Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Right now I would rather have Gordon. I like the idea of a big WR with huge, soft hands, and solid speed, who has nice deep ball skills to a smaller receiver, even one with incredible speed.

That makes two of us YTown. I think it was a solid pick and this FO seems to be D heavy with no real O investment to speak of. We do have a back-up QB that better fits the system.

I'd say if we hadn't have gotten Gordon last year, we still wouldn't have two very solid WR's. I hope he continues to progress and have no reason to think that he won't.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No it wasn't patience that did it ..Mingo was the target(and I'll say after Jordan).
From everything I've read and comments they've made thats the guy they wanted..pass rusher first.

N
Legend
Legend
N
all Big-XII stats need to be taken a 50% due to the "defense" played. I mean he had 314 of those yards in the worst defense ever played game (vs. WVU)

I do think Terrance Williams is a very good WR though and I think it's crazy that Baylor is the current NFL pipeline for WRs.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
j/c

Smith, Geno. I would have took instead. jmo. but with questions at QB that's who I would have took.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Geno Smith sucks.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

Geno Smith sucks.

possible franchise QB or a WR? what is more important?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
But Geno is not a possible franchise QB.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

maybe maybe not. all I know is we don't have one on the team now and just got to keep looking until we get one.

Last edited by pblack18707; 04/26/13 07:37 PM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I disagree. Weeden can be that guy. We'll find out this year now that he's in a system that fits his skill set.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

for the first four games this past year he looked like he could be one

it's just the rest of the season when he stunk that made people question him

<><

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

I disagree. Weeden can be that guy. We'll find out this year now that he's in a system that fits his skill set.

yea ok. not going to argue. the thread was who would you take over Gordon? as far as weeden? in 3 years he will retire.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

Quote:

Gordon.

He would have gone late in the 1st round.

If he played college ball last year and had just the numbers that he had here in Cleveland, he would have gone ahead of Tavon Austin, without a doubt.

The problem is that he didn't play college ball because he got caught doing drugs in college for AT LEAST the third time.

He was caught at least twice at Baylor and kicked off the team. He went to Utah, where he was caught once again doing illegal drugs.

I don't think a guy like is very reliable. I think this guy is a walking time bomb.

I'd rather have the second round pick, especially watching some of these guys come off the board tonight.

Gordon is a big play WR. He has talent. He is not a route runner. He is not very smart. He is not a chain mover. He is a real character risk. But, he looks good and caught some deep passes. Oh my!

I will say whether we are better off w/Gordon or the 2nd round pick is debatable, but it's downright goofy for you guys to say he would be a first round pick. A top ten pick. A top five pick. The freaking kid got booted off two universities. Kinda hard to make it big when you can't even stay on the team.

O
All Pro
All Pro
O
Quote:

He is not very smart.

You're allowed to have opinions on this board, but please don't make up stuff. This is a flat out lie. There hasn't been a single report that say Gordon is not smart. In fact, they actually say the opposite (I think he had a pretty high wonderlick, if I remember correctly). Please don't mix up his off-field troubles with intelligence; they are 2 seperate things.

I was skeptical of the pick at first, but to come in late through the supplemental draft, not having played football for a year, and pick-up the offense like he did (and put up solid numbers) was extremely impressive. So, please, don't make up flaws like saying "he is not very smart." Maybe not very mature or responsible, but a info points to him being a pretty intelligent kid.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Did you hear ESPN last night on Jordan? It's a wonder he went as high as he did. They talked like he was a one trick pony. He has great outside moves but as soon as teams start putting a FB or TE in to chip him he's done. Said he doesn't have any inside moves. Even showed a couple of clips of him being pushed out of the play by the FB or TE. I'm so glad we got Mingo.

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
V
Legend
Legend
V
I hear you and I apologize. I was not clear.

I was not talking about his academic smarts....LOL.

I was talking about how smart he is on the football field. I didn't see him make one sight adjustment. I didn't see him make one hot read. i didn't see him read holes in the zone coverage. I really didn't see him work his way back to the qb very often when the play broke down.

Now, I am not saying he didn't EVER do that, but I watch the game pretty close and I didn't see those things. That is what I meant when I said he was dumb. But, I wasn't clear. My mistake.

O
All Pro
All Pro
O
And again, I ask, what were your expectations for Gordon coming into the year? They sound pretty unreasonable...

Your talking about a kid that hadn't played in a football game for over a year. A kid that had a shortened off-season due to coming in the supplemental draft. A kid that even I admit is extremely raw. Yet, you expect him to come in as a rookie wr (probably one of the hardest positions to transition to in the NFL) and have complete knowledge of the offense, know all the hot-routes, etc, while working with a rookie QB and no veteran WRs to mentor him? Come on, man...

V
Legend
Legend
V
I think you are just being argumentative. I really don't think you know exactly what you are saying.

Hot reads, sight adjustments, etc are linked to coming in late? Really? One of the hardest positions to transition to???

Look, I am not saying I am right about whether or not he is worth more than what our 2nd round pick would have been, but I am arguing that I think it is preposterous for people to say he would have been a top 5 or top 10 pick.

The kid couldn't even stay in college. You choose to chastise me, but ignore those comments. LMAO.......that's revealing!

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Glad to have Gordon.

Our Second Round pick this year already has one year experience.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Gordon

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Weird I could have swore Patterson was Travis Benjamin sized. So Gordon would have been about the same size as T Williams and Patterson.

In this offense I am wild for Gordon. For a 2nd I'm still very happy with this pick. We didn't get to see him do a single jump ball last season...I am looking forward to that.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Gordan

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I'm more than happy with Gordon =) He might be our best pick of this entire draft 8)

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Well, he was certainly our best pick of our last draft.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
JC

I'd take the 2nd rounder because I think WRs are a dime a dozen if you have a quality QB. I don't dislike Gordon at all and think he has a chance to be good if he can improve (hell learn to run a route other than go deep and out run the other guy) his route running and become consistent. I would have loved to have that 39 pick with Minter or Banks on the board.

It's debatable either way, but WRs are just so overrated imo unless you have a truly dynamic one. Granted Josh could develop into that, but I don't think it's a slam dunk that he will like some seem to think. JMHO

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'm very happy with Gordon being used for our 2nd rounder, he's much better than any of the WRs who were available tonight and that may have been the position we used that pick on if we hadn't gotten him last year. It may have also been a blessing in disguise because the FO may have been tempted to use that pick on Geno Smith if we still had it. I really didn't want Aaron Brooks 1.5, so Gordon may have been double-effective by being drafted last year.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) So would you rather have Josh Gordon or that 2nd round pick?

Link Copied to Clipboard