlisberger and Woodley and I was very happy when they drafted Hood, Mendenhall and that Texas WR in round 2 and DeCastro+Adams last draft

I'd like nothing more to have TRich run right at him play after play after play and when we have to pass to have him coming with that 4.9 speed off the edge and Thomas block him out of the way with his pinky finger...I hope the Steelers go Jones+Hunt

from walterfootball: http://walterfootball.com/proday.php#georgia

Georgia Pro Day Notes: Jarvis Jones did not have a good Pro Day. He ran a 4.92 and jumped poorly. His vertical and broad numbers were just about the same as 340-pound Kwame Geathers'. With this poor performance and the spinal stenosis issue lingering, Jones is expected to fall on Draft Day. I've had him going to the Steelers for a long time in my 2013 NFL Mock Draft.

Thanks god, that Toad did expect those numbers, so there's nothing to see here

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
There has never been a kid I disagreed about talent wise so clearly. I hope the Ravens or the Steelers take him. It will end their run for good. I have the worst feeling about this kid. I want no part of him.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Nothing personal but I am soooooooooooo glad your not going to be in the Browns war room ... this kid has been called the best player in this draft by many "Experts" ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
So has Jamarcus Russell...what's your point?

#gmstrong

E
Legend
Legend
E
3-4 Inside LB just doesn't have the Impact to utilize as a top 10 pick.

OLB is the key - Ansah Size n Speed is for controlling the EDGE n terrorizing the blind side of the QB. You tell me you want Simon from OSU in the mid to late rounds for an ILB fine with me. Ansah...how can you take him for the ILB...if for some reason he cannot become a factor on that Edge (I doubt it) then you "SETTLE" for maybe ILB. You don't plan on it from the get go.

JMHO [/color

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
I don't see great pass rush ability with Ansah. However, maybe he can become our Rey Lewis on the inside.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

E
Legend
Legend
E
You can see whatever you want to see...I can guarantee you we pick Ansah...its for OLB not ILB. He was a terror at the Senior Bowl game. He's played 9 games before that...n you are going to Assess with definite assertion he don't have great pass rush ability? His first step is explosive n quick...he's coachable. His Bull Rush will be awesome. He'll be good.

JMHO

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

You can see whatever you want to see...I can guarantee you we pick Ansah...its for OLB not ILB. He was a terror at the Senior Bowl game. He's played 9 games before that...n you are going to Assess with definite assertion he don't have great pass rush ability? His first step is explosive n quick...he's coachable. His Bull Rush will be awesome. He'll be good.

JMHO

Not @ 28 years old ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
E
Legend
Legend
E
You got any proof on that Pastor? A pre draft rumor...put out by who? Steelers? So he would drop to them??? We would have heard some Proof of it being so by now. If the Age Rumor was put out...what is it based on? There has to be some proof for this rumor to be considered true. I see none.

JMH???

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

You got any proof on that Pastor? A pre draft rumor...put out by who? Steelers? So he would drop to them??? We would have heard some Proof of it being so by now. If the Age Rumor was put out...what is it based on? There has to be some proof for this rumor to be considered true. I see none.

JMH???

I don't want to get banned again for posting something without backing it up so I will yield on your question ...

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Quote:

Nothing personal but I am soooooooooooo glad your not going to be in the Browns war room ... this kid has been called the best player in this draft by many "Experts" ...

I haven't missed on a defender in the draft since I was 12. I'll gladly take my chances on him haha. Suggs, DJ Williams, D Johnson, Ngata, Willis, Flowers(what a crap D draft), Mathews, Thomas, Miller/Watt(couldn't decide which would be better), Harrison Smith. So far so good. I'll stick with Mingo. I'll fall eventually but it won't be this year. I will admit I am taking a big risk though. Milliner is a slam dunk but everyone likes to tell me how bad Mingo is so I'll have fun if I succeed again.

Last edited by predator16; 03/22/13 05:18 PM.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Man, according to this, Jones sure sucks, and I'd want no part of him.

I wonder how Ansah did by this same criteria?

Rookie
Rookie
Looks like Jamie Collins is the best on that list. Would look good in a Browns uni. I've liked him since I heard about him about mid-season. Watched tape of him and he has something that can't be taught. Amazing explosion. Derrick Thomas and Lawrence Taylor like explosion. Would not be disappointed if he was our pick after a trade down. Would rather have him in the second but wouldn't be disgusted if he was our first rounder either.

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong." John Gierach
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The QB pressures, sacks and tackles for loss are what makes Jones special. The guy spends more time in the pocket than Vick lol.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

The QB pressures, sacks and tackles for loss are what makes Jones special. The guy spends more time in the pocket than Vick lol.

I agree.

He stuffs the run effectively, and also pressures the crap out of opposing QBs. I have watched him make opposing Tackles look like they were stuck in mud trying to block him. I have seen him beat double teams to get to the QB. Frankly I don't see the negatives some here see in him.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Quote:

Man, according to this, Jones sure sucks, and I'd want no part of him.

I wonder how Ansah did by this same criteria?

Does this include playing with their hands down and or standing up? No, then it's as useless as Toad's "arguments"...wonder why those guys playing at the LOS have a much lower "rate" (of whatever they deem a possible tackle) than those standing up? and why those OLBs in a 3-4 have a better tackle rate than those in a 4-3? Totally different positions and game situations you're faced with....3-4 OLBs have either clear plays rushing from the edge or have nothing to do with the play (or get washed out of it, is there a % for that? Jones would score big too there )...then comes the 4-3 OLB who face more trash by playing more inside than 34 OLBs and haveing also more responsibilities...and the worst tackle % from DL...well, who would have thunk...those guys are there to slow down the ball carrier so that the LBs make the tackles, doh

As useless a stat as I've seen there comparing 3 different positions....hey let's compare DTs, ILBs and CBs while we're at it...who has more pass deflections, INTs, sacks and TFL?

#gmstrong

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

Does this include playing with their hands down and or standing up? No, then it's as useless as Toad's "arguments"

Does not including some guys who play with their hands down change the FACT the cold hard numbers reflect an excellent tackler who ranks 2nd on that list?

Nope. Can't spin that one away. Kinda like you can't spin Frostee Rucker being the 58th ranked starting DE in the league by Profootballfocus.com, though you swear he had an above average season. He was so good he's now a backup on a one-year deal.

Of course there's no way Jones should go higher than Moore, a now 2nd round level guy who you'd still take at #6.

Now I'm going to take a page from your playbook and say:

"But let's stop this and just talk football"

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Unlike you, I actually watch and decide for myself....Moore might go in the 2nd, I don't care. I know a good football player when I see one, and Moore is one. You can go all EO on me for an entire year if Jones goes top 10 and Moore in the 2nd, but ask EO how he feels about Everette Brown and Barwin today

..and nice cheap shot on Rucker although I already stated that I mixed up Rucker with Parker. Best way to know I own you if that's all you'll hang your hat on from now on...a name mixup. Guess you missed the part where I said that Rucker was AVG on his best day

Anyway, back to that pathetic list...here's clue for you: why do you think do NFL DEs have less tackles than OLBs? I know, tough one...here's another question: is it easier to tackle a QB staring downfiel or running into your arms or a RB while fighting an OT? Sheesh, that's anotehr tough one

This list is nothing but a joke, as you can only compare players who played the same position in the same scheme (and even better if same style)...in fact all is actually says is that Jones is the 2nd most efficient player out of 2 as only him and Collins played 3-4 OLB...and while I'm at it....I must have seen ALL of Collins' missed tackles as I've seen PLENTY in the 2 games I saw of him. 97% my buttocks, he's a horrible jump-tackler

#gmstrong

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Djangobrown's various quotes about Rucker:
Quote:

but a tandem of elite pass rush talent and elite run stuffing talent (Rucker) doesn't sound too bad

Quote:

Who were our "sure" pieces in the 4-3? Haden, Ward, DQ, Rubin, Taylor and Sheard...that's 6 out 11 starters that are well above AVG or better at their position...add to those solid pieces, who have shown that they belong like Gocong, Rucker, Winn, Hughes and Robertson...and our basic needs are down to no2 CB, FS and RDE

Quote:

Good news is that we should be able to get a 3rd day pick for him as his contrct will look good in this market and he has produced consistently, so some team will take the instant "solid" production over a 5th to 7th round hopeful

Yeah, some team is gonna view that RIDICULOUS $20 million dollar contract we gave Rucker as something they really wanted, and would be willing to give us a draft pick for him.

You trade picks for good players, not ones rated 58th in the league at their respective positions and who turn around the next year and sign one-year deals to be backups.

You've made it clear how you feel about Rucker. Dude was a rotational player that we tried to turn into a starter and we got burned. Now he's back where he belongs: Riding the bench behind legit starters.

I wonder how many backup players you'd give up valuable draft picks for if you were calling the shots.

Quote:

Anyway, back to that pathetic list...here's clue for you: hy do you think do NFL DEs have less tackles than OLBs?

Since you've clearly missed the point, I'll have to spell it out for you, like I usually have to do...

You can take away everyone else in that list and just look at Jones' numbers. They are excellent and stand by themselves. They don't need a comparison. So forget the list and try to knock the numbers.

Quote:

You can go all EO on me for an entire year if Jones goes top 10 and Moore in the 2nd, but ask EO how he feels about Everette Brown and Barwin today

Why would I do that when I can go all Blaine Gabbert on you now.

Now whenever you're done being smackful we can talk football. I've been waiting to see if you'll ever give up the opportunity to take the last word. Now would be a perfect time or we can continue to put on the show. I promise I won't go off half-cocked like Vers, but it would be much nicer to take the attitude out of it...

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Okay, Dj, we're playing nice in the Davis thread.

Truce.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Do we really have to fight that fight for the 10th time?

Here's the recap: You ride your joyride that Rucker underperformed, but keep ommitting that it was a stop gap committee from day one when we gave Parker 3mil to complement him...it was a platoon, everyone knew it going in, saw it and you still keep pushing the fairy tale that we "started" him...no, he was 50% of RDE and would have made 4mil in 2013 + 3mil Parker = 7mil for RDE...now go check all 4-3 RDE contracts and perfomance and come back to me, or dig out your pathetic thread on it...you really wanna go there again?

Oh and those "valuable" 3rd day picks weren't all that valuable when threw away the 2 of them plus a 4th rounder for TRich...what is it now? Yeah, you got me on the late rounder thing, throw a party as that was a brainfart on my part (see how that goes? It's easy, you should try too...how about in this thread as Jones underachieving on his ProDay was a good opportunity for that) as no one will ever give up ANYTHING for scheme miscast that everyone knows is gonna get fired...add to that that the FA market was incredibly de-valued compared to last season...and you can't tell me you saw that coming, no one did as teams have more cap to spend every season normally, but somehow this FA was a complete buyers market for the most part...

As for Jones: I'll do a silent quote of Diam's preferred sentence and add "...especially for College stats"

#gmstrong

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Okay, Dj, we're playing nice in the Davis thread.

Truce.

Too late for that

#gmstrong

E
Legend
Legend
E
the more you use that to discredit me...I will continue to repeat this

2009 February Everett Brown was my guy
2009 April Orakpo was my guy.

But keep repeating that crapola to up your credit n down mine...all I do know EVEN WITH HINDSIGHT Barwin was not worth a #17 Pick

But you n others are correct - I don't know anything about Football.

As for the stats on Jones...I had always included him as a One of two Ansah or Jones...but I was influenced by his negatives in Combine n Pro Day...not that it overides film which on film I really like Jones domination n explosiveness. But a lot of the combine stuff or Pro day stuff is to Confirm what you see on film n to evaluate the TRANSITION of that skill into the NFL. I am not saying to drop him to the 3rd round...Just enough Flags to get him out of the TOP 10!

Django discuss football with me...I know with ME n Others coming to the board you see it as some sort of THREAT - I didn't mean to bring out your INFERIORITY COMPLEX out - I do think we have made a lot of the same conclusions regarding OLB in this draft. I fail to see how Insulting me or trying to Discredit me serves you considering we actually Agree. Except you definitely "KNOW" I fart more football than you know....

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Jarvis Jones medically cleared

Link Copied to Clipboard