Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

i doubt it...especially with banner and lombardi making ther picks....we blew it on the cb position.....we will be near the last in the nfl this year against the pass

I was certainly hoping for interior OL help but I'm not going to complain too much. Opposing QBs are going to see pressure in their faces from this group. We're not just going to be trying to cover receivers for 5 seconds like we have in the past. We're going to disrupt opposing offenses with blitzes and pressure QBs into bad decisions or make them throw before they're ready or take the sack. It seems to me that the defense is going to try and make opportunities for the Browns. That's what bringing in Ray Horton is going to be doing for the defense. I think it'll be a nice change.

I still think the interior OL needs addressed (maybe they'll still do that) but if the offense goes to more of the shotgun, it might not be as much of a problem. Who is going to each Weeden how to improve his QBing skills? I don't see any QBs coach on the roster of coaches.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Yep ........ Plus, Baltimore won the Super Bowl last year with Ladarius Webb sitting out with a torn up knee. They beat Denver, and New England, and San Francisco in the playoffs ....... Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Colin Kaepernick, all without their best CB.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Yep ........ Plus, Baltimore won the Super Bowl last year with Ladarius Webb sitting out with a torn up knee. They beat Denver, and New England, and San Francisco in the playoffs ....... Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Colin Kaepernick, all without their best CB.

and GB had how many DB injuries when they beat Pitt?
NYG never had good CBs in their 2 runs
nor did Pitt when they beat AZ

even without Webb, I think Baltimore had the best starting CB duo since Indy's SB win.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
That could be ..... and it really shows how pressure is the key.

I remember how people complained when we passed on Clay Matthews Jr ........ and how we should have taken him so we could rush the passer ..... and how that would make a huge difference .......

Well, now we have a guy who might become our own "Clay Matthews Jr" ...... as far as pass rush goes anyway.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Here is a little comparison:

Steelers CB's: Ike Taylor #1; Cortez Allen; Willima Gay; Isaiah Green; DeMarcus Van Dyke.

Ravens CB's: Jimmy Smith #1; Lardarius Webb*; Asa Jackson; Corey Graham; Chykie Brown

Bengals CB's: Leon Hall #1: Brandon Ghee; Adam Jones*; Dre Kirpatrick*; Chris Lewis-harris; Terence Newman.

Browns CB's: Joe Haden #1: Buster Skrine; Trevin Wade; Chris Owens; Johnson Bademosi (aka Bad Man); Kevin Barnes; Prince Miller

Comparing all four they all have a top #1. Bengals have the best overall. Cleveland just picked up Atlanta's #2/#3 Chris Owens, otherwise, Skrine, Wade, and Bademosi (aka Bad Man) are all second year guys. Is it really dire need in comparison?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well I'm a BPA guy and I just can't believe Mingo was it at # 6 ....

D
Legend
Legend
D
Would have to agree with all this. In Jauron's defense, Milliner would have been the best fit. In Horton's defense, seems like rushing is thee most crucial aspect and everything else falls into place thereafter.

But really, if the QB is getting pressured with fresh rotated linebackers and linemen - do we need a stud CB duo? This move really makes me excited to see how Horton is going to attack with that front seven group.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Round 1 Continued ....

Link Copied to Clipboard