Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Wow, do we actually have a draft where nobody is complaining about the browns picks?

Nice job!

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Thanks hack and Cincy. I missed that.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
got a text from dmic... he wants interior OL. who ya got?

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
CBS says Sam Brenner, OG Utah (#235) then Josh Kline, OG Kent State (#245). First OC is Dalton Freeman from Clemson at prospect #267. Have been using CBS to mark guys off, so I don't have any other frame of reference at this point.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Sam Brenner, OG Utah

2nd that...good value in 7th

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Put him up!

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
draft tek has Jason Weaver at #228 at OG and Joe Madsen at #167 at OC

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
I'll do it, I'm up next anyway.

1st String
1st String
thanks for the pick I concur and agree.. I like the pick.

I am the artist that was known as Dawgmanincincy
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Suggestions for Detroit?

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Dustin Hopkins.. Kicker Flordia St.

With Hanson retiring they need one why not start with a good one in the 7th

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
They signed David Akers. I think they need OLB more than PK. Just my opinion.

Lerentee McCray, OLB, Florida

Though to move it forward, I'm ok with PK.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I just wanna say thanks to Clevesteve for running this again!

This is always fun, and I know it's a lot of work for you to keep up on it all. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we appreciate it!

Legend
Legend
I second that thought. This was my first time participating and I enjoyed researching the players and making selections. Thanks to Clevesteve for organizing! I hope to do it again next year.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

This is always fun, and I know it's a lot of work for you to keep up on it all. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we appreciate it!

#gmstrong
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C

...THIRD IT....CleveSteve.....great job Thank-you..

Legend
Legend
I just wanted to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I just wanted to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Excuse me stewardess, I speak jive.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
T
Legend
Legend
T
I'm down to 2 players, give me 15 minutes

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
N
Legend
Legend
N
Titans draft (if someone is doing the wrapup at the end, this will make it easier if we each do our own team and post it here):

10: Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
40: Kevin Minter, LB, LSU
70: Jordan Poyer, CB, OrState
97: Stedman Bailey, WR, WVU
122: Will Davis, CB, Utah State
142: Chris Faulk, OL, LSU
159: Christine Michael, RB, Tx A&M
193: Sean Renfree, QB, Duke
202: Chris Gragg, TE, Ark
216: PJ Lonergan, OL, LSU
232: Joe Kruger, DE, Utah
248: Jakar Hamilton, S, SC State

12 rookies is alot for one team to carry. But, the Titans certainly need the upgrade in depth and a draft like this one might do the trick.

My focus was obviously on fixing their broken defense. I hope that Star and Minter could help out that horrid rush defense and Poyer could actually cover a slot WR for them. After that, their team is in such rough shape right now that I just tried to get value depth everywhere. QB3, TE2, RB3, etc. Though I could see Lonergan and Faulk competing for starting places on their interior OL.

#gmstrong
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
JC

First, thanks clevesteve for this, it was fun yet again.

Second, after the draft is over, I'll do a comparison of how everyone did versus the actual. I'm not sure exactly how I'll do it yet - points for being right pick, right round, actual vs mock position, etc...

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Patriots Draft

1(9) Tavon Austin - Patriots trade with Jets for dynamic threat for Tom Brady
2(59) Tyrann Mathieu - Patriots get dynamic slot man and return man
7(226) Levine Toilolo - Huge TE Target, give some Gronk insurance
7(235) Quinton Dial - Underachieving Alabama 5T guy who has the requisite athleticism

lost the 2014 first round pick as well as 2013 third rounder in trade for Austin.

Overall I'm ok with this. Brady would be lethal with Austin and it would open up the middle of the field for his TEs and Amendola. Honey Badger was not known to have been hit with more than 10 positive tests at the time of the pick so I'm not as happy with that one now.

Only 5 picks overall going in and only 4 players chosen. It's a team poised for another championship. Do what you can to get back to the SuperBowl while Brady is still there and healthy.

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

The Jets finished this draft with

Lost : Mark Sanchez, Darrelle Revis

Added :

Josh Freeman (T)
Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU (1)
Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford (2)
Shawn Williams, SS, Georgia (3)
Leon McFadden, CB, San Diego State (3)
Stephan Taylor, RB, Stanford (4)
Kenny Stills, WR, Oklahoma (5)
Ryan Jensen, OG, Colorado State-Pueblo (6)
Adam Replogle, DE, Indiana (7)
+2014 First Round pick from New England

Just to put everything together, there is my draft again.

N
Legend
Legend
N
it's probably way too much work, but I have seen some places do it where they add up people's points based on the draft value chart. if you pick someone lower than their actual pick, you get the value point difference added to your score. if you pick someone higher in the draft than the actual pick, then you have the value point difference subtracted from your score.

#gmstrong
G
gsa Offline
Rookie
Rookie
G
Falcons draft:

1. Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington - biggest need filled with an elite talent.
2. Tank Carradine, DE, FSU - great compliment for Osi, awesome value.
4. Jelani Jenkins, OLB, Florida - great OLB to go with Weatherspoon.
5. Kevin Reddick, ILB, UNC - rounds off the LB core and front 7 really well.
6. Edmund Kugbila, OL, Valdosta State - SAT scores kept him out of elite schools.
7. Emmett Cleary, OT, Boston College - need tackle depth with Clabo gone and Lamar Holmes promoted to starter.
7. T.J. Barnes, DT, Georgia Tech - quality defensive line depth is always welcome.
7. Sanders Commings, CB, UGA - quality defensive back depth is always welcome, especially against the Saints.
7. Jason Weaver, OT, Southern Mississippi - Lamar Holmes' former teammate, more offensive tackle depth.

Lost a 2014 4th round pick (small price to pay to ensure Desmond Trufant)

A Super Bowl contending team fills all of its major needs with quality talent.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
good idea, though there's a bit of an unfair advantage to the first round. I mean KC is pretty much guaranteed 1300 points, because I see no way Joeckel drops below #5... and a team like Seattle without a first rounder would be hard pressed to make up that many points.

I'll play with it, should be pretty simple in Excel, 2 or 3 formulas.

I was thinking of a sliding scale, but something more like
25 points if you got it right,
15 if you were one off on the good side, -1 if off on the bad side
10 if you were 2 off on the good side, -2 if off on the bad side
9 if you were 3 off on the good side, -3 if off on the bad side
and so on with a max of maybe -32 for more than around off on the bad side.

Just thinking out loud.

G
gsa Offline
Rookie
Rookie
G
Ravens draft:

1. Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas-Pine Bluff - It's hard to find a franchise left tackle and Flacco needs protection. This guy has the tools and appears to be a gem.
2. Shamarko Thomas, SS, Syracuse - A Bob Sanders clone. Needed a replacement for Bernard Pollard. Will make a great partner for Michael Huff.
3. Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State - great value and will round off the receiver core well with Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones.
4. Brandon Williams, NT, Missouri Southern - Terrence Cody has been a disappointment and this is just great value.
4. Gerald Hodges, LB, Penn State - lot of question marks at ILB for Ravens. This converted safety will make a great compliment for the two McClains.
5. DeVonte Holloman, LB, South Carolina - another converted safety. Might be better than Hodges. Suddenly ILB is a team strength again.
5. Braxston Cave, C, Notre Dame - Gino Gradkowski needs some competition and the position needs some depth.
6. Michael Buchanan, OLB, Illinois - never can have too many pass rushers. This is solid value.
6. Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida - pure luxury pick. Will add depth and versatility to the offensive backfield and special teams.
6. Ryan Otten, TE, San Jose State - another luxury pick. Adds some nice depth in addition to Pitta and Dickson.
7. Rogers Gaines, OT, Tennessee State - athletic left tackle type. Good project and depth.
7. Nickell Roby, CB, USC - cornerback depth is always welcome.

Defense gets younger, faster, and likely better than it was last year. The offensive line gets some depth and has some talented young replacements for the lost veterans. Boldin will be missed, but Wheaton will add an explosive weapon for Flacco. Overall, the Ravens are poised to defend their crown and, as per usual, have as good a chance as anybody to win it all.

N
Legend
Legend
N
The unfair advantage is the other way in my method. KC would get zero points for getting Joeckel correct, negative for each slot he drops. The difference that is.

But if you put in the effort do it the way you like best

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
San Francisco 49ers Draft

I know everyone has their way of doing things. I know some thought maybe it was better to move up higher in the first round since the Niners had so many picks for this draft. With as much talent as they have and also so many picks, my initial thought would be to try to work a trade for a 1st rounder for next year and just fill the team with depth with the remaining picks this year.

My thought was to get trade some of the picks and move up to get another high quality pick instead of just one.
actually i really liked the picks made, I think there is a ton of potential, but also a few question marks on health status on a couple. The only I would've liked to of added was some Linebacker help or maybe picked a TE earlier in the draft.

*Traded picks 2nd (#61), 3rd (#74), 6th (#175) to Carolina for a 1st rounder (#29)

1st
29. FS Jonathan Cyprien, Florida International - Very physical safety, good ball skills safety
31. DE Margus Hunt, SMU - Very strong, quick DE...projects to be a boom or bust candidate. Would have him learn and rotate in for Justin Smith his rookie season.

2nd
34. WR Keenan Allen, Cal - coming off a PCL injury this past season, experienced route runner, great hands would work in the slot with Crabtree and Boldin on the outsides.

3rd
93. RB Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina - one of my favorite picks, One of the top Rb's in college when healthy. Very strong, powerful...picked him b/c looks like a Frank Gore clone. Just like Frank knee issues in college. Marcus could keep strengthening the knee this year while Gore starts then take over the reins next year.

4th
128. OT Reid Fragel, Ohio State - Former TE, last year was his first year playing OT and played very well for OSU. Very athletic and still learning the position.
131. DE William Gholston, Michigan State - great athletic ability and strength, needs to learn more pass rush techniques

5th
157. QB Matt Scott, Arizona - great value in my opinion, 3rd string QB sitting and learning the offense. Very mobile and good arm.

6th
180. SS Cody Davis, Texas Tech - great in the box tackling safety, led the Big 12 in avg solo tackles last year. Not much ball hawking skills...probably slated for special teams

7th
237. CB Travis Howard, Ohio State - good ball skills, needs to be way more consistent
246. K Dustin Hopkins, FSU - top kicker in the draft, it's the 7th round, might as well draft him and bring him in to challenge Phil.
252. TE Luke Wilson, Rice

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Aah, for some reason I was thinking you meant subtract actual from mock in the draft value chart, which now that I think about it makes no sense.

I'll blame on a 75 hour week last week.

H
Rookie
Rookie
H
Minnesota Vikings 2013 Mock Draft

My draft for the Minnesota Vikings filled each of their pressing needs, without over reaching, as most players were rated at or above the slot selected.
23 (1). DT Sylvester Williams, North Carolina - Kevin Williams needs some help on the interor D-line and Sly can collapse the pocket.
28 (1). MLB Alec Ogletree, Georgia - Olgetree fits the Derrick Brooks role, in this defensive scheme. He will roam with his sideline to sideline speed.
52 (2). WR Terrence Williams, Baylor - This big receiver and large catch radius is also a downfield threat to put opposite Jennings that will increase Ponder's completion percantage and big play ability. Williams will also keep the safeties honest to allow AP to get deeper into the secondary.
64 (3). CB B.W. Webb, William & Mary - This elite athlete has the skills to be a true shutdown corner, especially with the Vikings pass rush.
83 (3). CB Robert Alford, S.E. Louisiana - The secondary continues to be fortified, with this solid #2 or #3 corner.
125 (4). DE/LB Brandon Jenkins, Fla. State - Talented pass rusher will be in the rotation, with Robison, this year and possibly replacing Robison, next year.
161 (5). SS Earl Wolff, N.C. State - Another athletic player to pair with Harrison Smith.
169 (6). OG Earl Watford, James Madison - Already having two very good tackles, Watford immediately improves the weakest link of this offensive line.
214 (7). DT Bennie Logan, L.S.U. - Vikings snatch up this big man to stuff the middle and rotate with and keep clean, the Williams boys. Great value, this late.

Drastic improvement defensively, adding two corners that may be #1 and #2, by end of year, certainly #2 and #3. Safety Earl Wolff should step right in, as a starter. Two defensive tackles to rotate with Kevin Williams, keeping him fresher and more productive. A playmaking sideline to sideline MLB and a pass rushing, rotational defensive end.
Offensively adding a big play receiver that can also move the chains and a solid starting guard. Both will also, help AP and enhance Ponder's developement.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I should have drafted for the Browns. I took both of our picks

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Dawg Talkers YBTGM 2013 Chat Part 2

Link Copied to Clipboard