Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
F
Quote:

If SF wants to jump all the way from #31 to #6, it's likely going to cost them a future first round pick.

Most big jumps in the first round like that do.

^ 50% this.

We keep saying we need a 2nd Round pick. How else are we going to get one? The trade with the Chargers is unrealistic. It would be nice, but still unrealistic. I can see a scenario where the 49ers would give up a couple solid role players (not bums) that fit our needs along with middle round picks and the combo of #31 and #34. 2014 or 2015 1st Rounder? Great, but focusing on now, a strong package deal would help. I see depth at CB even in this area.

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
dont trade down to get a group of valkune and robo and momas again....we dont need another center either!

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
T
Rookie
Rookie
T
Not sure why you think a trade down with San Diego is not possible. I can see 3 teams wanting to draft a LT who are not in the top 5 and thus do not have a chance at Fisher or Joekyl (Arizona, San Diego, and Miami). Miami has the most to offer in terms of draft picks to move up, but do not discount the fact the SD desperately needs to improve their OL and Lane Johnson offers them that opportunity and he won't be there at 11.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
I just dont see how the browns DONT TAKE a corner in round 1 even if it isnt millner. Mingo is a big question mark if you ask me.....very risky pick. If we dont pick up a 2nd round pick then you have no choice but to take a corner even if millner is not there. AND, even if we do get a 2nd round pick......do yo want to wait that long? because all of the top CB's will be gone by then........as far as im concerned...WE HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO TAKE ONE OF THE TOP CORNERS IN THE FIRT ROUND.....OTHERWISE THIS DRAFT S A FAIL...

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I would rather trade back, we have three or four holes that need filled. We need a cornerback, offensive guard, free safety, and another pass rusher. You could also say that we might need an inside linebacker and tight end as well. The smart play is to try and trade back so we can get more picks to try and pickup multiple players.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
M
Legend
Legend
M
JC

Michael Reghi of WKNR said the Browns top two choices are Barkevious Mingo and Tyler Eifert. I'm assuming it from his sources (like they all have) but who knows for sure. Just fueling the speculation as we get close.....just a few days away.

Tackles are tackles.
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
J/C
Anytime I see "sources" anymore, all I think is "Twitter"

Legend
Legend
Quote:

J/C
Anytime I see "sources" anymore, all I think is "Twitter"

That's funny, I always think of Tony Grossi

He's his own source..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
E
Legend
Legend
E
It seems if the author has read it some where it is now classed as "sources". Gone are the days of real investigative journalism. So the author named his source n it was Jon Gruden talking on what he would target for the Browns.

Savage who is friends with Lombardi n in communication stated we were targeting Millner n Ansah. Of course if a true friend...why would he spill the beans.

At this point I don't think anyone knows who we are targeting except the Four that were in the room discussing the board. Banner/Lombardi/Farmer/Chud...anything else being reported as "Sources" is guys listening to others talk about the draft. We got this thing locked up tight as a Drum. Nothing is being leaked...unless we LEAK IT.

Trade back...Hope that Albert trade thing does not go through. Miami opens the door for us to have a nice auction for #6 n the last of the top 3 LT prospects on the board. Knowing Zona probably will take them at #7. Would love to make the trade with Zona pends how bad they want him...in 04 we moved up from #7 to #6 to take KW2 giving up a 2nd. Now all we need is Butch to run the show in Zona...lol

Top 5 are usually known by now but the lack of an obvious ranking chain separating 5 top talents (or QBs) has this draft bouncing all over the place. One day Floyd is going top 3 next day he is going outside of Top 10. Star there in top 5 then he drops. Ansah bouncing up from way back. One thing that does seem to be certain is the Top 2 Left Tackles will go in the top 5. And that is only a 90% certainty still leaving an outside chance of I DON'T KNOW WHAT. CB is not a normal top 5 position. But the two highest being QB n WR are not worthy of TOP 5 leaving the door for NOT THE NORM.

This baby is so UP IN THE AIR! Well according to my Sources

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
B
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
B
Only way I'm happy drafting any TE in the first is if it meant trading down TWICE....

FYI, thats in response to Memphis up there...

Last edited by Brownoholic; 04/22/13 10:15 AM.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Only way I'm happy drafting any TE in the first is if it meant trading down TWICE....

FYI, thats in response to Memphis up there...

Got it. And I don't disagree. However, McShay has Eifert going to us at 6. Maybe there is something floating around in the world of the NFL. Maybe not.

I don't think much of McShay, but think he is usually more accurate than his counterpart, Kiper.

Maybe Reghi's source was McShay....ha, that'd be a small circle of influence.

Last edited by MemphisBrownie; 04/22/13 10:35 AM.

Tackles are tackles.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) "Sources" say our top 2 choices are...

Link Copied to Clipboard