Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Legend
Legend
Lol, that Joe Banner is a real hardass, $3k less signing bonus than Walsh. Maybe because the 175th pick was two picks later into the sixth this year than last due to CLE and NO having no seconds?

E
Legend
Legend
E
Yeah I'm not sure if its part of the new CBA but it use to be the standard was 3 years after the 2nd round. But to your questioning of the length for a 6th rounder as in maybe too much....The length actually benefits us.

1. It is not guaranteed by us.
2. It is guaranteed by the player to stay with us unless they hold out.
3. If the standard is 3 years I see this benefiting us giving us a Red Shirt year for the Achilles to heal 100% then we get the 3 years.

Of course not sure at all of the CBA if its 4 years standard that is a wow in concessions to the Owners, delaying the 2nd contract by a year.

It previously was Standard 5 years for the First round if 6 the sixth was optional???
Standard 4 years for the 2nd round. Standard 3 years for rounds 3-7???

No idea of the new CBA...any well informed dawg have a link like we use to???

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
M
Legend
Legend
M
I agree, I think the length can benefit us if he ends up working out. But that can say that about any 6th rounder, really. They're all under the same parameters contractually of the guaranteed money portion. But I think the general consensus is that if this guy didn't have such a devastating injury, he would have been drafted a few rounds higher. So, if he does work out, the length aid us yet again.

The red shirt concept you mention makes a ton us sense to, EO. Obviously with his injury last year and unknowns going into TC. I thought there was something that said he may not even be ready then.

Last edited by MemphisBrownie; 05/23/13 10:29 AM.

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

A four year deal seems long for a 6th rounder with an achilles injury. I will be interested to see the contract numbers.

then later

Quote:

I agree, I think the length can benefit us if he ends up working out. But that can say that about any 6th rounder, really. They're all under the same parameters contractually of the guaranteed money portion.

Definition of a man talking w/a forked tongue.

Legend
Legend
Most of the later round pick have ridiculously low guaranteed numbers. A 4 year deal can only help the team .... because they get a chance to develop a kid, and if they don't see progress, they can dump him pretty much anytime they want/need to do so. He got a whopping $114,224 signing bonus .... which really is nothing in the larger scheme of things in NFL salary caps.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Vers...in defense of Memphis...he stated his negative n then I guess made some Logical explanations that turned his opinion around some what. Don't know if that makes any difference thought I'd bring it to light.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Pick #175 : Jamoris Slaughter, S, ND

Link Copied to Clipboard