Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
There are 3 areas where Weeds will be evauated.

1) Wins and loses. As the leader of this football team anything under 8-8 will be seen as a failure. Not for the front office or coaching staff but for Weeds as QB. This team has a better than average Oline, solid receiving unit, a star running back, and a coaching staff that is bringing in an offense tailor made for skill set. Wheter that means throwing for 4,000 yards or managing the game with a strong run game anything under 8 wins will spell the end of Weeds as QB for the Browns.

2) TD's to INT's. He must throw more TD's than INT's. If this offense becomes throwing the ball all over the field he will need to have 10 more TD's than INT's 25 to 15 or something similar. Look at Rivers in SD. When he turns it over they become very average. When he is on they are as good as any team in the league. With the defense being built to cause turnovers and get after the QB it will become a priority to not put the defense in bad situations.

3) Desicion making. He needs to make good and quick decisions. In the WCO he was lost quite a few of the times that caused the offense to become stagnant for periods of almost every game. With this offense being tailor made for his skills he will be looked upon to take command of the offense. Compliment the run game with throws over the top when defenses stack the box to stop richardson. And to keep the chains moving on 3rd down.

If he can lead the team to atleast a 500 season with 10 more TD's than INT's showing the coaching staff he has command of the offense he will be the Browns QB in the future. Next years QB draft class is not a whole lot better than this yeras. Aaron Murray, Johnny Mainzel, and Teddy Bridgewater are the best but none remind anyone of Luck or Griffen. Let's all hope Weeds can take the reigns for the next 5+ seasons if not it could be some more long years to come.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

I would love to see Weeden step up and show that he can be a legitimate player.

So would I. So would every Browns fan. I put the chances of that happening at 50/50 - meaning "who knows?" We'll find out this season.
Quote:

We could still draft a "future" QB next year, maybe even a 1st rounder ..... and let him sit and learn for a year.

Myself, I think this is a "Weeden is", or a "Weeden is not" year. We have enough need for round 1 talent in other areas......I don't see Weeden being good, and the Browns taking a first round quarterback next year just to sit, and I don't see Weeden being bad/poor, and us NOT taking a first round qb next year. (if there are any worthy). If that makes sense.
Quote:

If Weeden were to improve a great deal, then we could make a decision ...... do we keep both .... or do we keep one and trade the other? What a great "problem" that would be for us to have.

That would be an ideal problem to have. But, if Weeden shows this year that he's good, let's not waste a first round pick on a "sit on the bench and learn" guy, let's get a c.b., guard, safety, whatever, with our round one pick. If Weeden flames out this year, things change for next years draft.

I don't want 2 first round qb's on our team unless we feel we are "set" at all positions. First round picks are supposed to contribute, immediately.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Dont agree with not taking a QB

Link Copied to Clipboard