Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
TTTDawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
As per EO...........making this the discussion thread and turning the "Draft Prospects that have scheduled visits" back to just the names visiting with the link.

An "UP TO DATE" list. (feel free to copy and paste as the names grow).
1. Geno Smith QB
2. Matt Scott QB
3. Datone Jones DE
4. Dion Jordan OLB
5. Sheldon Richardson NT
6. Don Jones Safety
7. Kenny Stills WR
8. Millner CB
9. Honey Badger CB
10. EJ Manuel QB
11. DJ Searinger Safety
12. Jonathon Cooper OG
13. Logan Ryan CB
14. Larry Warford OG
15. Tavon Austin WR
16. Ryan Nassib QB

With 4 QB visits to Berea (not including who they've visited, Barkley, etc) i'm thinking Thad L isn't gonna be back?

Would like to see them sit and "groom" someone for a year or 3 JUST IN CASE Weeden/Campbell aren't the answer. Someone who can come in and start that has some "tenure" in Chud's/Norv's system. "SOMEONE TO PUSH" Weeden/Campbell out alla NE's Brady/GB's Rodgers, etc.

Seems like they're looking hard.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

T
Legend
Legend
T
I would like to see some more realistic corners on that list.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
TTTDawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
1. Geno Smith QB
2. Matt Scott QB
3. Datone Jones DE
4. Dion Jordan OLB
5. Sheldon Richardson NT
6. Don Jones S
7. Kenny Stills WR
8. Millner CB
9. Honey Badger CB
10. EJ Manuel QB
11. DJ Searinger S
12. Jonathon Cooper OG
13. Logan Ryan CB
14. Larry Warford OG
15. Tavon Austin WR
16. Ryan Nassib QB
17. Ziggy Ansah DE
18. Gavin Escobar TE

E
Legend
Legend
E
Right now 3 CBs 1 slotted for #6 the other two 3rd or 4th round. Also the safety Jones to me might be a CB prospect.

We can Add Ziggy Ansah with a visit. As well as Escobar TE

Unless QBs get taken a lot quicker than we think...Looks like we will take one 3rd round or later. Also a lot of prospects bringing in are guys Not to be picked at #6 (Mid to late round 1st or 2nd rounders) n no chance of being there at our 3rd round pick.

So odds are we are lining up several possible Drop Backs??? Man I hope Fisher is there when we pick n let the Auctions Begin
JMHO

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
TTTDawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Right now 3 CBs 1 slotted for #6 the other two 3rd or 4th round. Also the safety Jones to me might be a CB prospect.

We can Add Ziggy Ansah with a visit. As well as Escobar TE

Unless QBs get taken a lot quicker than we think...Looks like we will take one 3rd round or later. Also a lot of prospects bringing in are guys Not to be picked at #6 (Mid to late round 1st or 2nd rounders) n no chance of being there at our 3rd round pick.

So odds are we are lining up several possible Drop Backs??? Man I hope Fisher is there when we pick n let the Auctions Begin
JMHO

Good point on the "Drop Back".

Imo, although unlike in years past where teams could garner a Kings Ransom by trading back, there will still be terrific talent at #6 overall at the supposed "Unskilled Talent" positions.

Perhaps this year we trade back and garner the Gold and Frankencense but have to forego the Myrrh.

I'd be good with high-mid 1st (7-12/15) and another 2nd (39-47/50)

It works out somewhat fair on a "Draft Value Chart", give or take a menial pick and/or player,
http://brownschat.clevelandbrowns.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6931011/m/360100902

Really like to get a 2nd rounder back.

Last edited by TTTDawg; 04/04/13 12:49 PM.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

1. Geno Smith QB
2. Matt Scott QB
3. Datone Jones DE
4. Dion Jordan OLB
5. Sheldon Richardson NT
6. Don Jones S
7. Kenny Stills WR
8. Millner CB
9. Honey Badger CB
10. EJ Manuel QB
11. DJ Searinger S
12. Jonathon Cooper OG
13. Logan Ryan CB
14. Larry Warford OG
15. Tavon Austin WR
16. Ryan Nassib QB
17. Ziggy Ansah DE
18. Gavin Escobar TE

19. Matt Barkley QB

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Kyle "Son of Howie" Long - OG/OT/OC

Mary Kay

Former Oregon Ducks offensive linemen Kyle Long is visiting the Browns today, a league source told the Plain Dealer.

Long, a possible second-round pick in the upcoming draft, tweeted on Sunday night, "wheels up for Cleveland.''

When a twitter follower asked if he was visiting the Browns, he joked, "no, the Indians.''

A former pitcher who was drafted by the White Sox in 2008, Long took the hard path to the NFL draft. The son of Hall of Famer defensive end Howie Long and brother of Rams former No. 2 overall pick Chris Long, Kyle started out pitching at Florida State, but was arrested for DUI in 2009.

He came home, got his act together, went to a junior college to play football, and then ended up at Oregon where he played one season for the Ducks.

Now, he's determined to follow in his father's and brother's footsteps and excel on the gridiron.

“I’ve grown a lot as an individual. I was definitely immature. I was not independent. I feel I’ve grown up as a man the last few years. I’ve taken responsibility for some of the things I’ve done. It was the worst thing and the best thing I’ve done. I’ve been through hardship and fought my way back. I’m standing here at this podium today as someone who’s at the NFL Combine. I’m proud of the progress I’ve made and don’t plan on stopping making progress anytime soon.”

Long (6-6, 313) can play guard and tackle, and is learning how to snap.

Howie and Chris have described him as the best athlete in the family.

Legend
Legend
One thing about Philly (Banner?) is that they always invested high in the OLine.

If this cat is as good on his side of the ball as his brother & Dad are on the other side of the ball, we could end up with one seriously SICK OLine.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
im shocked we havent had rhodes in at all.......

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

im shocked we havent had rhodes in at all.......

He's not 26yo

We rather sign a 26yo comng off of ACL surgery and hope he becomes as good one day as the 30yo we do not sign because he's 30yo...makes perfect sense, doesn't it?

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Given the thread title, could slick have been referring to Xavier Rhodes?

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Ooops, you're right.

We need both Rhodes' anyway

#gmstrong

TTTDawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
1. Geno Smith QB
2. Matt Scott QB
3. Datone Jones DE
4. Dion Jordan OLB
5. Sheldon Richardson NT
6. Don Jones S
7. Kenny Stills WR
8. Millner CB
9. Honey Badger CB
10. EJ Manuel QB
11. DJ Searinger S
12. Jonathon Cooper OG
13. Logan Ryan CB
14. Larry Warford OG
15. Tavon Austin WR
16. Ryan Nassib QB
17. Ziggy Ansah DE
18. Gavin Escobar TE
19. Matt Barkley QB
20. Kyle Long OL

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
FWIW, my thoughts on those

1. Geno Smith QB - not at 6 please, maybe after a trade down, still "meh"
2. Matt Scott QB - decent mid round gamble, but please not in the top 100
3. Datone Jones DE - "ok" after rade down, but that's really the last position we need along with OT
4. Dion Jordan OLB - not a fan, but many that I respect love him. I just don't see much pass rushing upside
5. Sheldon Richardson NT - not really....
6. Don Jones S - he's one of those outsmart candidates, please not before the 5th-7th
7. Kenny Stills WR - not a fan, but "ok" starting with the 4th
8. Millner CB - sure, bring him in at 6, but don't trade up please
9. Honey Badger CB - "hmm"-value in the 3rd, "ok" in the 4th, "steal" anywhere after
10. EJ Manuel QB - "ok" in the 3rd/4th, but please don't burn any picks in a trade up
11. DJ Swearinger S - "ok" starting with our 3rd
12. Jonathon Cooper OG - love him, but would only pick him after trade down with very good return and past the mid 1st, where he will be gone
13. Logan Ryan CB - "meh" for me, CB/FS tweener...I see a "neither, nor"
14. Larry Warford OG - "ok" in the 3rd or ater
15. Tavon Austin WR - "meh" value at 6, "ok" after trade down
16. Ryan Nassib QB - worth a gamble in the 3rd or even 2nd if we get one via trade, not in the 1st as our 1st pick please
17. Ziggy Ansah DE - take him at 6, but no uptrade please
18. Gavin Escobar TE - overrated, would be "meh" in the 4th for me
19. Matt Barkley - see Nassib
20. Kyle Long OL - if he falls to the 3rd maybe, don't want him in the 2nd

My best case scenario for the draft is to have the last top OT prospect sitting there at 6 along with either Ansah or Milliner. For that to happen I guess both Floyd and Jordan have to go top 5 + 2 OTs and one of Milliner/Ansah ..then trade down one spot with the Cards for additional mid round picks (think TRich trade)...they get their OT and we still get our guy at 7 and have free shots to take 1or2 guys like Stills, Mathieu, M.Scott, Swearinger with the extra picks. Since this is too good to be true, we won't get it

#gmstrong

Legend
Legend
Warford is kind of a stud. He totally put Sheldon Richardson on roller skates vs Missouri.

N
Legend
Legend
N
yeah, he'll go in the late 1st or early 2nd for sure.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
How quick or how long it will take for Warmack n Cooper to be taken in the draft will dictate where Warford will go. He is the next Interior OL to go I think (unless a Center need takes hold).

Kid is good - I think after the Senior Bowl a lot of coaches went back to the film n double check why they don't have him that high???

JMHO

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Milliner article

Browns may take risk on CB with No. 6 pick

Steve Doerschuk 04/09/2013 1:21 PM

No one already in a Browns uniform will answer the question of how many games the team will win in 2013.

Dee Milliner, however, took the bait when the topic came up in an interview on WKRK 92.3 FM—The Fan.

“How many games are we going to win?” said Milliner, playing along with the thought he will be issued an orange helmet after the Browns make their pick at No. 6 overall on April 25. “We’ll be a contender in the playoffs.”

Milliner, who has never been to Cleveland, is scheduled to visit owner Jimmy Haslam and the Browns’ brass Tuesday in Berea.

He told The Fan the cornerbacks he loves to study are Deion Sanders, Champ Bailey, Patrick Peterson and Joe Haden. The Browns would hope to do better with Milliner than they have in going 14-34 since spending a No. 7 overall pick on Haden in 2010.

What of a Haden-Milliner cornerback tandem?

“Aw, man, that would be good,” Milliner said. “If we was to get together, that would be a great duo to make plays and make it kind of easy for the safeties back there to make plays.”

Mike Mayock’s latest draft rankings — and everybody else’s — peg Milliner as the best cornerback in the draft. Mayock says Milliner is “is ready to use his pro-ready size, athleticism and change-of-direction ability to become a household name in the NFL after winning back-to-back BCS titles (with Alabama).”

Milliner might be a strong pick if he is available at No. 6. Analysts Mel Kiper and Gil Brandt both say he won’t be, pegging Detroit at No. 5 as Milliner’s destination.

Yet, seldom are cornerbacks drafted as high as No. 5. The highest picks spent on the position in the last 10 drafts, in fact, were at No. 5, twice (Peterson in 2011 and Terence Newman in 2003).

The Lions and Browns naturally are concerned that Milliner underwent shoulder surgery three weeks ago.

“It’s gonna be a process, rehabbing and things like that to get that right,” Milliner told The Fan. “I’m gonna be good once I get through that, back to 100 percent.”

Even if Milliner heals quickly, recent draft evidence suggests the Browns can find a good cornerback outside the top 10.

Cornerbacks (and their draft backgrounds) who have popped up on All-Pro lists within the last several years include:

• Leon Hall (No. 18, 2007, Michigan/Bengals)

• Antonio Cromartie (No. 19, 2006, Florida State/Chargers)

• Devin McCourty (No. 27, Rutgers/Patriots)

• Nnamdi Asomugha (No. 31, 2003, Cal/Raiders)

• Charles Tillman (No. 35, 2003, Louisiana-Lafayette/Bears)

• Asante Samuel (No. 120 overall, 2003, Central Florida/Patriots)

• Richard Sherman (No. 154, 2011, Stanford/Seahawks)

• Cortland Finnegan (No. 215, 2006, Samford/Titans)

If the Browns trade down from No. 6, their interest in a cornerback would shift to one of the other highly rated prospects at the position.

Mayock’s top five: 1, Milliner; 2, Xavier Rhodes, Florida State; 3, D.J. Hayden, Houston; 4, Desmond Trufant, Washington; 5, Johnthan Banks, Mississippi State.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Mayock’s top five: 1, Milliner; 2, Xavier Rhodes, Florida State; 3, D.J. Hayden, Houston; 4, Desmond Trufant, Washington; 5, Johnthan Banks, Mississippi State.

One of these CB's is gonna be a Brown this draft.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
LINK

Dion Jordan on Browns

Mary Kay

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Oregon linebacker Dion Jordan has already gotten the sales pitch from former Ducks teammate T.J. Ward on how great it would be to join the Browns, but the speedy edge-rusher was an easy sell.

"Yeah, T.J. was great, but he didn't have to do much pumping up to get me excited about playing for the Browns," Jordan said in a phone interview. "They have a new defense and a new scheme, and if I land in Cleveland, I'd really look forward to playing with T.J. again and being part of the Browns' organization."

Jordan, one of the players the Browns are considering with their No. 6 overall pick Thursday's first round of the draft, can already envision the impact he'd have on the Browns' new 3-4, multifront scheme.

"There's a lot of good talent on that defense," he said. "T.J.'s doing a great job in the secondary and so is Joe Haden, but I think I could really help those guys back there if I was coming off the edge."

Jordan, who played a hybrid defensive end/linebacker position in Chip Kelly's multifront scheme at Oregon, would most likely start at right outside linebacker in Ray Horton's defense, opposite free agent pickup Paul Kruger. It's the spot at which converted defensive end Jabaal Sheard is penciled in.

"I think I'd make a good bookend with Paul Kruger," Jordan said. "I've watched his brother (Joe) play at Utah and that's a very good breed of football player in that family. It would benefit me to play against that caliber of player."

Jordan (6-6, 248), visited the Browns last week in Berea and left thinking he'd be a great fit in Horton's defense. In addition to his explosiveness off the edge, he can cover tight ends and even receivers in the slot, which he did some at Oregon.

"I'm all about getting after the quarterback and that's what they really want to do," said Jordan. "There are a lot of similarities to that defense and what I played at Oregon. I loved meeting with Ray Horton and I can feel the energy he brings to that defense. He asked a lot of questions about my defense and wanted to see how I'd adapt to their terminology and scheme."

The question is, will Jordan still be around when the Browns are on the clock? Most draft experts think he'll be gone, either at No. 2 to the Jaguars or No. 4 to the Eagles, where Kelly is now the head coach. Surely, Kelly wouldn't let Jordan slip away, would he?

"I really don't know what coach Kelly is thinking," said Jordan, who had 12.5 sacks over the past two seasons. "I loved playing for him and would be happy to be reunited with him. I'll be excited and ready to go no matter where I go."

Kelly, whom the Browns interviewed for their head coaching job, has folks guessing about what he'll do on Thursday night. The Eagles have scouted quarterbacks such as West Virginia's Geno Smith and Florida State's EJ Manuel, but also seem to love Jordan.

"Dion's just a special guy in my heart," Kelly said at the NFL Combine in February. "I had an opportunity to be with him for five years. He came into Oregon as a receiver, moved to tight end, we switched him over to defense the beginning of his sophomore year. He just had a huge impact, not only on the field but off the field."

That Jordan is even talking about being drafted is a minor miracle. As a senior in high school, he suffered second- and third-degree burns over 40 percent of his body in a freak accident when he and some friends got the notion to use a vacuum cleaner to siphon gas from one car for another.

Jordan, one of the top prep prospects coming out Arizona that year as a wide receiver, pulled the plug on the vacuum and it exploded right in front of him. He suffered horrible burns on his arms and legs, and was airlifted to a hospital, where one of the first things he did was check to see if he could move his fingers.

"I knew if I could move my hands, I'd be OK," he said. "I was already thinking about playing football."

The Ducks, who had offered him a scholarship, stuck by him, and Jordan worked hard to recover from his wounds. Fortunately, he required only one skin graft and was released from the burn unit in a month.

"I was only 18 and I healed well," he said. "I was determined to get back to where I was going with my life and I stayed focus. I also had a great support system and the whole state of Arizona praying for me."

Jordan, who finished third among defensive ends at the NFL Combine with a time of 4.6 seconds in the 40, began as a tight end at Oregon, but moved to defensive end as a sophomore in 2010 and showed natural explosiveness from the start. As a full-time starter in 2011, he led the team with 13 tackles for loss and 7.5 sacks. Last season, he registered 10.5 tackles for a loss and five sacks despite a mid-season torn labrum in his shoulder that required surgery last month.

"I only missed one game last season, and I feel like it shows my toughness, that I finished the season, I stayed true to my team and I made sure as a leader, as a senior of our team, it shows I'm willing to win and do what it takes to compete," he said at the Combine. "I'm right on track with my rehab. I was told it would be four months and that's right at the start of training camp. I'll do everything I can to be ready."

NFL Network's Mike Mayock loves Jordan's upside, but thinks he's a year or two away from being an edge rusher along the lines of Aldon Smith, the 49ers' Pro Bowler.

"(Jordan's) got frightening athletic skills, and he's a year away," Mayock said on a conference call. "He'd be a situational pass rusher year one. And if he puts 20 pounds on, I think he's going to be a perennial All-Pro. I really like the kid. But again, that's a little bit of a risk-reward. You're betting on this kid two years from now."

ESPN's Todd McShay on the other hand, has no doubt Jordan will be a star.

"I truly believe he can be the best pass-rusher in this class when it's all said and done," he said on a conference call. "I also think what makes him rare or separates him from a lot of guys is his ability to drop coverage. You just don't see many guys, I haven't, that are 6-6, 248 pounds, that can swivel their hips and change directions and do the things that he can do and has the awareness in space that he has.

"Those long arms help him get to the quarterback when he's close, and he closes as fast as any edge rusher in this class. So I would put him ahead of all those other guys, [BYU's Ziggy] Ansah, [LSU's Barkevius] Mingo, and anybody else in terms of his ability and potential as an edge rusher at the next level."

Jordan is confident he can do the same things in the NFL that he did in college, including covering receivers in the slot.

"My size, my speed and the fact I'm willing to put in the work off the field to really understand the defense and who I'm going against makes it all work out," he said. "I think my skill-set will translate to the next level."

C
Legend
Legend
C
I would say that Jordan is the guy that if he was there we wouldn't trade down. He won't be there though.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I would say that Jordan is the guy that if he was there we wouldn't trade down. He won't be there though.

If we draft Jordan @ #6 I believe we will trade Sheard to Atlanta for pick #30 ... The Falcons like him and would gladly trade that pick for him and if we draft Jordan we won't mess with the experiment ... JMHO

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

If we draft Jordan @ #6 I believe we will trade Sheard to Atlanta for pick #30 ... The Falcons like him and would gladly trade that pick for him and if we draft Jordan we won't mess with the experiment ... JMHO

That's fine with me. I have no desire to go through another season of this team trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. I hope we draft a DE prospect as well. Instead of hoping one of the many defensive tackles we have will somehow turn into a DE. *cough* Corey Williams *cough*

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
C
Legend
Legend
C
You mean one of the many college defensive tackles that will be converted to defensive end in the 3-4?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

You mean one of the many college defensive tackles that will be converted to defensive end in the 3-4?

Thank you.

Spirit, other than Bama can you name a college football team that runs a 3-4?

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Oregon, Notre Dame, Stanford, Georgia and Wisconsin.

I think it'll catch on more and more, but the hard part is filling the d-line with 18-21 year olds who already have that size or can build up to it.

C
Legend
Legend
C
The point is that most current and future NFL defends ends in the 3-4 were defensive tackles in college.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Thank you.

Spirit, other than Bama can you name a college football team that runs a 3-4?

No and that kind of makes my point. Most of these guys have never played in a 3-4. Yet I'm supposed to believe that after 2 years of drafting specifically for a 4-3 defense our players are BETTER suited to this new defense.....and that all of our defensive tackles, having never played in another system, will quickly and easily adapt?

I can't name a Pro team that runs an actual 3-4 where you have three linemen on the line of scrimmage and four line BACKERS that play off the ball.

I see 3-4 DE and 4-3 DT as completely different positions. But I do realize I'm in the minority. Hell, before it was known they intended Taylor to play the nose, there were several calls for him to play DE. For some reason many believe a big fat guy that just eats up space is the prototypical 3-4 DE. The best 3-4 DE was Bruce Smith. Did he look like a DT? JJ Watt is the modern prototype. Tall and quick off the ball. He played DE in college. Not a short stout DT type at all.

Perhaps one of these guys can play DE. MAYBE. But that's not a sure thing. Lots of guys try to make that transition and fail. But our new staff says our guys are better suited to a 3-4 even though most haven't played it as you just said....Come September we are going to SEE just how well suited to this new D they really are. The clock is ticking..... I hope they draft at least one linebacker. Someone that can play OFF the ball as well as rush the passer.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
C
Legend
Legend
C
Crazy that Tyler Eifert has had no visits.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Browns | Worked out Aaron Dobson

The Cleveland Browns conducted a private workout with Marshall WR Aaron Dobson Friday, April 19.

2013-04-25 15:12:27 | Source: Scout.com - Aaron Wilson

E
Legend
Legend
E
Dobson sneak attack visit??? sure late round pick for us?

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
The meeting was a week ago today.

Any experts know where he's projected?

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
To answer my own question, looks like the 3rd, maybe 4th.

No way we take a WR that high.

RIGHT????

T
Legend
Legend
T
If he is on the board at pick 104, you could do worse.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) "Discussing The Scheduled Visiting Prospects"

Link Copied to Clipboard